The religion thread

drunken goldfish

blah blah fishcakes
Do you believe in God? If you don't, do you still celebrate holidays or practice your religion in some way? Have you ever considered converting to another religion? Etc. etc.

(See? I have other interests ;) ).

I don't think there's a lot of diversity on this board when speaking of faith. The major part is atheist. Right?

Not me. I believe in something but can't really condense it into a few sentences. If asked if I believe in God, I answer yes, but I'm probably not talking about the same thing they are.

The major part is atheist. Right?
Well, I'm not :) . I don't practice my faith too much though, I keep my own version of kosher (food) and fast on Yom Kippur, but that's it. My boyfriend's an atheist, but as he always says "there are no atheists in the trenches" ;) (WWI saying?).
What about more exotic stuff like Kabbalah, Buddhism, New Age, anyone interested in those?

I've always been interested in Buddhism, but I'm not going to convert.
I've always been proud too of being baptised, and I find it important to have a religion, but it's hard to pray. I do love the Bible as a 'storybook', but I'm not a fundamentalist.

There is God...
And that's his picture:

tan.jpg

:D

Blasphemy! :D I mentioned it in another thread, that I saw him make a crossing himself gesture during "There is a Light", and today I saw him do it before the start of a gig. So I guess he doesn't agree with you ;) .

I have this ambivalent feelings towards religion - on one hand I think I do believe in something (at least before my exams and while I'm flying) but I completely disrespect and denounce organized religion, church, all the nonsense rituals etc. I do Christ-myth (as Moz calls it) and Easter, first one because I enjoy it - second one out of respect for my mother's artistic attempts on the eggs, nothing else. In other words, there are certain parts of religion that I respect and enjoy - I do believe in "something" - but I like the relation between me and that something to be direct, without any go-betweens, esp the church.

what is that something to you then, DeliciousDemon?

what is that something to you then, DeliciousDemon?

I don't know, some sort of force that is beyond us I suppose ... I don't spend too much time thinking about this and have no formed opinion on it, I just know that thinking that it's there, sometimes makes me feel better, makes things easier to understand and comforts me. I'm otherwise a very rational person (sometimes even too rational!) but there are certain situations in life where you just hope that something beyond you will help you out. I know this sounds too confusing but I guess that these things cannot be explained in an articulate manner anyway.

i beleive in COD.

as Codreanu pictures of cats are really nice and cute.

was that the question!!!!

well if it's a revolution Codreanu can lead it with his cat pictures...

and a fish which has been on the holy wine.

The thought that there might actually be a God out there is the only thing that keeps me from going mental. I enjoy religion.. just not organized, of course.

I'm Wiccan too, and I believe in many Gods and Goddesses, but they all encompass one God and one Goddess. If that make sense... this time of year is my favourie, as it's nearly Samhain (New Year) on 31st October. I think that what I believe in has helped to get me through was has been a very difficult time.... but it is just a personal belief, I would never try and impose it on anyone.

I'm Wiccan too, and I believe in many Gods and Goddesses, but they all encompass one God and one Goddess. If that make sense... this time of year is my favourie, as it's nearly Samhain (New Year) on 31st October. I think that what I believe in has helped to get me through was has been a very difficult time.... but it is just a personal belief, I would never try and impose it on anyone.

I've never met a Wiccan, it sounds really interesting, could you tell us more? And does your family mind?

if god was god he should be aware that I don't believe that he's good and that I always say heretic stuff ,so he would have thrown a damn straight ray(with thunder included)long time...ergo he's not that powerful or he just doesn't exists

Back
Top Bottom