The Morrissey Shoe - Morrissey Central (16 April, 2019)

47273_morrisseyshoe.jpg

f4cf8a36e10fee70d887f06ebed8eca1.jpg

Then appeared on Central:
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-morrissey-shoe

"… designed and distilled by boundary-pushing STELLA McCARTNEY at her edge-of-lake distillery where the ordinary becomes extraordinary.
These shoes are made without the skin, pelt, tongue, face or hide of any animals, thus entirely terror-free and cruelty-free shoes.

Available to you, should you wish. Price 16 shillings (or thereabouts.)"

Regards
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not going to respond to this thread but given that it received so much negative feedback I must. The shoes are quirky, quaint and eccentric as his personality but also very classic and timeless, meaning, they could be worn by a 19th century nobleman (perhaps dandy Oscar Wilde?). The chain is not simply an embellishment to the shoes, it’s an essential piece of his jewellery collection. The fact they are made of ethically sourced materials is probably the most important factor in creating something that was meant to celebrate his milestone birthday (at least that’s what I think).

Hypocritical: behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.
"look at my lovely designer shoes, they are environmentally friendly but take 1000 years to degrade in nature"
he'll not have to buy anymore then

I'm getting used to the shoes but the trousers don't seem to settle properly on them. Is he bow legged? The legs seem to be coming from different directions. But I still don't know whether I'm fully convinced.

These are just a regular chain loafer style, nothing new there. Not a style I personally like, as I don’t do slip on shoes, preferring a boot.

I understand that they are vegan though. I’d happily wear vegan footwear, like why not?...if they look good.

As for the jeans, are they not hitched up, in order to display said shoes?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom