Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

It's interesting that Alain is back in the fold, but I can't quite get as nostalgic for the 90s as some do. Throughout that whole era the constant call was for Morrissey to work with new musicians - or, perhaps more specifically, for him to go back to working with old musicians - and it's a little ironic that the period is now romanticized so much. Obviously there were high points such as Your Arsenal and Vauxhall and I, but the two albums that followed played a big part in nearly killing his career stone dead.

I don't mind him working with a variety of people though, and I think one of the strongest recent songs musically was What Kind of People Live in These Houses? I'm sure most people are aware that that was recorded with an almost completely new band.
For all we know Alain is only playing the 5 dates since Vegas isn’t far from Los Angeles county and is only a business move and transaction, for him.

Also to answer your question about Morrissey working with new musicians fans wanted him to play with more capable musicians not ones that were less capable ahem Jesse Tobias, and unfortunately he played with less talented musicians which you can tell in the quality in the music, which is why fans would clamor to having Alain return as his past work is superior to anything Morrissey has done with his new collaborator.

Isn’t it too early to conclude that Boz has retired from the band for good? There are only 5 shows scheduled this year and travel restrictions are not playing in Boz’s favour.
But even if Boz has left, I don’t think he is on bad terms with Morrissey. He really had a good run with Morrissey for 30 years, that must mean something to both of them. No drama.

WE GOTTA SET BOZ FREE!!!

:rock: :guitar::cool:

If the stories about Alain's departure are true, it's difficult to feel any respect for him. He seems like a top bloke, and he co-wrote a lot of songs that I've loved for more than 25 years, but, to return and work for Morrissey in these circumstances seems horribly undignified. He should be ashamed.
Eh, what do you expect? No one across the entire operation has any dignity left. A man who once had a peerless aesthetic is now essentially too embarrassing to look at. All you can do is hope for the best and maybe we’ll get a halfway-decent album or some refreshed live shows out of this “new” arrangement.

The hatred for Jesse around here seems completely absurd and deranged to me. What are all of your problems with him? I love a lot of the songs he co-wrote. You all speak as if he did you some sort of personal harm.

Honestly I had no interest in seeing these shows and now that Alain will be there I feel like I'm missing out on something. It's still a very compromised situation but it could potentially make for some very interesting setlists.

Well, one message from FWD suggests this might indeed be the case. But the reason is not that he left because of Morrissey’s political views. Boz never seemed too bothered.
For context, my own 'edging towards retirement' comment was countered by myself in the same sentence it came from.
It was based on seeing him become increasingly more interested in Portugal over the last 18 months.
He's 59 - not exactly rocking chair material yet though?
Lyn made her cryptic comment that some here read negatively in to on February 9, 2021:

Screenshot_20210722-025353~2.png

Subsequent to that, she posted this on May 16, 2021:

Screenshot_20210722-030002~2.png

Which kind of put paid to the 'good run' comment.
This was just after the point the Israel gigs had been 'postponed' and a live broadcast gig was being suggested for mid-June. There's no real indication that it relates to that, but the image is a bit odd to use for some Portuguese R'n'R recordings perhaps?
It will all slowly become clearer...hopefully.
Regards,
FWD.

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

View attachment 74338

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.
Welcome back, Alain!! I can’t wait to see the new* lineup live!! Good news for a change 😉

The hatred for Jesse around here seems completely absurd and deranged to me. What are all of your problems with him? I love a lot of the songs he co-wrote. You all speak as if he did you some sort of personal harm.
We don’t hate him as a person the critique is his guitar plying and honestly a lot of people think he’s a sub par guitar player and music collaborator. It’s not hate, people out there feel it’s hate because unfortunately the truth hurts and the truth is Jesse really isn’t that good.

That goes for a lot of people. Morrissey and Marr, especially. The abuse directed at those two is completely deranged.

For context, my own 'edging towards retirement' comment was countered by myself in the same sentence it came from.
It was based on seeing him become increasingly more interested in Portugal over the last 18 months.
He's 59 - not exactly rocking chair material yet though?
Lyn made her cryptic comment that some here read negatively in to on February 9, 2021:

View attachment 74430
Subsequent to that, she posted this on May 16, 2021:

View attachment 74432

Which kind of put paid to the 'good run' comment.
This was just after the point the Israel gigs had been 'postponed' and a live broadcast gig was being suggested for mid-June. There's no real indication that it relates to that, but the image is a bit odd to use for some Portuguese R'n'R recordings perhaps?
It will all slowly become clearer...hopefully.
Regards,
FWD.
I am not jumping to any definite conclusions, but the idea that it was Boz’s choice to retire from the band - temporarily or permanently - is more convincing to me than the idea that he was given the boot by Morrissey. Time will tell what will happen next.

It's not going to get any clearer. Will it ? No one here really believes, that Morrissey will truthfully answer this question in a question/answer game with his nephew. "Good old Boz, actually he had a life sentence but he deserves to devote himself to his new solo projects". Alain would love to have the old gang back. And completely, if possible. At least here, he was very direct. Boorer's Facebook posts are indeed ambiguous to interpret. Believe me, we won't know, just like we didn't find out 100% why Alain didn't want to be part of the active band anymore in 2004.

Last edited:
Please M Tell us what happened with Boz, we all love him and need to know something else, Moz please, you will see how M shares information, he always listens to me, I'm sure, oh come on, Moz dear,.Tu admiradora argentina!!!!!! ;) :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Boz is very versatile, who was the one who spent the longest time with Moz, Boz, they love each other, there are no fights between them, these are difficult times, I think Boz will return, who can play as many instruments as Boz? I want Boz and Alain. Moz please tell us a little more!!!!

BTW, the Morrissey pic fronting this thread could be taken from a fictional & experimental Kennteh Anger film named "Lucifer in Santa Monica".

He looks really strange
BTW, the Morrissey pic fronting this thread could be taken from a fictional & experimental Kennteh Anger film named "Lucifer in Santa Monica".

It's a really strange picture - he reminds me of Jon Voight! Can't say I've ever noticed that resemblance before.

totally agree,its like a national sport on here with jesse,responsible for some very good songs.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom