The Sunday Times editorial: "Bigmouths Strike Again" (April 25, 2021)

david ingemarsson

The Sunday Times Editorial 25/4/21

"As for Morrissey, his finest hour was This Charming Man. For once he could try to be one."

Did not manage to find this small article from today's The Sunday Times editorial in its online edition, but here it is nevertheless.

moz 1.jpg

moz 2.jpg

I wonder how long it took them to come up with that headline...
All of two seconds, I believe.

As for TCM being Mozzer's finest hour? Pish posh! Solo Moz has written several more hard-hitting songs than that one - not to mention The Smiths. It's like saying Elvis' finest hour was Blue Suede Shoes, or Springsteen's finest hour was Born to Run. It's lazy and mostly uttered by people who haven't really listened.

That penultimate paragraph is classic journo-speak, too: "We can forgive Lydon [who gives us access to his life in this week's magazine, and still plays the media game], whereas Morrissey...."

And don't get me started on India Knight.

All of two seconds, I believe.

As for TCM being Mozzer's finest hour? Pish posh! Solo Moz has written several more hard-hitting songs than that one - not to mention The Smiths. It's like saying Elvis' finest hour was Blue Suede Shoes, or Springsteen's finest hour was Born to Run. It's lazy and mostly uttered by people who haven't really listened.

The 'brilliant', highly original pun wouldn't have worked with any other song title though. 🙃

I bet he hurts. And I even worry some.

I think this little piece of salt in the wounds from The Times might hurt a fair bit having involved the subject of mother and care. We know what Moz recently have experienced in this field.

I so wish for Moz and his management to take on what used to be a traditional royal approach to media; No comments.

And I sincerely hope that he has someone somewhere who can offer true love and support.

Resist - or move on
Be mad, be rash
Smoke and explode
Sell all of your clothes
Just bear in mind:
There just might come a time
When you need some friends

Well, that's brutally honest - Morrissey's unforgivable because he doesn't give them exclusive copy about his private life.

I know that's why they attack him.

But imagine the c**ts putting it in print.

I think The Sunday Times is just exercising its right to the freedom of expression. Morrissey likes unfettered freedom of expression. Yay! for The Sunday Times.

I was shameful, I went & nabbed it.

It's not often they don't bother with a moral fig-leaf.

I don't know that much about Johnny Lydon, but I saw him recently in a documentary on the history of punk which I enjoyed, and I must admit that Lydon would probably fit the image of the fat meat consumer (with 'racist' views) who hasn't been very active since the break-up of his band better than Morrissey :) . Of course, the Sex Pistols can never be reunited. That being said, I respect Johnny Lydon. Isn't he from the same underprivileged working class environment as Morrissey?

I bet he hurts. And I even worry some.

I think this little piece of salt in the wounds from The Times might hurt a fair bit having involved the subject of mother and care. We know what Moz recently have experienced in this field.

I so wish for Moz and his management to take on what used to be a traditional royal approach to media; No comments.

And I sincerely hope that he has someone somewhere who can offer true love and support.

Resist - or move on
Be mad, be rash
Smoke and explode
Sell all of your clothes
Just bear in mind:
There just might come a time
When you need some friends
ah silly me;
it wasn't Lydon's mum - it was the missus.
oh well, anyway.

Sorry, some loose thought-fragments :unsure: from a sunday afternoon coming up. :)

Parallel Moz - the Jews

Doing some Jew reading at the moment. about how Jews were always hated - if not for this, it's been for that. For their religion, their race or, since 1948, for their country. Reasons have changed but the hate has always been there. They have always provoked and attracted negative sentiments in people. Fear and insecurity. People watch the Jews and as they do they stare into their own existence, which as we know, always is a scary sight. The Jews and their story, which in a way is the story of humans, become a deeply existential experience. Certainly for the Western person.

Now, as I read about these things I can't help but to think of Moz. How he always generates hate and negative sentiments. There's something uncomfortable about him. I think that Moz through the way he is and what he is about provokes fear and resentment because it's too close to home. It rings too true. He has always been about a very universal basic experience of the lonely Western existence and for most parts we'd rather not hear about it.

(The reading is Rich Cohens "Israel is real - An obsessive quest to understand the Jewish nation and its history." It's personal story really written by a guy who also wrote the excellent "The sun and the moon and the Rolling Stones" - also a personal story in a way.)

Last edited:
I don't know that much about Johnny Lydon, but I saw him recently in a documentary on the history of punk which I enjoyed, and I must admit that Lydon would probably fit the image of the fat meat consumer (with 'racist' views) who hasn't been very active since the break-up of his band better than Morrissey :) . Of course, the Sex Pistols can never be reunited. That being said, I respect Johnny Lydon. Isn't he from the same underprivileged working class environment as Morrissey?
yes
solid Irish English working class back ground. But in London instead of Manchester. he comes across as a kind of good-natured and affable guy, maybe a bit like the Who's Roger Daltrey who also has this working class and Brexit thing going. Lydon claims to "see through Biden" and "understand" Trump and his normal working class supporters.
(Today's The Sunday Times again)

Our poor Moz, as usual, doesn't really fit into any type, does he? Too radical, too conservative. Too sophisticated, too blunt. Too arty, too primitive.

I reckon I thought California Son didn't live in LA you jealous delusional sociopath twat f***ing clown. California Son doesn't come from an "underprivileged" anything. He comes from a middle class background from the San Fernando Valley you f***ing loonie. The California Son of Irish Roman Catholic parents who emigrated from the Republic of Ireland and instead of settling in some shithole in New Youraaaaawrk, worked hard and achieved the American dream in Moz Angeles. You people are so f***ing lost and duped. Stop making California Son a character in your psychotic Lord of the Rings fantasies and just accept him for what he really is and keep on giving him your money so he can run for governor of California tit c*** he doesn't live in LA cold and rainy day depressed Protestant divorced parents inn nnnn n nn n n nnnn nnnn it.

Well, that's brutally honest - Morrissey's unforgivable because he doesn't give them exclusive copy about his private life.

I know that's why they attack him.

But imagine the c**ts putting it in print.
I reckon I thought California Son didn't live in LA.

I reckon I thought California Son didn't live in LA you jealous delusional sociopath twat f***ing clown. California Son doesn't come from an "underprivileged" anything. He comes from a middle class background from the San Fernando Valley you f***ing loonie. The California Son of Irish Roman Catholic parents who emigrated from the Republic of Ireland and instead of settling in some shithole in New Youraaaaawrk, worked hard and achieved the American dream in Moz Angeles. You people are so f***ing lost and duped. Stop making California Son a character in your psychotic Lord of the Rings fantasies and just accept him for what he really is and keep on giving him your money so he can run for governor of California tit c*** he doesn't live in LA cold and rainy day depressed Protestant divorced parents inn nnnn n nn n n nnnn nnnn it.
you made the thread stay civilised for just over 5 hours.

yes
solid Irish English working class back ground. But in London instead of Manchester. he comes across as a kind of good-natured and affable guy, maybe a bit like the Who's Roger Daltrey who also has this working class and Brexit thing going. Lydon claims to "see through Biden" and "understand" Trump and his normal working class supporters.
(Today's The Sunday Times again)

Our poor Moz, as usual, doesn't really fit into any type, does he? Too radical, too conservative. Too sophisticated, too blunt. Too arty, too primitive.
I reckon "Irish English"? I reckon there is no such thing as "Irish-English". I reckon do you know both of your "Brittish" legends are Americans. California Son was born in America and John Lydon is a naturalized American citizen and a huge Trump supporter c*** tit twat chipper curry Right Said Fred Bob Smith innn nnn nn nnnnn nnn nn n it.

John has another band called Public Image Ltd and they are still active

Parallel Moz - the Jews

Doing some Jew reading at the moment. about how Jews were always hated - if not for this, it's been for that. For their religion, their race or, since 1948, for their country. Reasons have changed but the hate has always been there. They have always provoked and attracted negative sentiments in people. Fear and insecurity. People watch the Jews and as they do they stare into their own existence, which as we know, always is a scary sight. The Jews and their story, which in a way is the story of humans, becomes a deeply existential experience. Certainly for the Western person.

Now, as I read about these things I can't help but to think of Moz. How he always generates hate and negative sentiments. There's something uncomfortable about him. I think that Moz through the way he is and what he is about provokes fear and resentment because it's too close to home. It rings too true. He has always been about a very universal basic experience of the lonely Western existence and for most parts we'd rather not hear about it.
Don't be so f_cking ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom