the nostalgia thread

drunken goldfish

blah blah fishcakes
Post pictures of your childhood heroes - the more embarrassing the better...

I'm a child of the 80s, so this was my first Hollywood crush:

maccio_kk.jpg

(Edit: I see the pic is no longer working. It's supposed to be Ralph Macchio from "The Karate Kid.")

And my first musical crush (Oh, Morten *sigh*):

aha_k.jpg

And now to really embarrassing teritorry: my older sister would constantly listen to this:

fantastic.jpg

And - oh, the horror! - we occasionally listened to this:

_modern_talking_band1.jpg

(I was 8, I didn't know any better!)

Top that, I dare you!

Last edited:
Confession is good for you ;) . But I can top yours - I actually went to see the stars of 90210 when they came to Israel. It's a very odd idea for a performance, since they don't sing or dance or anything, so they just sat there and said how happy they were to be there and stuff. And waved a lot.

I can't post a photo:( But, anyway. It was the Spice Girls. And my granduncle (Who actually reminds me of Moz in many ways)

^^Is your grand uncle heroic in some way? ;) And man, you people are really young! I'll bet you don't even know who Modern Talking were! (not so bad for you, actually :D ).

My granduncle is a vegetarian, has lived on his own his whole life and used to have a lot of niiice sheep;) That's me in 40 years!

481872_DV_L_F.jpg

actually still watch it!

hey DD isn't that Falco!

In the days of my youth (I'm talking when I was about ten) along with the Spice Girls I adored:

Peter Andre (Dear God why, I can't think of a more repulsive male now. The hair, the muscles. Urgh!)
peterandre03.jpg

I had the freaking Peter Andre doll. I was so jealous of my best friend because she was in the fan club. Do you remember the summer of '96? Mysterious Girl and Wannabe. I remember those days well. Fun times.

Neil Heaney from Southampton Football Club (The one on the right)
heaney.jpg

I got starstruck after standing next to him for, like, five minutes. (I have to say, I'm hardly surprised I can't find a better picture of him online) Even the name 'Neil Heaney' is bringing back memories for me, oh so embarrassing. I had his Premiere League sticker on my pencil case, now that's true love.

Ewan McGregor
B00004SPVC.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I totally became obsessed with this guy when the first new Star Wars movie came out but this is the film I remember most. My mum wouldn't let me watch it because Ewan gets hella naked in a baby oil and glitterfest and so, of course, I spent the best part of a year trying to watch it. Good times.

Hwoarang from Tekken
hwoarang.jpg

God knows how it happened but yes, I idolised a computer game character. I guess he was kinda cute. Too muscley for my liking though.

But hey, now my room's covered in pictures of blokes who are double my age so who's to say that's any better? It's their minds I love, of course!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom