Morrissey Central "THE ONLY GOOD NEWS OF 2021" (December 21, 2021)

Is this the slowest, dullest, most boring period in all of Mozzer’s career? In the 97-04 wilderness we had successful world tours and new songs and Moz becoming increasingly more influential again. During the 2010-2014 wilderness years we had world tours, new songs and Autobiography. Now we get stupid collages made by his nephew and posted on his horrendous website. To be fair, there is a pandemic. But still.
A pandemic of utterly moronic behaviour.

Well, from the info we have, it’s a different producer(?)Don’t think Joe Chiccarelli has been mentioned in connection with it yet.

And Andrew Watt as producer (?) sounds an interesting choice, he’s young and a musician himself.

I could be wrong, and maybe M wants to pursue the road he took with IANADOAC. But so far I get the feeling it’ll sound a little different.

I’m hoping it’ll be a little looser, which is one of the problems I had with IANADOAC is that to me it sounded too rigid, is the only way I can describe it.

M:
No. It gave me a new curiosity because I didn't know how anyone would play or interpret the song, but it all came together instantly and that absolutely amazed me. The moods, the twists, the precision … it's difficult to do well, and I was blessed with a most supremely intelligent producer. He played and sang backing vocals on every track … so beautifully … and brought something that no one else could hear into each track...”

I assume he’s speaking about Watt. We’ll see.
The new album does sound intriguing. Love some of the song titles e.g. 'Saint in a stained glass window' and the fact that there's a whole new team onboard.
Just wish the whole thing wasn't named after the Manchester bombing - smacks a little of sensationalism and it sounds like only one of the songs is related to the subject. Wouldn't be surprised that if/when the album does come out, it has a different title. Might even be a requirement of a record deal.

Last edited:
The new album does sound intriguing. Love some of the song titles e.g. 'Saint in a stained glass window' and the fact that there's a whole new team onboard.
(y) yes, intrigued also.
Just wish the whole thing wasn't named after the Manchester bombing - smacks a little of sensationalism and it sounds like only one of the songs is related to the subject. Wouldn't be surprised that if/when the album does come out, it has a different title. Might even be a requirement of a record deal.

don’t know. Will be interesting to see how he bravely tackles the subject.

I totally agree with you, loads of bands have been touring and releasing albums, the only thing holding Morrissey back is Morrissey.
Exactly. And it’s such a goddamn shame.

watching the andrew watt video famous put up,that guy loves music and the studio,you can tell when someone is very comfortable in the surroundings,that fast guitar playing was something else.

It seems that Moz is pessimistic, we are in difficult and confusing times, but surely there is more good news. Moz's album is a fact and I'm sure that somehow I'm going to listen to Bonfire, it's incredible that an artist like Morrissey doesn't have a proper label, and that so much shitty music permeates so many people in such bad taste! Morrissey is the best singer of all many qualities in one type, a real living icon with mystical blood and with a voice that comes out of a shaken heart Moz te amo!...
Mystical tiger blood.

Guys of the Solo my compatriot uploaded a video of Moz, she told me that she was going to upload it at Christmas, this on you tube the author is called Revolver Dolls was the one who made the video with Johnny attacking Moz with the theme Knockabout .. upload it she deserves it

Guys of the Solo my compatriot uploaded a video of Moz, she told me that she was going to upload it at Christmas, this on you tube the author is called Revolver Dolls was the one who made the video with Johnny attacking Moz with the theme Knockabout .. upload it she deserves it
Just watched this. Was good.

Jajaaaa Thank you light cleaning for uploading it is for our Moz with Love!!!!! I like your paintings eh!!!!!!! They are made with love. There's a lot of love for mozzys!!! We love you Morrissey!!!!

That's great, but it's not the new one!!! I am useless with these things, hopefully someone will upload it. She deserves it and so does Moz. Moz is for you with pure love !!! We love you

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom