The best selling UK vinyl singles in 2019: Morrissey at #11 and #30

Since the UK vinyl singles chart seems to be so important to Morrissey, here's a list of the best-selling singles (and albums) released last year. Wedding Bell Blues is at #11 and Lover-To-Be at #30. Plus there are even some other songs first released in 2019 here! Curiously though California Son is nowhere to be seen at the album #40 -- it might be because some real people might actually buy vinyl albums.

https://www.officialcharts.com/char...gest-vinyl-albums-and-singles-of-2019__28075/

is it because you love Morrissey and you wish you was Mike?
No, he just want's to know. Simple as that. He is living in the the same time as Morrissey and can clearly observe how vile, false, and fake Morrissey is. Must there always be sycophantic comments?
Clearly, many folk on here call out Morrissey. Of course the sycophants attribute those comments to Uncleskinny, I am not him and see him take insults with dignity. On many comments by myself. I am in my sixties and know what I'm on about, from the beginning of The Smiths.To now. I see the decline as Morrissey has become a whore to fame. Peter crack on. Those sycophants are a f***ing bunch of c***s, for sure.

No, he just want's to know. Simple as that. He is living in the the same time as Morrissey and can clearly observe how vile, false, and fake Morrissey is. Must there always be sycophantic comments?
Clearly, many folk on here call out Morrissey. Of course the sycophants attribute those comments to Uncleskinny, I am not him and see him take insults with dignity. On many comments by myself. I am in my sixties and know what I'm on about, from the beginning of The Smiths.To now. I see the decline as Morrissey has become a whore to fame. Peter crack on. Those sycophants are a f***ing bunch of c***s, for sure.

If whore to fame means saying things you know everyone disagrees with, wearing a crank party's pin & never talking to the press instead of hand-wringing about climate change, waving a rainbow flag & RTing Baby Yoda, yeah he's a total slut.

Last edited by a moderator:
The artists on the singles chart are a lot more interesting than those on the album chart.
Great to see that Moz with such minor releases can still sell as many as Bowie, Blur or New Order with some much wider known ones.
Right, let's not forget. No Radio Airplay, its impressive to the fact that if you didnt know Morrissey,you would not even know he had new music. So yes I agree

:rolleyes:

right, Skinny, you are modern day stoic philosopher:crazy:

the thing about "Peter crack on" Ill take as a freudian slip.:mask:

If whore to fame means saying things you know everyone disagrees with, wearing a crank party's pin & never talking to the press instead of hand-wringing about climate change, waving a rainbow flag & RTing baby Yoda, yeah he's a total slut.
All he does is pitched at becoming number 1.
He has no intellect
He is thick as two short planks.
He is awful at political songs, at face to face interviews, instead he captures interest in enormously daft photo shopped trickery these days.

All he does is pitched at becoming number 1.
He has no intellect
He is thick as two short planks.
He is awful at political songs, at face to face interviews, instead he captures interest in enormously daft photo shopped trickery these days.

He does nothing that would pitch himself at number one & truly creative people are always bad at explaining themselves.

Just to change the subject a little...... basically to go back towards the original post.

For information, for anyone who is reading, California Son reached Number 4 in the UK Album Sales Charts in 2019.

Hazard
x

The artists on the singles chart are a lot more interesting than those on the album chart.
Great to see that Moz with such minor releases can still sell as many as Bowie, Blur or New Order with some much wider known ones.

The Bowie, New Order and Blur singles are all songs originally released in the last millennium. A vinyl reissue of a seventies hit single is not exactly a major release either.

I am actually quite good!**

**side eyes PuppetParrot

Since you keep on talking about how Morrissey needs a pr person, I have to ask: Are you really serious? Do you really have any concept of how Morrissey sees himself? Any pr person, even the best one in the whole world, wouldn't have a chance of keeping his or her job for ten minutes. Morrissey is a man who goes through managers, tour managers, band mates, record companies and basically all people who are not yes men at an alarming rate. He prides himself on not taking advice, saying what he wants and making his art the way he wants to, which often leads to questionable decisions, but hey, that's Morrissey for you. He has severe problems with authority, with all authorities, so the chances of survival for a pr person, who tries to pipe in that perhaps comparing Anders Breivik to McDonald's or carnivores to pedophiles is not such a great idea, are as good as for a canary in a planet of coalmines.

Since you keep on talking about how Morrissey needs a pr person, I have to ask: Are you really serious? Do you really have any concept of how Morrissey sees himself? Any pr person, even the best one in the whole world, wouldn't have a chance of keeping his or her job for ten minutes. Morrissey is a man who goes through managers, tour managers, band mates, record companies and basically all people who are not yes men at an alarming rate. He prides himself on not taking advice, saying what he wants and making his art the way he wants to, which often leads to questionable decisions, but hey, that's Morrissey for you. He has severe problems with authority, with all authorities, so the chances of survival for a pr person, who tries to pipe in that perhaps comparing Anders Breivik to McDonald's or carnivores to pedophiles is not such a great idea, are as good as for a canary in a planet of coalmines.

Yes - I am. But, obviously I know he's difficult & actually a lot of it would be less about getting him to behave & more about getting the journalist to put him in a non-damaging context.

For instance - all his remarks about animal slaughter being akin to things like the holocaust come from Peter Singer's philosophy of animal liberation. So you make sure the hack knows the background instead of thinking Moz is hijacking a tragedy to insert his hobby horse.

But also - you make sure Moz knows that not everyone knows what he's been reading or why he's been reading it & sometimes it's better to preface your remarks with a bit of context. And then if he goes ahead anyway, at least he won't be shocked by the reaction (which I think he has been).

or you can quietly put a rumour around that there are mitigating factors... or if the hack likes you or you can offer them something else they want, they might be kind to your client... or you can get a few key people to say things in defence of your client (if you know there's nothing worse behind whatever they've said or done)... or you can persuade the client that they're SO busy it's best if you 'interpret' their words for them... or you can get them mad about something that you know it's safe for them to be mad about (omg Morrissey have you seen what they're doing to the BADGERS in MIDDLE-CLASS Somerset, the GOVERNMENT is KILLING them)... & of course, you're always amplifying things that improve your client's profile & undermining things that undermine it.

But - forby all that - I saw someone on Twitter use one of my arguments to defend Morrissey & it's that slow, stealth, relentless repositioning of him that I can do without him even knowing I exist.

Because I love his work & I don't care if he's a diva.

:sick::sick::sick: You are the sickliest, most spineless grovelling Morrissey suck arse on this site. Get a f***ing life!!! :rolleyes:

:confused:

WTF???
Very scary collector troll:mad:

nerd.jpg

OB86 if right though. Thewlis would agree with anything Morrissey said. And lord any old shit like selling 197 copies of his latest vinyl

you’re not far behind, either.

:frowning:

free wifi at the pub OB-KANOBEE??:grinning:
the little dweeb :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: would eat his wig if someone besides Jr, Missus and himself, actually bought one of his sucko vinyls.:clap:

CS done great, didn’t it, Thewlis and Tait! Not.
Just for your mongrel arses: I bought 3 copies xx

Top 20 vinyl selling albums of 2019.

1 - Liam Gallagher - Why Me? Why Not

2 - Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

3 - Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

4 - Queen - Greatest Hits

5 - The Beatles - Abbey Road

6 - Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To Hellish Extent

7 - Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon

8 - Oasis - Definitely Maybe

9 - Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

10 - David Bowie - Legacy

11 - Sam Fender – ‘Hypersonic Missiles’

12 - Oasis – What’s The Story Morning Glory?

13 - Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody OST

14 - Nirvana – Nevermind

15 - Motion Picture Cast Recording – The Greatest Showman

16 - Amy Winehouse – Back To Black

17 - Bruce Springsteen – Western Stars

18 - The Who – Who

19 - Coldplay – Everyday Life

20 - Original Soundtrack - Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix 1

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom