"The Boy With The Thorn..." demo 7" confirmed for Record Store Day - The Future Heart

Nikey posted the link (original post):

CONFIRMED RECORD STORE DAY 2017 RELEASES - The Future Heart

Excerpt:

Below is a list of every record due out April 22, 2017 (including some that will only be released in specific regions and some that may end up being released independent of RecordStoreDay.com’s campaign, and therefore will not appear on the organization’s list). The below items were combed together from numerous sources confirming their release, including announcements from various labels, statements direct from artists and online databases of distributors. Many releases are still to be announced. Follow twitter/TheFutureHeart and facebook/TheFutureHeart for updates.

Smiths, The – The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Rubber Ring [7 ”] (unreleased demo versions, new artwork featuring actor Albert Finney, limited to 5000, indie-retail exclusive)

39767_C57I-s-WcAAFyVz.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Ugh, I hate record store day. I guess I'll be buying it on ebay for $100. That Cure acoustic 12" seems interesting. I wish they would just release their MTV unplugged recordings though.

'Limited' to 5000 copies. Five. Thousand.

I won't be rushing off to Piccadilly Records and will probably pick one up from eBay later on.

Dave

I won't be rushing off to Piccadilly Records and will probably pick one up from eBay later on.

Dave

Limited, yes, but for how long?
Time is on your side.
When it sells well, maybe there will be another 5000 copies on sale due to public demand?
Cheers!

Love the way it's out of alphabetical order in the list, just to make you momentarily think they've pulled it....

Limited, yes, but for how long?
Time is on your side.
When it sells well, maybe there will be another 5000 copies on sale due to public demand?
Cheers!

While this may be possible, in all the years of RSD, I have only seen this happen to one limited release. And that was the REM unplugged from a few years ago.

Anybody else know of any others where this happened? It's important to note the difference between limited RSD releases and RSD releases that just have a debut on RSD but will be widely available afterwards.

Can someone please explain "indie-retail exclusive"? Is there a list of these exclusive retailers out there?

A Record Store Day participating store is defined as a physical retailer whose product line consists of at least 50% music whose company is not publicly owned.

In other words, we're dealing with real, live, physical, indie record stores - not online retailers or large corporations

While this may be possible, in all the years of RSD, I have only seen this happen to one limited release. And that was the REM unplugged from a few years ago.

Anybody else know of any others where this happened? It's important to note the difference between limited RSD releases and RSD releases that just have a debut on RSD but will be widely available afterwards.
Extra copies of Johnny Marr - I Feel You were put on sale on his website 2 years ago after they sold out on RSD and sold at inflated prices on eBay IIRC.

I'm desperate, but I'm not that desperate. Unheard tracks? If we're scraping the barrel that low what about all the unheard farts that were done in the studio? I want to hear them!

Morrissey's farts were better when he was in the Smiths - FACT. Johnny Marr's influence helped give them a plaintive, musical quality. They were farts you could hum.

Since hanging out with Jesse and Boz and drinking all the time, modern day Morrissey just goes for volume in the trouser trump department. Sure - all the Mozbots lap it up, like it's the best thing they've ever heard, but it's just not the same as the good old days. Some of us remember.

Dave

I seem to recall some of Weller's RSD releases being put on itunes shortly after for those that missed out or wanted audio only. Not sure if that will be the case here.

Anyone not already have these versions? G'wan.... satiate the need.

Anybody else just hear the demo version of 'The Boy....' on 6 Music?
On Steve Lamacq's programme - it should be available on the BBC iPlayer in about 40 minutes....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom