Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

I believe he literally did just this in the last interview, the one with Simon Armitage a couple of weeks ago. You can go back and listen for yourself on the BBC website.

(n)
the fact that the little twat is even saying Moz having a 'blind spot' is out of line. Nobody in the press was interested in the lawnmowers so that is a shot lobbed at Moz👊

and he continues to talk all high and mighty, dumb:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, opening for a sucko group the Killers, at 60 yrs old. he needs to accept he is a lawnmower:hammer:

Wonder how many of the guys thought it was just to early to play a show due to COVID. I could see boz thinking this but I don’t know what the other guys think of the situation

yes, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jesse will be wearing a mask, which is fine. Though he may be one of those boneheads that think they don’t need to because they’re vaccinated.

very interesting indeed. how will it work with two guitarists that are both considered 'leads' and neither who are really a 'rhythm' guitarist? will be very interesting to see who is playing the leads/solos and who will be relegated to the background....
Keith Richards plays mostly rhythm and he isn't relegated to the background.

Keith Richards plays mostly rhythm and he isn't relegated to the background.
There’s a massive difference between Keith Richards and Alain Whyte/BozTobias and even Marr. Richards effectively Is the Rolling Stones, or certainly identified as a big part of it. The above, Marr apart, are playing the numbers game.

1st shared in 2018:

FWD.

But Jesse enjoys Morrissey’s grace and protection’ he can’t do wrong.
Look hos often they are seen hanging out together.
Lackey on the payroll.

I do not dislike Jesse as much as others do on here, I think he is a good enough guitar player and his songwriting has improved, and as someone who has no interest in going to a gig again, it doesn't bother me who is on lead/rhythm etc. However, these revelations that he has been so rude and vile to Alain/Johnny is just disappointing. This does make me think Morrissey would do well to move him along.

Anyone got Lil Barrie's number?
Yes, Matt Johnson.

Mando and Matt out at the moment doesn't mean they're out for good, does it?
But we can hope. Mando is a very clinical player, little nuance, zero style. And Matt is a hi-hat-kick–snare merchant. OK for a straight forward rock sound - YOR - but his playing on the last couple of albums is hardly inspired. He's too grounded in American alternative music soundstage to offer anything new or surprising. Listen to his playing on the HW Bowl DVD - he's a crash and wallop merchant and little more.

So is Bruce Springsteen and Ron Meal , they both look younger than M .
Im not having a go at hm. His face is as mean as the alcohol has been

I don't know whether Morrissey has ever been a heavy drinker or not, but I guess after being diagnosed with Barret's esophagus (a precancerous condition) his doctors probably recommended avoiding alcohol altogether, since it increases esophageal cancer risk.

Some people look older than others the same age, and that can be related to emotional problems such as depression, anger, anxiety, the death of a loved one... and also to a physical problem such as a chronic illness.

As we know, Moz has been through a lot, emotionally and physically.

Anyways, all that matters to me is the fact that Morrissey is a seasoned and mind-blowingly interesting artist.

And I love the whole lot of him. 💓:)

I wonder how Alain's going to react to discovering that Morrissey chooses how to dress the band these days, and he'll have to wear a T-shirt with some dumb slogan on it? Times have changed since he was last in the band - no space to be an individual now.
When Alain plays the Texan again and appears in a fringed waistcoat, Morrissey can wear the tight green polyester trousers and put on a mullet. It's your favourite rockabilly gang from 91/92 only older and more mature (the american way).
Alternatively, Morrissey could mutate completely into Liberace 60+ and Alain would go as a chauffeur. Both should be possible in Vegas and in no way irritating.

Last edited:
Apparently Boz is in Portugal recording a new Solo album via Boz’s Instagram page.

Good point. Bruce was born in 1949, Mael 1945. Whenever I think of Springsteen, I always add 10 years and think this is where Morrissey should be in his career, example: Born to Run 1975, Morrissey 1985 Meat is Murder. Bottom line: Morrissey looks much older than his age, where he used to look great/younger than his age.
Mael's face & hair were born in 2017 though

For your information, those trousers are from the Peter Dinklage collection, and they're fabulous.
It's called fashion, sweaty. Look it up.
:handpointup:
thats the way 'virgin' dudes talk to each other🧑‍🦲
they can talk about 'sweaty dinklage fashionable pantalooons all day :hammer:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom