The Smiths - Unreleased BBC Sessions in high quality

Hello,

I believe these are all the unreleased BBC radio recordings. All except for "Wonderful Woman" and "I Don't Owe You Anything" come from very good sources, not previously shared.

Wonderful Woman
1983-07-04 Jensen Session
Soundsville. Pitch corrected.

I Don't Owe You Anything
1983-09-05 Jensen Session
Soundsville. Pitch corrected.

Pretty Girls Make Graves & Reel Around The Fountain
1983-09-05 Jensen Session
FM re-broadcast > Reel-to-Reel

How Soon Is Now?
1984-08-09 Peel Session
FM re-broadcast > Digi Beta

London & Half A Person
1986-12-17 Peel Session
FM re-broadcast > Digi Beta

Thank you!

A high-quality BBC sessions compilation is well overdue. Years ago I spent a long time diligently collecting the best of each version only to find that there's no good versions of Wonderful Woman (Jensen) out there. I nagged the BBC to re-broadcast it but evidently, my powers of persuasion are ineffective at the Big British Castle.

A friendly hello and a kind thanks!

Sorry for the probably obvious uestion, but does Hatful of Hollow + this upload = all the BBC Session stuff in as high quality available?

DavidA's research on the matter a while back (which some sites based their views of 'best' on). May be in need of an update, but this started on ST years ago and has shaped thinking since.:

44404_20180925_022343.jpg
44406_20180925_024255.jpg

FWD.

Early this morning on Radio 6 the strangest version of "You just havnt heard it yet baby" I have never heard. I thought they implied it was a session. It was after the trojan stuff at some point.

It seemed like Morrissey singing with a lot of backing vocals every so often and different guitar too. It wasn't like a version I've ever heard. I don't think it's as good as the regular version but I was a bit open mouthed when it just came on the radio. What is it?

---- 25 August 2022

Early this morning on Radio 6 the strangest version of "You just havnt heard it yet baby" I have never heard. I thought they implied it was a session. It was after the trojan stuff at some point.

It seemed like Morrissey singing with a lot of backing vocals every so often and different guitar too. It wasn't like a version I've ever heard. I don't think it's as good as the regular version but I was a bit open mouthed when it just came on the radio. What is it?

---- 25 August 2022
I can't see it on the Radio 6 Playlist.

Back
Top Bottom