The dreadful state of UK ticket sales

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

Fact is Paris is sold out. How about putting that on the main page?
Fact is we don’t know how many tickets have been sold for Leeds and London as shown in my quotes from the ‘article’.
So why spread lies and rumours and not facts?
Sickening.

FACT: paris has not sold out.
FACT: Ticketmaster has obliging provided a bookable system on it'ss website that identifies each seat, each area. GFV provided this information. You failed to view it.
FACT: You can see the 13 sections that have been blocked. You can see the seating areas has about 1,000 approx tickets to sell and resales 6 at last count and clicking on standing you can see that tickets are still for sale.
FACT: previously Morrissey would have sold this venue out much quicker.

People are forgetting Moz only got back into mass popularity after 2004 with You are the Quarry. In 95, he was playing small venues around the country, similar to gigs the Smiths played. The bookers should have gone for smaller venues...stadium gigs are mostly bollocks anyway.

And again, as I predicted, those defenders of free-speech and staunch defenders of bigotry are piling in here marking down posts because they DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE THEM.

Hurrah for free speech! Except when I don't like what you're saying.

These defenders, those that are left, are blind to facts, Trumpian in their outlo0k and utter cowards who cannot revoke their logically indefensible stance.

You're completely wrong there, f***wit. Morrissey's official, unambiguous support for the For Britain party was announced on April 20th 2018.
www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/i-ve-been-dreaming-of-a-time-when-the-english-are-sick-to-death-of-labour-and-tories
The UK tour had ended over a month before on March 10th. I await your apology. He went on to back up his support for this far-right political group by wearing their emblem (a pin) at concerts and on a national TV show. I (and seemingly tens of thousands of others) refuse to attend his concerts again, unless/until he clearly and unambiguously retracts his support.

f*** the liberal toerags. f*** them. Moz is bang on the pulse of the British political climate. Why do you think Labour were trounced in the last election?

:crazy:

what does the dumb cartoon have to do with temperature of boiling water FFS:lbf:

And again, as I predicted, those defenders of free-speech and staunch defenders of bigotry are piling in here marking down posts because they DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE THEM.

These defenders, those that are left, are blind to facts, Trumpian in their outlo0k and utter cowards who cannot revoke their logically indefensible stance.

You obsessive sad f***tard. Just go.

People are forgetting Moz only got back into mass popularity after 2004 with You are the Quarry. In 95, he was playing small venues around the country, similar to gigs the Smiths played. The bookers should have gone for smaller venues...stadium gigs are mostly bollocks anyway.

FFS. He wasn't playing small venues in 95. He was playing large venues in 95! They weren't arenas but the were not small venues. They are/were the largest venues you could play in each location without it being an arena. Here's that 95 'Boxers' information again ............

Capacity, e.g.:

Aston Villa Leisure Centre 4,000
Barrowlands 1,900
Usher Hall 2,200
Portsmouth 2,500
Sheffield City Hall 2,271

These are not arena numbers but let's be clear Leeds has 13 sections blocked off and has in excess of 1,000 tickets to sell.

None of this comedy back-and-forth on this board means anything, of course. Nothing.

The only thing that matters is Morrissey's bank balance and his ego, and both are taking a mighty hit in the UK. He'll ply his trade elsewhere until the reunion rumours come round again and he'll have a Damascene conversion for the lucre.

The place is rife with the Post-2017 Crew. Persistent trolls that know everything, spread lies, point the finger and use Trumps tactic of 'If I continually say this them not only might I convince others, I might convince myself'. Urgh!

FFS. He wasn't playing small venues in 95. He was playing large venues in 95! They weren't arenas but the were not small venues. They are/were the largest venues you could play in each location without it being an arena. Here's that 95 'Boxers' information again ............

Capacity, e.g.:

Aston Villa Leisure Centre 4,000
Barrowlands 1,900
Usher Hall 2,200
Portsmouth 2,500
Sheffield City Hall 2,271

These are not arena numbers but let's be clear Leeds has 13 sections blocked off and has in excess of 1,000 tickets to sell.

Ere.........I saw him at the Iford Island in 95.....less than a few thousand there. In 91, I saw him at Kilburn National........same, less than a few thousand.

And one more thing - the sheer chutzpah of the tiny band of loyal defenders - slagging off this site for sticking the boot in - when, if the concert had been a rip-roaring success, they would be here slagging off the folks NOT praising the fact.

The mental gymnastics of those faced with rock-solid facts and making out it's something else is a sight to behold indeed, and something worthy of pity and shame.

No, it's a reasonable inference from the state of seats currently available and the numbers of seats which were never made available in the first place.

Unfortunately, some people in here have no sense of reasonableness even when cold hard facts are placed before them.

And one more thing - the sheer chutzpah of the tiny band of loyal defenders - slagging off this site for sticking the boot in - when, if the concert had been a rip-roaring success, they would be here slagging off the folks NOT praising the fact.

The mental gymnastics of those faced with rock-solid facts and making out it's something else is a sight to behold indeed, and something worthy of pity and shame.

Why are still here Skinny? Seriously..........why?

Some of your best posts, sir! I much prefer these accurate statements as opposed to some of the more colourful comments you can make.

Just let go Skinny.........consider Moz an old gf that doesn't love you anymore. You'll be much happier. No more spending time on sites where the people despise you. No more troll ratings. Your self-confidence will go up leaps and bounds.

Ere.........I saw him at the Iford Island in 95.....less than a few thousand there. In 91, I saw him at Kilburn National........same, less than a few thousand.
I saw him at Motherwell, Blackpool, Portsmouth and London in 95. Either I was much taller then, or they were indeed small venues. Rock City, in 1999, was like a church hall.

... if you have a point please make it.

Kilburn: 2,028
Isalnd: Ilford 2,500

NOT small venues

plug.

I recently wrote a brief exploration of how drastically Morrissey's ticket sale figures have plummeted in the UK, with special attention given to the startlingly low sales for the upcoming Leeds gig.

With two weeks to go until the show, huge quantities of seats remain unsold in some of the best blocks in the venue while standing floor tickets also remain.

Full article can be seen online here.

1*LsogXWhUXkVhjvajZMKTgw.jpeg

Tags
morrissey racism ticketmaster tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom