That joke 7 inch with chicken

Try Morrissey madness - £750 - http://www.morrisseymadness.co.uk/test.htm

100_2867.jpg

I've never seen one actually made up into a 7" - but if you wanted to make one from the pressing, all you need to do is fold it and glue it... So, £750 for a made up one as well :)

Does your record look any different to the final released record?

Dave

Can anyone tell me what the value of my Smiths "That Joke..." 7 inch with a picture of a chicken on the back is? It is in near mint condition and is the original Rough Trade pressing.

I saw where the original unfolded artwork of this same chicken version is considered rare and is going for over 300 dollars but I can't seem to find this exact 7 inch anywhere online.

I think it must be ultra-rare.

Thanks for your help. :)

Travis

Stephane: You are wrong. I know this was released by Rough Trade. I purchased it in 1992 at Sister Ray records in London for 5 pounds. If someone had "created" it to fool a buyer, surely it would have been priced much higher. I just wanted to know how rare it is and the value, even though I never sell anything from my collection. The true value is in my love for the Smiths.

So, please keep your snide insinuations to yourself.

Travis

He was only trying to help; you're being a little defensive. Why not post pictures, then you can dispel all doubt?

Peter

Last edited:
Stephane: Actually, you were right. Sorry. Silly as it seems, after getting home and looking at the single I realized to my shock:eek: that I accidentally was remembering the image from Peepholism and thought my record looked like that. It doesn't. Hazard of old age and keeping the collection stored away in a dark closet to long. Please accept my sincerest apology for being rude to you and wasting your time. I have always held you in high esteem for your contributions and dedication to the Smiths legacy. Thank you.:)

Dave: Thanks for your response as well and sorry for wasting your time, too.

Uncleskinny: Thanks for keeping me in check. Good point.:thumb:

All others who read this and were confused, my apologies to you as well.

Must get more sleep.:confused:

Travis

I think Travis needs to re-register with a new user name... best to start afresh :thumb:

It's not a good move to pick a fight with the great Stephane in only your second post.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom