Ten To Hear Again: Morrissey, 1988-1991

And compare that with the unimaginative dreck churned out these days. It's almost as if Moz's drinking buddies were his actual band.

And compare that with the unimaginative dreck churned out these days. It's almost as if Moz's drinking buddies were his actual band.

Well said. Too many people round here are way too soft on modern-day Morrissey.
Well done for pointing out the truth. You really are a brave, honest, witty and wonderful man!

tumblr_p96okho8Q71tpri36o1_400.gif

Found x3 is at number seven. I can’t take this to seriously

That's a great list or at least has some of my favorites. I'm happy that "Found,Found, Found" is included. I really like that one even though it's more compact than what we were used to hearing at that time from Morrissey.

Well said. Too many people round here are way too soft on modern-day Morrissey.
Well done for pointing out the truth. You really are a brave, honest, witty and wonderful man!
take your tongue out of skinnys arse.skinny hasn't cracked a smile this millennium.

Trolls are doing stupid things. And he loves Morrissey more than his own life.

He is a troll in case you haven't noticed. Joining every new thread about Morrissey to post negative comments is not normal behavior for someone his age. His need to get back at Morrissey for not being the person that he imagined is a symptom of mental illness. It's time to either accept that Morrissey owes him nothing or move on.
Your contention that he loves Morrissey more than his own life doesn't help his case. When people, like Mark David Chapman for example, build their identity, even partially, on the basis of some perceived relationship to a famous person that they do not know it can easily become unhealthy and detrimental to their personal development. I think it's embarrassing when he insists on having inside information that never pans out.
Besides that here is another thread that has become a discussion of what an asshole Uncleskinny is instead of a discussion of the songs on the list.
Rational emotionally stable people don't act like this.

He is a troll in case you haven't noticed. Joining every new thread about Morrissey to post negative comments is not normal behavior for someone his age. His need to get back at Morrissey for not being the person that he imagined is a symptom of mental illness. It's time to either accept that Morrissey owes him nothing or move on.
Your contention that he loves Morrissey more than his own life doesn't help his case. When people, like Mark David Chapman for example, build their identity, even partially, on the basis of some perceived relationship to a famous person that they do not know it can easily become unhealthy and detrimental to their personal development. I think it's embarrassing when he insists on having inside information that never pans out.
Besides that here is another thread that has become a discussion of what an asshole Uncleskinny is instead of a discussion of the songs on the list.
Rational emotionally stable people don't act like this.

I think this ranks as the most intelligent and interesting post ever placed on Morrissey-Solo.

All I would add is that responding to Peter only feeds his fantasies. Probably best to just ignore him, poor bloke.

I think this ranks as the most intelligent and interesting post ever placed on Morrissey-Solo.

All I would add is that responding to Peter only feeds his fantasies. Probably best to just ignore him, poor bloke.
At the risk of being dragged into a brawl that I want no part of, I have to say that a bit of bullying goes on at this site. Just because Skinny expresses his view is no reason to accuse or use words like pathetic, mentally unwell, or condescending language like 'poor bloke'. Then another anonymous person backs that up and we end up with a long line of bullying posts. Nobody likes to be attacked like that. I know Skinny can be very barbed and direct and gets thick when insulted, but you are just cycling around a vicious circle that you can break.

At the risk of being dragged into a brawl that I want no part of, I have to say that a bit of bullying goes on at this site. Just because Skinny expresses his view is no reason to accuse or use words like pathetic, mentally unwell, or condescending language like 'poor bloke'. Then another anonymous person backs that up and we end up with a long line of bullying posts. Nobody likes to be attacked like that. I know Skinny can be very barbed and direct and gets thick when insulted, but you are just cycling around a vicious circle that you can break.
Totally agree with you there, Acton. It's just a lynch mob, replacing one form of unpleasantness for another. I really dislike it.

Last edited:

I don't disagree with the sentiment of this - but it has to be said Skinny is probably the biggest flat-track bully of them all. I remember when he made a valid and positive contribution to the site rather than his needless abusing of people and endlessly picking fights. It is something I have been on the receiving end of myself. And like many here, I suspect, because of this any goodwill I had towards him has long since been eroded. That said, I do find it is best just to ignore him these days.

Yeah the amount of name calling and hostility directed at people some who don’t deserve it makes me not feel much sympathy for him

Ah, I remember the days when there used to be some actual on-topic discussion about the music...

Anyway, I can't agree with the inclusions of either Found, Found, Found or Girl Least Likely To, but there are some other nice choices. I would have added the likes of Sister I'm a Poet and perhaps I Know Very Well How I Got My Name ahead of the aforementioned two.

I'm not so sure it is bullying - if it is then Peter has made it perfectly clear on numerous occasions that he doesn't give a flying f##k what anybody else thinks - I think the negativity towards the majority of his posts are based on total confusion. The 'why do you come here?' line has become a bit of a cliche, but the question still stands. Why devote so much of your life to somebody you claim to not like? I don't like Coldplay very much, but I cannot imagine a time where I felt the need to repetitively voice this on a Coldplay fan site.

Add to this the fact that Peter claims to have 'secret' inside knowledge about The Smiths - which invariably proves to be incorrect - and the suggestion that the thinks he has a personal relationship to Morrissey because he once bumped into Johnny Bridgewood in a pub, makes him appear both deluded and mentally ill. Nobody would suggest otherwise if his posts were rational and true.

Whilst I'm as sick as most that the majority of threads get derailed by name-calling or the tedious bollocks of Aztec/Vegan/Benny et al. I think your frustration is misdirected.

Saying that, you are one of the most interesting and considered posters on the site and I'm finding it hard to disagree with you as I've cheered pretty much every thing you have posted over the past few years.

I actually agree with Uncle Skinny. Morrissey from 88 - 96 was simply exceptional. Then the return with You Are the Quarry - those bsides, the band - was such an exciting time.
His auto bio, his complaints about poor single performance, canceled tours, hateful politics, crappy band, the train wreck of a novella - he isn’t the man he used to be.

But back in the day.....wow!!

And I’m not alone. Many here agree. But the weird new fans are so angry. It’s odd....

Slightly off topic but future looking. I took my daughter to watch The 1975 in Manchester last night, I'm a bit biased as I have a pint with the singers dad now and again but the atmosphere was incredible and reminded me of gigs by The Smiths and Morrissey from years gone by. Wonder if my daughter will be involved in debates like this in 30 years after the inevitable split and solo careers?

Who knows but one things for sure Manchester is still producing fantastic bands!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom