Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

He's insulted Alain and Johnny online. A bit embarrassing from a man who'll be second fiddle to them both forever and a day, and knows it.
Sweet justice.
Jesse is such a low life. Look at how bad M lost it from 2oo8 to 2014- including the very dangerous part around 2012 to 2015, He was a state, a lot of that was Jesse's influence.

Jesse also is good friends, with rent-an-arse Danny from Leath Amounts...Word on the street is Jesse was trying to hook Danny up with M.. So they could make money. Jesse even got him a job as security at one of the gigs , luckily as dull as M's senses have become he still saw through Danny he got rid of him, after one night
Jesse still tries and brings him along to the odd thing, check That Romaones tribute at Hollywood Forever. More proof of how low Danny is, he did a NY Dolls night with Sylvian. They left Sylvian to get wasted so they could get as much money as they could. All the while trying to spread around LA that M was gonna make an appearance- I wasn't there but I heard this from a load of LA friends . He tried to sue a lady for using an image he never created, getting people to work for him and not paying them, Doing scam charity go fund me pages. Its a problem.

I have never had an issue with Jesse and think some of his songs of late have been brilliant, River Clean being a modern M classic but I have heard so many stories from so many people. Sleeping with 21 years old M fans, being violent and so on . I have never really found him to be straight up.
Thank god, Alain is back . Be nice if the band became less Mexcian in flavour. That whole scene is so old now.

But why this announcement?
The only folks interested as far as I know are here at solo. Is it a selling point that Alain is back?
Probably not, but musicians are quite often a bit megalomaniac and they want to be named.
And Morrissey has already a long experience with musicians. Probably the announcement is just to please them... Which is ok.

Glad Alain returned...not suprised about Boz not in the band, on the last released album no song from Him [IANADOAC]...realy sad about Matt and Mando...Very exited to hear some clips you good people make in Vegas.
Mando and Matt out at the moment doesn't mean they're out for good, does it?

I like Boz Boorer but I can't help but think having Alain back in the gang and Boz out, at least for now will probably make space for a healthy reentry for Alain. Boz has been there long enough and Alain has been out for way too long. I didn't think Solomon would get back in there either, especially with his brother out on drums. They are brothers aren't they or have I got that wrong? I like Solomon's playing and he smashes it on YOR. What a strange on stage cross breed of line ups we're going to see soon. All we need now is Stephen Street producing the next album that Alain Whyte is co writing on and we can all die happy. On a side note it may be time for Tobias to take a break too, not that I'm a Jesse hater but, you know?
It's nearly like YES doing the UNION tour in 1991. Andrew Paresi as second drummer would have been fun.

Although I'd also like it to, there really is absolutely zero chance of this happening. 10 years ago, yes - Morrissey hadn't started championing the far right and Marr's solo career was virtually non-existent, and he was floating around as an extra member of various not-very-good indie bands. But he's now done so well by himself (and Morrissey's lost so many fans) that his last album was a much bigger commercial and critical success than Morrissey's (in the UK at least) and his songs were even played more on the radio.
The politics of the far right are absolute anathema to someone like Marr, and to most people in the so-called 'indie' world and, arguably, most decent people, generally. Marr hates Farage, UKIP, For Britain etc. - not only does Morrissey not hate them, he's gone out of his way to endorse or defend them.
A reluctance to work with Morrissey these days is nothing to do with Marr's ego. He probably feels that Morrissey's views are now repugnant, and Marr would be tainted if he had anything to do with him.
Of course, we all know that Morrissey isn't a genuine and consistent far-right supporter - he's just completely muddled when it comes to politics. But his support/encouragement/defence of Farage, Waters, Robinson etc. just looks awful.
I don't think Johnny feels his views are repugnant. I think its more of an image thing. He was out with Bernard from New Order once and they were saying how "Toxic" M has become so its more they don't want to have guilt by association, than actually hating his views.

I think if you spoke to a lot of British indie people, you would find lots probably have far worse opinions than M. It's just M shouts his gob off.
When you say , it "looks awful", you mean to the lefty British press and the left USA lefty media. It doesn't look awful to anyone else.
I think you will find when the dust settles, M will come out looking far better than the silent cowards who said the right things while their country burned.
The main, and prob ONLY. truly right-wing ideals M hold are immigration and British culture but that has always been conservative. The only reason the rest of his ideas would seem right-wing would be because the left-wing has gone further left.
In many ways. M was 80s "woke" but culture has caught up with him and gone further .. Lots are now vegan and we now have more than 4 genders. Personally, I would agree culture has now gone way too far . Hes right about immigration well.

