The World Cup Thread

The development of Croatia over time is truly one of footballs finest stories of them all and how they destroyed England today. Masterclass from Modric and I felt Kane would let himself down and he sure did not passing it to Sterling who would have walked it in.
At least I'll not be gutted missing out on the celebrations over in England and would not really have been prepared for all that pomp and circumstance and everything that goes with it.
This was a new England returning to the old England and I can't see them do a Sweden and win the bronze against Belgium but this game between the sides will be played with the best on show of course.
A proper PL game to end the tournament for England.

I've never liked Southgate LOL (looks like a stupid inbred royalist hooligan bullying fellow students at Oxford).
*Pelican

the 80's called and wanted Southgate to return the stupid vest!

England created next to nothing after that first half. Croatia deservedly through to the final.

Another Belgium-England match that means next to nothing :D

Have the fans totalled England yet?

Any chance of a nice summer like Bradford 2001 and so on?

Come on boys let it all out!

England created next to nothing after that first half. Croatia deservedly through to the final.

I disagree and winning the bronze is a hell of an achievement, any type of medal is.

It's far better to win the bronze than lose the final and end up with silver, weird but true. No one gets over losing a world cup final as you know very well.

25i7m1e.jpg

Yep, England could have had finished them off by halftime.

I’m hoping for a French win in part because of Croatia’s Nazi past. At least the frogs just gave up.

Kane should finish with the Golden Boot though. Greasy Man and Mbappe would both need hatricks to draw level with him.

Free haggis for everyone!

HELP MA KILT

Reports from Ireland they've run out of Guinness but the girls are dancing like hell.

tumblr_mfdoagRCHh1s167qro1_500.gif

Yep, England could have had finished them off by halftime.

I’m hoping for a French win in part because of Croatia’s Nazi past. At least the frogs just gave up.

Kane should finish with the Golden Boot though. Greasy Man and Mbappe would both need hatricks to draw level with him.
Croatia nazis too?

Don't insult the serbs dude!

LOL

I disagree and winning the bronze is a hell of an achievement, any type of medal is.

I think I heard Slaven Bilic call it the rose medal the other night. That’s quite nice, isn’t it?

It's far better to win the bronze than lose the final and end up with silver, weird but true. No one gets over losing a world cup final as you know very well.
It isn’t, and I know.
1998 was for us a lot more frustrating than 2010.
2014 we couldn’t care less either although it was nice to beat Brazil.
Not at all like beating them in 2010 though.

Have the fans totalled England yet?

Any chance of a nice summer like Bradford 2001 and so on?

Come on boys let it all out!

The bins of the nation will be full of handgrenades by morning.

Oh, hold on. That’s Sweden. :paranoid:

I thought we beat ourselves just not doing the basics in the second half. Plus our strikers went missing.

Should have had them buried in the first half but that's football. It was blatantly all just issues of inexperience. They rolled around every time we were on top, went down over f*** all, argued everything, the ref bought it, they got a couple of chances on the back of that and we fell to pieces. You learn from that stuff, hopefully.

The bins of the nation will be full of handgrenades by morning.

Oh, hold on. That’s Sweden. :paranoid:
Nah, never in the bin. We eat them for breakfast here. A little rattle snake and barb wire on the side and you are good to go for another day.

Back
Top Bottom