Thank you AztecCamera

• Thread starter Moz Posse-West Hollywood
  • Start date
M

Moz Posse-West Hollywood

I just want to say thank you for leading me down the path to truth. I have been a huge Morrissey fan since 1991 (I hated the Smiths and had no interest in them). I had lived on the east coast and lived my life the same way I "thought" Morrissey lived his. I was sad, depressed, anti-social, hated the sun, hated being outside, hated sports, and read books all day. I had no friends but was close to my family. I had a good job and put my entire focus on my job because I thought that's what Morrissey does with his music. I took a job in Moz Angeles in 2018 and from Aztec's posts had a good feeling Morrissey still lived in LA even though all the jealous foreign people here said he doesn't live in LA anymore. After my first week I decided to try a classic "California thing".....hiking. I set out on a trail in Tuna Canyon one weekday I had off from work. I had to stop at a viewpoint to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Ocean. All of a sudden a guy who looked just like Morrissey, but way shorter and a heavy set bald guy walked up to enjoy the view too. I said you look just like Morrissey and he just smiled, and I said you are Morrissey. Anyway long story short, we talked about basketball, the Lakers, the Dodgers, his love of the beach and surfing (said he can't surf anymore because of his age), hiking...he really is California's Son. Also he was not talking with a fake British accent, but he still had that same low voice. I was so excited and I said "you sure are different than everyone thinks you are" He smiled again and the big bald guy whispered something to him and they walked away. I said "bye Morrissey!" and he just held his hand up and waived. I realized I had a wasted a large portion of my life thinking "everyone is horrid except for me" and not enjoying life in California like the true California Son.

I also want to thank the Moz Posse by taking me in and showing me where Morrissey's real childhood home was in LA.

I just want to say thank you for leading me down the path to truth. I have been a huge Morrissey fan since 1991 (I hated the Smiths and had no interest in them). I had lived on the east coast and lived my life the same way I "thought" Morrissey lived his. I was sad, depressed, anti-social, hated the sun, hated being outside, hated sports, and read books all day. I had no friends but was close to my family. I had a good job and put my entire focus on my job because I thought that's what Morrissey does with his music. I took a job in Moz Angeles in 2018 and from Aztec's posts had a good feeling Morrissey still lived in LA even though all the jealous foreign people here said he doesn't live in LA anymore. After my first week I decided to try a classic "California thing".....hiking. I set out on a trail in Tuna Canyon one weekday I had off from work. I had to stop at a viewpoint to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Ocean. All of a sudden a guy who looked just like Morrissey, but way shorter and a heavy set bald guy walked up to enjoy the view too. I said you look just like Morrissey and he just smiled, and I said you are Morrissey. Anyway long story short, we talked about basketball, the Lakers, the Dodgers, his love of the beach and surfing (said he can't surf anymore because of his age), hiking...he really is California's Son. Also he was not talking with a fake British accent, but he still had that same low voice. I was so excited and I said "you sure are different than everyone thinks you are" He smiled again and the big bald guy whispered something to him and they walked away. I said "bye Morrissey!" and he just held his hand up and waived. I realized I had a wasted a large portion of my life thinking "everyone is horrid except for me" and not enjoying life in California like the true California Son.

I also want to thank the Moz Posse by taking me in and showing me where Morrissey's real childhood home was in LA.
sounds like you had quite an epiphany. thanks for sharing. you and aztec bring so much to this board.

Uh, so late answer, but I really liked reading this- I'm kinda jealous myself hehe
Way cool that you got to see Morrissey!!!!
I really like being outside, and I guess I thought Morrissey didn't, I mean "spending warm summer days indoors"… well, that's not much to go off, but seems we all have that same idea… glad you shared this : ) though I wouldn't sacrifice my time outside because "Morrissey doesn't" like I thought, but I spend it listening to Morrissey and reading David Copperfield because I'm lonely outside and it's relaxing. Anyway I like to combine the two, it feels more like Morrissey than what I thought he was like. Again, thanks for sharing!!

Back
Top Bottom