I used to believe what the press said about Farage but I was wrong. Nigel is actually, not as bad as I thought. He was correct about the rubber boats coming over to England illegally,he actually saved the lives of two illegals drowning.
Farage was also right about the number of hotels in England that are given over to illegals. So, they get hotels while actual Brits go homeless. Its a scandal. Regarding For Britain, as I think you know, the only reason M supports them is for Immigration and animal rights. He doesn't hate all Muslims. He dislikes extreme Muslims trying to make their own laws in the UK . And prob isn't happy that the government and local councils look the other way . Whats the harm in this you say? Women being treated like crap. most often young white women.
As for Tommy, he's not racist, he's chancer - but so are lots in politics M didn't show him any support beyond saying it seems he is being treated unfairly. A view , even some on the left agree with.

At least this is my opinion

I just posted my opinion, you act if it was in the news, and go about a thing I even hadn't written about, but it happened more, and I realy respect you, you come a long time here, so... that's why I asked.

I don't think Johnny feels his views are repugnant. I think its more of an image thing. He was out with Bernard from New Order once and they were saying how "Toxic" M has become so its more they don't want to have guilt by association, than actually hating his views.

I think if you spoke to a lot of British indie people, you would find lots probably have far worse opinions than M. It's just M shouts his gob off.
When you say , it "looks awful", you mean to the lefty British press and the left USA lefty media. It doesn't look awful to anyone else.
I think you will find when the dust settles, M will come out looking far better than the silent cowards who said the right things while their country burned.
The main, and prob ONLY. truly right-wing ideals M hold are immigration and British culture but that has always been conservative. The only reason the rest of his ideas would seem right-wing would be because the left-wing has gone further left.
In many ways. M was 80s "woke" but culture has caught up with him and gone further .. Lots are now vegan and we now have more than 4 genders. Personally, I would agree culture has now gone way too far . Hes right about immigration well.

I used to believe what the press said about Farage but I was wrong. Nigel is actually, not as bad as I thought. He was correct about the rubber boats coming over to England illegally,he actually saved the lives of two illegals drowning.
Farage was also right about the number of hotels in England that are given over to illegals. So, they get hotels while actual Brits go homeless. Its a scandal. Regarding For Britain, as I think you know, the only reason M supports them is for Immigration and animal rights. He doesn't hate all Muslims. He dislikes extreme Muslims trying to make their own laws in the UK . And prob isn't happy that the government and local councils look the other way . Whats the harm in this you say? Women being treated like crap. most often young white women.
As for Tommy, he's not racist, he's chancer - but so are lots in politics M didn't show him any support beyond saying it seems he is being treated unfairly. A view , even some on the left agree with.

At least this is my opinion
Rubber boats arriving is not illegal….no brit is losing out to immigrants. farage and your whaffle is wrong on all accounts so please dont spread right wing lies.

I just posted my opinion, you act if it was in the news, and go about a thing I even hadn't written about, but it happened more, and I realy respect you, you come a long time here, so... that's why I asked.
All I did was ask you a question, because I genuinely wanted to hear your opinion on it. I think you may have misinterpreted me.

I'll ask again. Do you think they are out for good?

It's nearly like YES doing the UNION tour in 1991. Andrew Paresi as second drummer would have been fun.
I've secretly been hoping for a band shake up in the Moz camp and it sounds like he's been hoping for one too by the sounds of that recent interview.

All I did was ask you a question, because I genuinely wanted to hear your opinion on it. I think you may have misinterpreted me.

I'll ask again. Do you think they are out for good?
Who saw that meltdown coming? :D

Maybe this helps to clear the date thing up on the cover photo. This photo is from 1999 after Alain canceled the Vegas show because of his back. Irony that I am throwing Alain under the bus here and that this shot was taken in HMV records in Caesar's Palace of all places. Irony abounds Alanis! The only thing missing in the necklace which might have been worn for the photos only. The outfit is the same and the "Hector" belt is around his waist.
Is that Ally M in the picture ?

I've always been slightly curious regarding this 'musical director' role regarding Boz - it sounds like such an inflated title. Most bands don't seem to need one - learning the songs on the set list and making sure they all sound tight and are playing in the same key etc is just what bands do anyway. There was no mention of this role until after Alain was booted out the first time. It's very strange.
Hello Alain..lovely to see you

Yes some of us are but I don't actually want to hear about it on a thread about Alain Whyte returning to the line up for Morrissey. We can have that conversation on another thread but not on this one and not on my watch. I need some good news and I'm going to enjoy it.

See other guy. Responding.

I wonder how Alain's going to react to discovering that Morrissey chooses how to dress the band these days, and he'll have to wear a T-shirt with some dumb slogan on it? Times have changed since he was last in the band - no space to be an individual now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom