The Simpsons - "Panic on the Streets of Springfield" (airing April 18, 2021) - reminder / reports

UPDATE Apr. 18:

Posted after the airing:

Official Morrissey Facebook: Simpsons Response (April 19, 2021)

The Simpsons ("Panic on the Streets of Springfield" season 32, episode 19) premieres Sunday April 18, 2021.

An extended cut to air on Hulu (link posted by Neal Cassidy):

UPDATE Apr. 18:

full

Related items:
* = this link/page was deleted from Central - April 25, 2021.

Screenshot_20210419-031509~2.png

What no Solo easter eggs!?
A couple of uses of the word 'wanker' - had a flash back to Married With Children...
They'll be edited for UK showings.
FWD.

I am sure they greenlighted this, yes, however, there are growing defamation suits, especially in parody lawsuits involving Twitter which have seen sucess. (https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3600145) while parody can serve to make light of an otherwise heavy subject. satire is almost always a defense to defamation, parody stands as a defense when the statement is deemed to be so ridiculous that the average person could not believe it. Could the average person tend not to believe Fox portrays Moz as a rasicst in this episode? Fox really was blatant here and left no stone unturned. A jury could be convincd otherwise.
I don't think Morrissey is going to improve his reputation by suing the Simpsons.

Episode was spot-on. ...and The Simpsons have a long history of accurately predicting the future.

Shameful on all counts. First, Simpson’s for being so desperate for ideas to have to steal and parody others work so hard for cheap views. Just cringing hard before I even saw the ‘surprise’ ending.
All I can say is shameful and turn my head away. This is how sad modern ‘art’ is. The same shit everywhere you look. From Tolkien to this. Sad low hanging fruit. Morrissey’s nephew even promoted it on moz-central.

Sad and pathetic fans these writers are as well. Morrissey has had the same views for decades and nothing has changed. They love him when his views align with anti-thatcher and anti-Bush rhetoric but turn on him the second they realize he doesn’t think along the party lines.
He hardly deserves this, not that he should be worried about it. It’s a dead show with no viewers and this was a sad attempt to use his name to boost ratings.

My only hope is it turns eyes to morrisseys opinions and more people see things the way he does, becuase I assure you all more and more people are seeing the world for what is every day.

Morrissey has been right about everything. I remember I saw him in Boston years ago and left so confused by all the political messages and frankly so put off I didn’t listen to him for years. But then I can back and listened to everything and you know his world view is hard to grasp but once you see things his way you don’t un-see them. That tells me right off the bat these Simpson’s writers are hacks and hardly understood Morrissey to Begin with.
And lastly: Morrisseys solo career is far better than the smiths ever were. I hope he and Eric Clapton collaborate on something just to spite al these stuck up intolerant low information morons

The first appearance of imaginary Quilloughby (& the whole story) was inspired by Taika Waititi's "Jo Jo Rabbit"

So - Morrissey = Hitler? OK - I can see now why they might not have approached Moz to voice it himself.

This picture is terribly offensive. Where is Mike Joyce?! :mad:
Perhaps he was never sent the script 😂
There's a few superfan meltdowns about the episode which is entertaining in and of itself I guess.
About 7 million people in the US watch the show - will be interesting to see the overall response to it.
Still pretty certain Central & ilk had zero pre-knowledge of this episode's contents.
FWD.

Haven't watched the Simpson's in a long long time - just wondering if the show ever did a similar thing with any other actual person (other than a politician) in terms of -well, just being...mean?

well i enjoyed young moz. young moz will definitely go down in history as the hottest simpson character ever. but what they did to old moz was just crummy. i cant respect them portraying him as having rejected his anti-meat stance. when you consider how unlikely that would ever be it's impossible to imagine it was meant to be anything other than the joy of painting him in a bad light, since to be humorous it would have had to have some smidgen of truth in it. that's not cool.

Shameful on all counts. First, Simpson’s for being so desperate for ideas to have to steal and parody others work so hard for cheap views. Just cringing hard before I even saw the ‘surprise’ ending.
All I can say is shameful and turn my head away. This is how sad modern ‘art’ is. The same shit everywhere you look. From Tolkien to this. Sad low hanging fruit. Morrissey’s nephew even promoted it on moz-central.

Sad and pathetic fans these writers are as well. Morrissey has had the same views for decades and nothing has changed. They love him when his views align with anti-thatcher and anti-Bush rhetoric but turn on him the second they realize he doesn’t think along the party lines.
He hardly deserves this, not that he should be worried about it. It’s a dead show with no viewers and this was a sad attempt to use his name to boost ratings.

My only hope is it turns eyes to morrisseys opinions and more people see things the way he does, becuase I assure you all more and more people are seeing the world for what is every day.

Morrissey has been right about everything. I remember I saw him in Boston years ago and left so confused by all the political messages and frankly so put off I didn’t listen to him for years. But then I can back and listened to everything and you know his world view is hard to grasp but once you see things his way you don’t un-see them. That tells me right off the bat these Simpson’s writers are hacks and hardly understood Morrissey to Begin with.
And lastly: Morrisseys solo career is far better than the smiths ever were. I hope he and Eric Clapton collaborate on something just to spite al these stuck up intolerant low information morons
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

The Simpsons will always be superior to anything the fascist Morrissey has “accomplished”. He is not a real vegan/vegetarian. He’s a fraud. Justice will come in Las Vegas during his final stand in life. The end has arrived. RIP Morrissey 2021

Not sure why I got my hopes up that The Simpsons tonight would be funny or relevant, since both are something it hasn't been for 2 decades now.

The stunning irony of mocking Morrissey as being outdated, changing from who he was, and just looking for a payday is too much too handle here. What The Simpsons has become is everything they attempted to mock tonight. Woke drivel and just cashing those checks from the network.

The kind of people who think someone like Trevor Noah's shtick is funny probably liked this episode.
Right on brother. Let's have the freedom to mock brown folk! Yeah!

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-simpsons-celebrate-the-snuffs

Lamb to the slaughter...

í guess The Snuffs should have been a clue. Comic geniuses these cartoonists.

í guess if you f*t-shamed Taylor or Selena for getting a bit jowly you would be pure piled on, but if it's some old '80s singer it's fair enough.

í'm off to watch Hong Kong Phooey...

Can you remember anyone else who fat-shamed someone?

Remember when Morrissey did exactly that with Gail Shea?

Do you only object when a singer you like is the subject?

unfortunately, he was a marked man from the get and cancel culture was wating for him, despite the so-called fawning by the writing staff....complete cowards....
❄️❄️❄️❄️☃️

Accept the truth about your false idol and fascist Morrissey or you will suffer the consequences. It’s the beginning of the end of all that is Morrissey fandom.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom