tell us about the last Film you saw

watched a lot of movies since my last post to this thread, the worst:
Underworld_awakening_poster.jpg

as bad as it is though, she is just so dreamy in that outfit :love:
the best I've seen in a while was:
CitwTeaserSmall.jpg

really, I was surprised how much I liked it, check it out :thumb:

I just watched Terms of Endearment. Fantastic film that captures the highs and lows of life and how they are deeply connected. Great acting with a wonderful story. Excellent.

Not really a "film" per se, but I watched comedian Patton Oswalt's "Finest Hour" special last night

and I haven't laughed so f***ing hard in a long time. HIGHLY recommended

7558287022_152886db61.jpg

Take This Waltz

What can I say, I'm still feeling the effects. Dizzy, dazed, dreamy, drugged.

Two thumbs up.

Last edited by a moderator:
watched a lot of these on the flight here:
The_Rum_Diary_Poster.jpg

A-
Johnny was brilliant in it
Rango2011Poster.jpg

A
I loved it, I can see how its not for everyone, but for me, it made that time on the plane actually enjoyable
Intimefairuse.jpg

B
could have been better, but it had an interesting premise and the gorgeousity which is Amanda Seyfried basically over powered me
The_rite_2011_film_poster.jpg

D
the worst film I have ever seen Anthony Hopkins in
Colombiana.jpg

C-
a must see if you got a thing for Zoe Saldana otherwise, pass
Neverletmegoposterquad.jpg

B-
just too sad for me, but still worth watching
Memoirs_of_a_Geisha_Poster.jpg

B+
kind of funny 3 of my 4* favorite Chinese actresses being in a film about Japanese women, but if you can past that
its pretty good
& right after I got here:
Dark_Shadows_2012_Poster.jpg

C
not as good as I thought it would be, but the cast and cinematography make it worth watching, in spite of a crap story

*=Maggie Cheung being my favorite actress currently living

Last edited:
JC-DVD-cover_1333218317.jpg

ack! this film has the worst front covers and advertising ever! But it is a GOOD film! Okay the beginning was a bit slow, but it grows within the hour. Taking inspirations from Star Wars, Matrix, Superman, Clash Of The Titans and Lord Of The Rings, it mixes them up into one massive film and I think it does make a good film, just! Give it a shot, it maybe Disney, but it's surprisingly not a kids fairytale film. It's good with plenty of action for blokes and kids.

220px-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-theatrical-poster.jpeg

Yes, I watched it. My verdict: average. To be honest, there was no need to reboot the series at all. The films may have this "grown up" element, but I don't think it really makes the new reboot anything special. The new spiderman is...a bit boring and childish. I do think Toby does play him slightly better in the last few films. The enemy wasn't that brilliant, it was just average. Nothing really shocked me. A bit bland.

I will be reviewing Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter and the new Titans film next :)

tumblr_m6r8z4UpiA1qhcdpto1_400.jpg

tumblr_m6sx2mz3cW1qhcdpto1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6ta53lQfZ1qhcdpto1_500.jpg

tumblr_m72h8emg2N1qhcdpto1_500.jpg

tumblr_m776coEnJd1qhcdpto1_500.jpg

tumblr_m77ntjpgcd1qhcdpto1_500.jpg

tumblr_m7bk9izk011qhcdpto1_400.jpg

I have watched all these over the past 2 weeks.

caught on cable or dvd since getting back:
Mean_Girls_movie.jpg

I saw it when it came out and remembered most of it, still holds up, very funny and insightful & wow
Lindsey really was great in it, she showed such promise, sad how things have gone for her since then, still:
A+

Wrath_of_the_Titans.jpg

D
liked the "Clash..." from a few years ago OK, but this, just went nowhere

Australia_ver4.jpg

B+
its really long, but I liked it, visually stunning, great performances by Nicole K, Hugh J and the aborigine kid

Madea%27s_Witness_Protection.jpg

F
watched this one with my brother and his wife, she chose it, and it was the worst film I have sat through in many a year
then to get that horrible film out of my mind, my mother and I watched a classic:
funnygirl.jpg

A+

Your_Highness_Poster.jpg

B-
Call it the "Nat P & Zooey D effect" but I liked a lof of this film, though a lot of it just plain stupid

Poster_of_the_movie_The_Hole.jpg

A
Thora was brilliant in it

2003_cheaper_by_the_dozen_wallpaper_003.jpg

A little lesson in deception. If you try to cover up naughty intentions with sticky sweet lies, that shit comes back to bite you. Cover something up and it throws a parallel into the cosmos that Jesus and his weird little crown of thorns brings back into the light. He saw it the first time too.

original.jpg

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom