The Sunday Times editorial: "Bigmouths Strike Again" (April 25, 2021)

Don't forget Switzerland.

I think people just think he still lives in LA because it was such a big thing when he moved there in the 90s and they also love to make it look like he's living a disconnected existence in his Hollywood ivory tower...
But he sold his house there in 2005 and since then he seems to have divided his time between England (mostly Manchester) , Dublin, Berlin, LA and Lausanne.

Regarding Berlin - I know he likes Mitte, which is completely incomprehensible to me. When I'm in Berlin, which is fairly often, I try to avoid Mitte like the plague.

I suppose it's the fancy bit. I just scuttle about lost & late so I haven't done the touristy thing there yet.

I suppose it's the fancy bit. I just scuttle about lost & late so I haven't done the touristy thing there yet.

The architecture in that part alone is so appalling that I can't imagine living there/spending time there. Not to mention the people...

I’m glad! Isn’t a great novel? I discovered Kafka as a teenager (still my favorite writer, read everything he’s ever written), but most of the other stuff a bit later.

I was about 13, obsessed with theatre & found Kenneth Tynan's reviews in a 2nd hand book shop. Then I researched everything from there - because I assumed I would need to know it to get a job. Then I got a job & realised no one knew this stuff! But it's been an advantage.

I love Kafka too. I bought so many books in Prague once my suitcase nearly died - & his work was rescued by one person! Which is good lesson for following your passion even if no one else cares.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how long it took them to come up with that headline...
The Times stopped being original in content many 🌚 ago. If you don’t look or think like Tatiana McGrath you don’t get a look in. For now.

Screenshot_20210425-194611~2.png

From the online edition.
Regards,
FWD.

So the times believe him to be a ‘legend’? Nice

The Sunday Times Editorial 25/4/21

"As for Morrissey, his finest hour was This Charming Man. For once he could try to be one."

Did not manage to find this small article from today's The Sunday Times editorial in its online edition, but here it is nevertheless.

View attachment 71520

View attachment 71521
even lydon gets a pass whereas M never seems to get a pass off anybody or anything.

Have you broken character???

No, I don't think he does. He seems to live on the road, in hotels.
sure i saw his van in nomadland which i watched today,should sweep the board tonight.

I think people just think he still lives in LA because it was such a big thing when he moved there in the 90s and they also love to make it look like he's living a disconnected existence in his Hollywood ivory tower...
But he sold his house there in 2005 and since then he seems to have divided his time between England (mostly Manchester) , Dublin, Berlin, LA and Lausanne.

Regarding Berlin - I know he likes Mitte, which is completely incomprehensible to me. When I'm in Berlin, which is fairly often, I try to avoid Mitte like the plague.
Yes, the Switzerland connection is interesting.

Is it true that Morrissey has a house in Dublin?

Morrissey used to like London and maybe he still does. Manchester is his hometown.

I heard that Morrissey had bought a place in Malibu. I think Morrissey still likes LA.

The Berlin connection is interesting. Then there is Paris and Rome. I don't know what Lousanne in Switzerland is like.

Do you think Morrissey loves cities more that spending time in the countryside? Bowdon is quite rural though in Cheshire on the edge of Greater Manchester.

yup

i'd say
many of us would like to think we're something like Lydon (or some other cheerful likeable guy)
but
if we scratch underneath we probably often are bit like moz (or what he sings/talks about)
and
as hinted at earlier
we want to see what we'd like to be and we don't want to see what we truly are

I will only speak for myself here. Yes, we aspire to feel that we belong and a bit like Johnny Lydon. And then we fail (again) and end up a bit closer to the world of Morrissey. And it is a comfort to know that you're not alone.
Anyway, I wish that (social) media and marketing wouldn't focus so much on what they see as the ideal type of people, and just celebrate more the diversity there exists between people and the personalities.

Isn't he one of those anti-vaxxers?

Morrissey has said absolutely nothing about the vaccine. For all we know he could be fully vaccinated.

Have you broken character???

No, I don't think he does. He seems to live on the road, in hotels.
You have got to be the dumbest delusional stalker here and that is saying alot. A married 61 year old man living in hotels? He hasnt been on the road in almost 2 years, so where does he live when he is not on the road? He was born in LA and him and his wife Nancy have lived in the house in Malibu since Sweetzer. Why does it upset you lunatics that he lives in LA? Why does it make you jealous?

Sam's the anti-vaxxer.

Jesse is pro-vaxx.

Morrissey has said nothing about vaccines.
Indeed, I remember that SER once posted an anti-vax video on Morrissey Central, so I was just wondering.
In view of his profession and preferred lifestyle of rotating between 5 different cities, it would be wiser for Morrissey to get vaccinated.

Indeed, I remember that SER once posted an anti-vax video on Morrissey Central, so I was just wondering.
In view of his profession and preferred lifestyle of rotating between 5 different cities, it would be wiser for Morrissey to get vaccinated.

Yeah, I don't think he'd let his band down.

But he sold his house there in 2005 and since then he seems to have divided his time between England (mostly Manchester), Dublin, Rome, Berlin, LA and Lausanne.

Holy f***ing shit. Where do I start? It appears that the sociopath stalker foreign British people on So-Low were the "fans" sleeping in the trashcans at the bottom of the driveway and would block off the street in their rental cars on Sweetzer. Have you wackos seen the importance of being Morrissey? That was a huge mistake California Son made, letting you in to his real life in Moz Angeles. Every lunatic stalker converged on Moz Angeles after that. He has lived in 6 different houses in LA since 1986 when he moved back home to LA. He isn't flamboyant about showing you his house in Malibu now because he doesn't want YOU there! Get it dummies? His mom and dad had lived in LA since 1957, and lived no where else. It is the biggest joke here in LA how California Son had to have flowers sent to an Airbnb in England somewhere to throw you lunatics off. You people are pathetic.

Boz - pro-testing, mask & vaccination, anti-Trump (as per his wife).
Mando - pro-mask, anti-Trump.
Jesse - pro-testing, mask & vaccination, anti-Trump
Gustavo - pro-mask, anti-Trump.
Matt - pro-mask, anti-Trump.
Donnie Knutson - pro-testing, mask & vaccination, anti-Trump.

Those types of responses were all seen first-hand via IG stories & posts or Tweets in the last year+. It is assumed that even if they didn't mention a topic, it would be hard to support one view without the others following.
Walker may have mentioned being pro-vax, but would have to dig through a tonne of screen caps.
Pretty safe to say they have strong commonalities.
Can't see Morrissey sitting back stage doing the conspiracy microchip routine in front of his 'peers'.
SER has posted many of that kind of thing though - so perhaps he's alone in his thinking and only meets other's views at the animal rights extreme level?
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom