The Church

Hey,

Great choices from a great band. Thanks for replying. Have you ever seen them live?
I haven't. I only just got into them last year. I had heard "Under The Milky Way" for a lot of years (who hasn't) and then I finally decided to buy a few albums.

I got into them again after a friend of mine worked for eMusic and gave me like 1500 free downloads. eMusic has a huge selection of Church albums. I was blown away after not buying anything of theirs for years (since Gold Afternoon Fix) how bloody good Forget Yourself, Uninvited and After Everything were. Awesome, awesome band.

Nice! Guess I'll have to mosey on over to emusic and search out the Church's back catalog. (I've made it over to your thread on the Church, Mozzy1!)

Mozzy1-
Sellersville is a beautiful venue. I sat half way back just off center behind the center aisle, though i don't think there's a bad seat in the house. Hopefully, if and when the band tours the US, they'll play there again. They seemed to enjoy its ambience. There's a boot of that show floating around, really good quality though a bit bass heavy, recorded from up front...

The Church, like Moz, aren't known for their videos. For the most part they're always performance videos in varying locations...not all mind you, but sounds like someone else we know. The Goldfish compilation has it covered up through GAF, i believe.

ahh, you shouldn't of asked. I think the video is a bit of crap.

Hey,

I re-listened to this song twice last night while trying to sleep. I love how it all stems together w/ the analogie spoken.

I am in agreement w/ you about the video. Maybe though, that's b/c I didn't really understand what it was all about. lol Call me stupid but, at least I'm honest & I'm sure others didn't understand it either. Lol

I haven't. I only just got into them last year. I had heard "Under The Milky Way" for a lot of years (who hasn't) and then I finally decided to buy a few albums.

I've been a fan of theirs since the 80's. 2 nights ago, I went online & printed the official lists of their solo-projects/compilations/EPs/LPs. Finally, I had time to analyze my collection. It amazes me how many works this band has. I have a lot of work to do to complete my collection but, for their LPs, I'm only 5 away from completion!

Nice! Guess I'll have to mosey on over to emusic and search out the Church's back catalog. (I've made it over to your thread on the Church, Mozzy1!)

Welcome then! I hope you enjoy them. I have been talking to a few people that went w/ me & that I know who went to the Sellersville, PA show on Aug. 11, 2006. I hope the band comes back there or somewhere else intimate too. Maybe we can send a letter to ask if they'll cooperatively come to this venue.

My other suggestions: Keswick Theater (Glenside, PA); Trocadero (Philly, PA); Scottish Rite Auditorium (Collingswood, NJ); Broadway Theater (Pitman, NJ), etc....

The more intimate, the better!

Mozzy1-
Sellersville is a beautiful venue. I sat half way back just off center behind the center aisle, though i don't think there's a bad seat in the house. Hopefully, if and when the band tours the US, they'll play there again. They seemed to enjoy its ambience. There's a boot of that show floating around, really good quality though a bit bass heavy, recorded from up front...

The Church, like Moz, aren't known for their videos. For the most part they're always performance videos in varying locations...not all mind you, but sounds like someone else we know. The Goldfish compilation has it covered up through GAF, i believe.

You're so right about the ambiance & intimacy of this place. Do you live in that town? Have you been there when the Smithereens played? What other bands have you seen there? Just asking.

I will admit though, I love the video for Tantalized....:) Can't beat the Love Express ride!

I've only ever heard Under The Milky Way.

But what a song. I was utterly obsessed with it.

Maybe I should investigate further.

Hi,

Go for it, you're in for a real treat. Check out there catalogues for back material. Totally underrated (hence, why I posted this thread initially)... Cheers.

Hi,

Here's a partial part of information I recently received concerning the band's new albums! I'm SO hoping they do a world tour & come back to either Sellersville, the Troc, Keswick Theater, Scottish Rite in Collingswood, NJ, etc....Good luck to them!!! :)

A NEW ALBUM, TOUR AND MORE UNORTHODOX RELEASES .:: 25/01/2009 ::. by Moderator.
The church Press Release, February 2009

the church return in 2009 with a new album, a soundtrack, 2 EP’s on their own label and selected dates on the East coast.

In January the band released the “Shriek: Excerpts From The Soundtrack” on their own Unorthodox Records in partnership with Wyrm publishing and noted American science fiction writer Jeff VanderMeer. In February the band release “The Coffee Hounds EP”. Exclusive vocal and instrumental versions of “The Coffee Song” as well as taking on the Kate Bush classic “Hounds Of Love”.

Unorthodox Records will release the new album “Untitled #23” through MGM in March to coincide with Australian dates. The album will feature 10 tracks of thoughtful simplistic epics, unusual in its ability to be simultaneously dark and accessible. An irresistibly melodic album, dense, psychedelic, yet emotive and personal. Set in a lush soundscape carved out of another world, the band has succeeded in creating a listenable work of art, meshing guitars and rhythms into a sonic journey of intrigue and understanding. They will also release the 4 Track “Pangaea EP” that will include 3 tracks not on the album including “So Love May Find Us” a musical exploration in a heavenly, engaging 15 minutes of bliss.

"So Love May Find Us" Tour Special Guests: ASTREETLIGHTSONG.

March 6th Regional Vic (TBC)
March 7th East Brunswick Club Melbourne VIC
March 8th Theatre Royal Castlemaine VIC
March 9th Golden Plains Festival Meredith VIC
March 13th Regional Qld (TBC)
March 14th The Zoo, Brisbane QLD
March 15th The Factory Theatre, Sydney NSW

Contact Tiare Helberg for more information on release dates and promos: [email protected]

http://merch.thechurchband.com

snowfallsoon:sweet: gave me a double Indie compilation CD for Xmas and the above song was on it..... I can't stop playing it on the CD and in my head:)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Under the Milky Way is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE songs :sweet:

Yipes. That's like someone saying the only Smiths song they know is How Soon is Now! Shame on you both. SHAME.

So, what does everyone think?

A world tour? (based upon the information I posted regarding new releases above)

Thanks for the update Mozzy1. This'll be another good year for church music. I'm hoping for a Keswick stop this tour...and no, i live a bit south of Sellersville in PA though.

Thanks for the update Mozzy1. This'll be another good year for church music. I'm hoping for a Keswick stop this tour...and no, i live a bit south of Sellersville in PA though.

Hi,

Ok...question for you....what do you like better for gigs?

Keswick or Sellersville? Do you like the Troc? I love it there but, if I had to chose for The Church to come back, I'd say Sellersville...more intimate. I had great memories & times that night (8/11/06).

Tags
nobody's going to pm you you again?
Back
Top Bottom