The StageLeft Podcast - Mike Farrell on writing songs for Morrissey & touring You Are The Quarry

Hi everyone,

On this week’s episode of The StageLeft Podcast, Mike Farrell discusses writing songs with Morrissey and playing 'There is a Light That Never Goes Out' and 'How Soon Is Now' live on the You are the Quarry and Ringleader touts. Mike was a big fan of The Smiths and talks in detail about touring and the writing/collaboration process with Morrissey on At Last I Am Born, so hope you enjoy!

The StageLeft Podcast: Mike Farrell

Last edited by a moderator:
For the reworked Sweetie Pie - he has my unending thanks.
Regards,
FWD

Safe to assume he is longer and never will be in the fold again if he is talking. Morrissey has zero tolerance for anyone to be blabbin.

Safe to assume he is longer and never will be in the fold again if he is talking. Morrissey has zero tolerance for anyone to be blabbin.

I don't think he's particularly said any more than Gustavo has in the one interview he did. Although I just can't see Morrissey running up to Mikey after he played "Auld Lang Syne" and saying "Awesome!"

Mmmm. I wonder if he could sing "Speedway" in Mexican, but that probably won't be a good thing if a middle aged balding white guy comes out to sing it in the Southern California sell outs in 10 seconds Mexican fan gold mine. Anonymous-

Mike Farrell meets The StageLeft Podcast to discuss his incredible career writing songs for Morrissey

https://soundcloud.com/thestageleftpodcast/mike-farrell

Mike Farrell meets The StageLeft Podcast to discuss his incredible career writing songs for Morrissey and playing on The Smith's classics such as 'There is a Light That Never Goes Out' and 'How Soon Is Now' on the 'You Are The Quarry' and 'Ringleader of the Tormentors' tours.

I don't think he's particularly said any more than Gustavo has in the one interview he did. Although I just can't see Morrissey running up to Mikey after he played "Auld Lang Syne" and saying "Awesome!"

yeah right? :lbf: Actually he said 'Dude that was like so awesome like cool you know.' Kidding aside, must have been a sweet moment. :)

Tags
morrissey podcast smiths songwriting

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom