Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

Is there really no escape from Jesse freakin’ Tobias?
Holy smokes, that guy is hanging on to the gig with a death grip.

Enough with Jesse Tobias already.

I like Boz Boorer but I can't help but think having Alain back in the gang and Boz out, at least for now will probably make space for a healthy reentry for Alain. Boz has been there long enough and Alain has been out for way too long. I didn't think Solomon would get back in there either, especially with his brother out on drums. They are brothers aren't they or have I got that wrong? I like Solomon's playing and he smashes it on YOR. What a strange on stage cross breed of line ups we're going to see soon. All we need now is Stephen Street producing the next album that Alain Whyte is co writing on and we can all die happy. On a side note it may be time for Tobias to take a break too, not that I'm a Jesse hater but, you know?

Last edited:
I am so happy for Alain and to have him back with Moz! Alain was talking about another solo release last year, I wonder if it's been scrapped at this point. Not a huge loss if we get a Morrissey album in exchange.

Pretty funny how Craig Gannon has now joined 2 recent projects that dissolved before they could start in Alain's band and Classically Smiths

The thing is Alain and Jessie play the same role for Morrissey , but Boz had a different role with different instruments...which one of these guys will try to do what Boz does(flutes,rhythm,banjo,and other little instruments). Or will songs be adjusted for 2 lead guitars. Lots of questions will be answered in less than 45 days. New songs possibly?.
Will the delta variant play a role, new merchandise, small venue but beautiful, Vegas,what about the drummer how will that be, does it mean new Playlist different than last tour, and do we call this The Bonfire tour .
MOZ FANS, YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS ONE OF THESE 5 SHOWS..

Anyone else rather hear the studio versions of the new songs first, rather than hearing them live first?

I don't see why. There are daily British Airways flights landing in Boston, NYC and L.A. If there's a problem with Boz getting here due to travel restrictions, why not Morrissey, who as recently as a week ago was watching football in Manc.
Because Morrissey is a resident in the US so is able to travel into the US from the UK.
UK residents can't fly in at the moment

Because Morrissey is a resident in the US so is able to travel into the US from the UK.
UK residents can't fly in at the moment
Hmmm. Are you sure about that? His LA place was sold a good sixteen years ago.

If he has a residency green card he doesn't have to own a home.
Doesnt he stay in that hotel on Sunset Blvd?
As long as he isn't out of the US for a period longer than 6 months it remains valid and allows entry.

Glad Alain returned...not suprised about Boz not in the band, on the last released album no song from Him [IANADOAC]...realy sad about Matt and Mando...Very exited to hear some clips you good people make in Vegas.

I reckon stop. Stop the delusional jealous psychopath Anti-American terrorist rants. I reckon there ARE OTHER houses in LA he could of moved to. California Son (get it?"CALIFORNIA") has lived in 5 different houses in LA since he moved back home to his hometown LA for good in 1987 and since he was born in LA that means he is an American citizen, not like your other American idol John Lydon who is a naturalized US citizen. He lives in Malibu which is his last house he will buy. He also has his plot at Hollywood Forever (catching on loonie?) We all get you are angry and feel duped because of all the cold rainy day, Liverchester Weeds Beach Mouth, depressed, working in a factory, hate the sun bullshit he has fed you for 35 years, but you are f***ing scary dude fark arse chipper curry wacker off inn nn nn nn nnn nn nn n nnn n it.

Extra verse:

No Jesse face gesticulation, no grimace of castration.
No crap guitar play, his way, car crash motorway pileup.
I spent the day in bed.
Waiting for him to go away.
Ha! And if only. The face gurning - enough already - for each solo our man Jesse looks like he is having a particularly challenging bowel movement. It has to stop.

Is there really no escape from Jesse freakin’ Tobias?
Holy smokes, that guy is hanging on to the gig with a death grip.

Enough with Jesse Tobias already.
Amen brother. Amen. There is nothing good about Tobias: The playing, the face gurning ... what Moz sees in him is beyond me ...

I reckon stop. Stop the delusional jealous psychopath Anti-American terrorist rants. I reckon there ARE OTHER houses in LA he could of moved to. California Son (get it?"CALIFORNIA") has lived in 5 different houses in LA since he moved back home to his hometown LA for good in 1987 and since he was born in LA that means he is an American citizen, not like your other American idol John Lydon who is a naturalized US citizen. He lives in Malibu which is his last house he will buy. He also has his plot at Hollywood Forever (catching on loonie?) We all get you are angry and feel duped because of all the cold rainy day, Liverchester Weeds Beach Mouth, depressed, working in a factory, hate the sun bullshit he has fed you for 35 years, but you are f***ing scary dude fark arse chipper curry wacker off inn nn nn nn nnn nn nn n nnn n it.
Under no circumstances ever quote or respond to me on this site again, you absolute danger.

But why this announcement?
The only folks interested as far as I know are here at solo. Is it a selling point that Alain is back?

It’s gonna be interesting all around, and can’t wait to hear some new songs.

Hope people get some decent
YouTube vids up. :pray:

Also, can’t wait to hear if M says anything about Alain in the form of band member introduction during the show.
But isn't it just nice to for once give some spotlight to his band too? Morrissey doesn't always do that.

Possibly '97. It is all about the sideburns and lack of gray hair.
I see what you mean, but it’s been confirmed that it’s from 1999.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom