The Smiths Shoplifters Rare Clear Vinyl 7" from box set

My guess is worthless, like the orange let me kiss you & the brown 7" of youngest was the most loved. If it was legit, would of heard of it by now

As the auction states, this is one of the 7" singles from the Deluxe version of the Complete box from 2011. Here's what Passions says about the different 7"s in the box:

The artwork for the "Hand In Glove" 7" is the alternate blue 'negative sleeve' (info). The "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" 7" is modelled on the original French 7", not the 1992 UK reissue (info). The "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" 7" comes with the 12" artwork instead of the expected 7" one (info). "Reel Around The Fountain" is slipped inside a plain white die-cut sleeve. "The Headmaster Ritual" is found in the red 'titles' sleeve, not the 'cowboy kid' alternate (info). The second "William It Was Really Nothing" features the Billie Whitelaw artwork (info). The vinyl is clear for the "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" 7", and white for "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before" and "Sweet And Tender Hooligan".
The liner notes on the 25 7" singles were written by Simon Goddard, though he is not credited for them.

A lot of people say that the Clear and Orange Let Me Kiss You and Brown Youngest Was The Most are fakes or bootlegs. I can tell you that these are experimental test pressings that they pressed at the pressing plant with the run of black pressings. Now rather it was an employee sneaking around or a plant manager I do not know. There are only 10 of each. If they were fakes or boots, the labels wouldn't be original. I asked an editor at Record Collector close to 3 years ago about these. So I would say they are legit. Some may not. It is kind of like the Red Bowie record "Low".

This is mine

DSC_0933.jpg

A lot of people say that the Clear and Orange Let Me Kiss You and Brown Youngest Was The Most are fakes or bootlegs. I can tell you that these are experimental test pressings that they pressed at the pressing plant with the run of black pressings. Now rather it was an employee sneaking around or a plant manager I do not know. There are only 10 of each. If they were fakes or boots, the labels wouldn't be original. I asked an editor at Record Collector close to 3 years ago about these. So I would say they are legit. Some may not. It is kind of like the Red Bowie record "Low".

ps the red "Low" is worthless

The counterfeit red "Low" records are worthless. But if you find one of the handful that were "pressed by a Bowie fan working at the pressing plant" in 1977, they always fetch at least $3000. The counterfeit red Lows have machine stamped matrix ( 76061E1/A ) and the original has the hand-etched number INTS 5065 A1 IT. The same with Peter and the Wolf on Green vinyl and Scary Monsters on Purple. Like I said, even though the legality of these colored discs can be discussed,they are among the highest fetching Bowie items if they appear for auction.

There's not many of them, does it matter where it came from? If you like it? it is a nice thing.

There's not many of them, does it matter where it came from? If you like it? it is a nice thing.

It makes no sense to separate it from the rest. It belongs in the box with the others. that's what makes it unique. If you want it, hunt the boxset down, not a fan of splitting things up.

If it sells for £6 quid that's a bargain whether it should be with the rest of the box set or not.

Back
Top Bottom