Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

Over the moon about Alain, but a bit bummed out that Matt and Mando are missing. Always felt that Mando was above and beyond Solomon. And replacing MW with Shakira's drummer feels weird.

brendan-buckley-hands-1.jpg

"Brendan Buckley is a freelance drummer based out of Los Angeles, CA. Over the course of his career, he has worked with the following artists: Perry Farrell, Shakira, Tegan And Sara, Miley Cyrus, Damien Rice, Shelby Lynne, Daniel Powter, Leighton Meester, Roberto Carlos, Minnie Driver, The BoDeans, Aleks Syntek, Leehom Wang, Beto Cuevas, Idina Menzel, Melissa Ethridge, Alejandra Guzman, Julio Iglesias, Emmanuel, Dallas Austin, Gustavo Santaolalla, Alejandro Sanz, Debi Nova, JJ Lin, Brie Larson, Ozomatli, Madame Recamier, DMX, Nil Lara, Chayanne, Jeff Chang, Michael Miller, Fulano De Tal, Gloria Estefan, and MIYAVI either as a drummer, percussionist, music producer, or songwriter. He grew up in Mount Arlington, NJ, and went to college at the University of Miami’s School of Music. Brendan is also a faculty member at Musician’s Institute in Hollywood, CA."

Main Twitter profile:

Regards,
FWD.

And that picture is NOT from 2004. I would say 1999 or so.

Personally I think Boz was doomed once Morrissey thought he had bought into the whole 'Coronaspiracy' stuff. Be nice to see Alain again though.

That’s interesting indeed! I kinda saw Boz being out for now on account of travel restrictions but not the other two guys.

1999 I believe it was.
Images from that shoot were used in 2015 (why?) for Arena Homme+.
Not sure where Central's date comes from (much like the Cosmic Dancer mis-dating - I suspect they're not sure either).
Regards,
FWD.

Edit: See Joe Frady's images that relate to this below.

B0j0Pn_CIAE9Dcj~2.jpg

1999 indeed. Only the 5 years out, so not too bad for the Moz 'Archivist' ;)

Morrissey Las Vegas Linder 1999.jpg

Morrissey Las Vegas Linder 1999 (i).jpg

Morrissey Las Vegas Linder 1999 (ii).jpg

But at least it's a 'new' one. To me, anyway.

1999 I believe it was.
Images from that shoot were used in 2015 (why?) for Arena Homme+.
Not sure where Central's date comes from (much like the Cosmic Dancer mis-dating - I suspect they're not sure either).
Regards,
FWD.

View attachment 74345View attachment 74344View attachment 74343View attachment 74342

Quite. í have no idea where they store all these unused images, or how they file them, but it is the way it is.

Couldn't they just call Linder to check..?

Strange about Matt of being on drums. Don’t know if this will be permanent though as why announce it as for the next five shows etc. hope everyone going is happy to see Alain again

But why this announcement?
The only folks interested as far as I know are here at solo. Is it a selling point that Alain is back?

It’s gonna be interesting all around, and can’t wait to hear some new songs.

Hope people get some decent
YouTube vids up. :pray:

Also, can’t wait to hear if M says anything about Alain in the form of band member introduction during the show.

Last edited:
Yes Tony. Correct.
Pray for Boz. Maybe? Just maybe ?

Why pray for Boz? He seems happy
where he is and in what he’s doing.

He’s been on the Moz train long enough, and is most likely relieved that he’s (temporarily?) off it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom