The Times: "Rick Astley on his latest unlikely sell-out venture — covering the Smiths with Blossoms" (September 30, 2021)

I haven't read the whole article (because paywall), but it starts as follows and the link is here:

"Rick Astley and Morrissey are not obvious musical bedfellows. One is among the most revered artists in British music history and the other is — well, Rick Astley.

News that Astley was teaming up with the Stockport band Blossoms for two concerts to play songs from the Smiths was a gift to social media. The ripostes came flying: from “Heaven knows I’m miserable now” to “Please, please, please let me get what I want”. “This is both funny and horrible and at the same time,” the Smiths’ guitarist Johnny Marr tweeted. Of course tickets for this week’s shows sold out in minutes."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Andy Rourke despises Morrissey. Claims he didn't get paid for co-writing "Yes I Am Blind" and "Girl Least Likely To". He said if you ask Morrissey for a pay raise, you get sacked.

Nobody should get paid for the abomination that is Girl Least Likely To

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom