The best album cover of all time

A

Anonymously

Thelonious Monk - Monk's Music

R-2017725-1522575451-3519.jpeg.jpg

If you don't agree with me, then post what YOU think is the best album cover of all time!

A play on words, Fishmonkeyman were an indie band from Liverpool with a hilarious moniker, I see the name Monk and my mind takes me straight to that strange old name...check it out online.

Another great thread I can’t believe a) I didn’t think of & b) seems to have not gotten the response deserved.

I’d have to revisit many album sleeves, but off the top of my head I’d say..... Little Creatures by Talking Heads.

Again, it's all subjective, as Art (in all senses) often is.
However, the one that springs to mind straight away is Elton John's Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy.
ej.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one is Abbey Road - The Beatles, not because it's a great cover, but for how iconic it became.

btls.JPG

Another one is Abbey Road - The Beatles, not because it's a great cover, but for how iconic it became.

View attachment 65771
Well yes, if we’re getting into iconic covers rather than personal favourites, I’d have to go for ‘Nevermind’ by Nirvana.

Sorry, much of this is done on my phone & uploading photos whilst posting is such a f*** about. I’ll try later on to add the TH & Nirvana shots. Not that anyone can not know the Nirvana cover I reckon.

I doubt that would be allowed as a cover now, imagine the snowflakes seeing that on the shelves!!! HMV would need a ‘safe zone’.😖

Back
Top Bottom