The Royal Family

Silent Reader

On Timeout
On Timeout
This may have been done, but apologises, I'm new here.

Who likes the Royal Family? Not the TV show! I think they're alright. Yes they're privileged but so what, I'm not an envious bitter little man (like most of the types who don't like them).

The Queen is a great figurehead & William & Kate seem like nice, genuine people really. And they do a lot for mental health which is big in my book.

Plus they bring in a lot of money for the country which is good. And best of all, they piss the left off, which is always a massive bonus.

I suppose Morrissey fans aren't supposed to like the Royals but I'm not that Dogmatic.

I used to like Harry but not since he went all woke. And no, I don't dislike Meghan because she's from an ethnic background. I dislike her because she's a social climbing, virtue signalling snowflake who wants it both ways (privacy wise I mean, I don't know what her sexual preferences are).

But who gives a f*** what I think, right?

You are so dim it's almost embarrassing to point out your imbecility. But here goes anyway.
On another thread you posted this:
"i have no hard feelings towards someone with a different opinion, that's not my style."
And then you write:
"Who likes the Royal Family? Not the TV show! I think they're alright. Yes they're privileged but so what, I'm not an envious bitter little man (like most of the types who don't like them)."
It's like you don't even bother to try.

Plus they bring in a lot of money for the country which is good.

Elizabeth II has a net worth of $442.92 million (£340 million), derived from a grant from taxpayers and two additional income sources, The Sunday Times estimated in 2016. That's vastly more than any other members of the Royal Family, including the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who have a shared fortune of $30 million, Business Insider reported.

Here's how the British royal family makes their fortune.

Every year, the Queen gets a chunk of cash from taxpayers called the Sovereign Grant.
It comes from the treasury and it's funded by taxpayers, according to the BBC.

The basic agreement is that the Queen gets the grant in exchange for surrendering all profits from the Crown Estate — the family's massive portfolio of properties — to the government. Every year, the Queen is given an amount of money equivalent to 25% of the Crown Estate's profits.

The Grant totaled $107.1 million (£82.2 million) in 2019, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The Sovereign Grant pays for the family's travel, palace upkeep and utilities, and royal employee payroll, according to official royal family financial reports. But The Telegraph notes that the grant doesn't cover costs of security and royal ceremonies — that money comes from a few other places.

Read more here:

You are so dim it's almost embarrassing to point out your imbecility. But here goes anyway.
On another thread you posted this:

And then you write:

It's like you don't even bother to try.
You seem to not notice the difference between an opinion & hard feelings. I think people who don't like them are envious bitter little people. I don't have any hard feelings towards them. That's their problem.

You seem to not notice the difference between an opinion & hard feelings. I think people who don't like them are envious bitter little people. I don't have any hard feelings towards them. That's their problem.
By describing them as 'envious bitter little people' you are expressing negative feelings towards them. Your use of those words literally expresses your negative opinion of them.

PS we'll never meet I know, but I take it you'd say all this to my face if we ever did? You're not a keyboard warrior? If we were in a pub, you'd call me a dim imbecile right? And a Tory boy. And a twat?

PS we'll never meet I know, but I take it you'd say all this to my face if we ever did? You're not a keyboard warrior? If we were in a pub, you'd call me a dim imbecile right? And a Tory boy. And a twat?
Yes I would. As I'm sure you would called a Republican "an envious, bitter little person to their face."

By describing them as 'envious bitter little people' you are expressing negative feelings towards them. Your use of those words literally expresses your negative opinion of them.
OK maybe I have a negative opinion of them, but I don't have any hard feelings towards them.

Well I don't agree, but that's just my opinion.

You don't like me do you? I like you, we've had a good debate on here today.

Variety is the spice of life & all that.
Yet when faced with variety, your immediate reaction is to scorn it. No-one here is in any doubt as to the things you despise. As an example, you seem to have a particular phobia about The Guardian. Being a left-of-centre newspaper, it tends to publish articles that you find disagreeable, hence you describe it as 'a rag.' When you suspected me of being opposed to Brexit you described me as a 'Remoaner.' By trying to paint yourself as a reasonable person all you are in fact doing is painting yourself as a hypocrite.
You can be someone who is open to all opinions or you can be a gobby right-wing c***; you can't be both.

Yet when faced with variety, your immediate reaction is to scorn it. No-one here is in any doubt as to the things you despise. As an example, you seem to have a particular phobia about The Guardian. Being a left-of-centre newspaper, it tends to publish articles that you find disagreeable, hence you describe it as 'a rag.' When you suspected me of being opposed to Brexit you described me as a 'Remoaner.' By trying to paint yourself as a reasonable person all you are in fact doing is painting yourself as a hypocrite.
You can be someone who is open to all opinions or you can be a gobby right-wing c***; you can't be both.
Firstly to be fair, when I said that thing about the pub I meant if we knew each other, I wouldn't just walk up to someone & butt in. Touche with the republican comment though.

Secondly, why is f*** asterixed on here but c*** isn't?

And to me, a Remoaner wasn't someone who voted remain, it was the 'we know best, left wing liberal elite, university educated' lot who wouldn't accept the democratic result. Now that did make me angry, I don't like them. There was a vote, they lost but they wouldn't accept it because 'they knew best'.

Meghan should have murdered all the rest of them until she was made Queen by royal succession. How far down the list was she?

Back
Top Bottom