"Tease Torment Tantalize: A 30th Anniversary Tribute To The Smith's Debut" released (Mar. 24, 2015)

"Tease Torment Tantalize: A 30th Anniversary Tribute To The Smith's Debut" - Reimagine Music

Excerpt:

Recorded in 2014, the 30th anniversary of The Smiths’ eponymous debut, this new compilation features a select few of the best artists in electronic and indie rock. The Smiths’ independence, in style and attitude, persists in this unique reimagining by Kevin Devine, Blackbird Blackbird, Faded Paper Figures, Field Mouse, Jaymay, Brothertiger, Seapony, Male Bonding, The Night VI, Soft Metals, Young Statues, Heidemann, Our Broken Garden, and Mother Falcon (an eighteen piece orchestral rock band).

Producer of the album, Jim Sampas, says, “Thanks to the blood, sweat, and tears of the most talented artists on the scene today, this project possesses a sonic cohesion, more like an album by one band rather than a compilation. Approaching the source material was no easy task. Morrissey challenged his listeners with uninhibited lyrics of shadowy sexuality, excitements, and remorse. As collaborators, Johnny Marr and Morrissey of The Smiths were not interested in being trendy. These guys simply set out to make great, timeless art, avoiding the blaring guitars and biting ‘tear the house down’ lyrics of the day and instead augmenting deeply personal lyrics with distinctive, elliptical, guitar phrases that seem to emanate from the ether.”

“But get ready," Sampas warns, "the artists involved in this do more than merely pay homage. While some alight on the flames of the original song craft to great effect, others take the material in a nuanced direction, fanning the fires of a masterpiece. Through it all, there is a sense of the original light, a radiance able to support fresh interpretations.”

Tease Torment Tantalize: A 30th Anniversary Tribute To The Smith's Debut Track Listing
1. “Reel Around The Fountain” Kevin Devine (6:02)
2. “You’ve Got Everything Now” Mother Falcon (5:36)
3. “Miserable Lie” Field Mouse (2:47)
4. "Pretty Girls Make Graves” Jaymay (2:51)
5. “The Hand That Rocks The Cradle” (Blackbird Blackbird1:43)
6. “This Charming Man” Brothertiger (3:27)
7. “Still Ill” Male Bonding (3:13)
8. "Hand In Glove” Faded Paper Figures(3:16)
9. "What Difference Does It Make?" Seapony (3:43)
10. "I Don't Owe You Anything” The Night VI (3:44)
11. “Suffer Little Children” Soft Metals (5:24)

Bonus Tracks
12. “Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want” Young Statues (2:14)
13. “Bigmouth Strikes Again” Heidemann (3:06)
14. "I Don't Owe You Anything” Our Broken Garden (5:22)

TeaseTormentTantalizeSmithsCover.jpg

Spotify playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/album/6N1y9A96xStNjiMaGXvlvF

Roberto Ferdenzi posted the original link to the video:

'Reel Around The Fountain' - The Smiths
Cover by Kevin Devine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxaERZcOido

Last edited by a moderator:
again? listened to some soundclips 1.30 sec., my fave 'miserable lie'....for that cover, I would buy it inmedately

several bands have made an album for their love, or a tribute to the Smiths...like this one...this is afterall definately OK

'and they say he's mentall'...and it will not be the last one...Morrissey solo work maybe?

Last edited:
with spotify you get to hear the whole album, you can put it on your spotify list in whole,and I don't pay for it:guitar:

'and they say he's mentall'...ofcourse, that's why....

Spotify = Slave Labour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom