The World Cup Thread

It's irrelevant, the English Premier League is about English football. It is not the United Nations Premier League.

I want everything for our English players, every opportunity, success and that comes from playing consistently and against other top players. This is a great time with Brexit, to put English players first, and I shouldn't need to be saying that English clubs should be prioritising English players, I wouldn't expect another country to be putting English players above their own players.

What a bland fantasy that is, We need a bit of flair and stardust from other countries to help improve our own players. Why don’t we just boot everyone who isn’t English out of England, shut down all them nasty Indian & Chinese restraunts and just get back to eating pie & chips.

What a bland fantasy that is, We need a bit of flair and stardust from other countries to help improve our own players. Why don’t we just boot everyone who isn’t English out of England, shut down all them nasty Indian & Chinese restraunts and just get back to eating pie & chips.
Get a grip. Nothing I am saying is wrong, it is common sense.

My dad called me today talking about the game last night and told me that we met Roy Hodgson in a London street when I was in my early teens and Roy was still managing a swedish side. I only vaguely remembered it and back then he was more famous here in Sweden.

So me and dad met and talked to good old Woy who of course speaks swedish and a host of other languages he picked up during his career.

The local Chelsea fan is a massive England fan as well but he was of course laughing a bit at the Spurs players which he felt explained why they did not go all the way. This on the day Chelsea finally sacked the wig Conte and I wonder if they as usual will be great with a new manager or if this will be the first time a new Chelsea manager won't be an instant success.

The Chelsea fan was wondering what kind of team they will have this season and I said to him that Hazard has had a bit of a world cup of his own playing in a different league and it would be weird if Real Madrid don't try and sign him. The Chelsea fan was clearly hoping Real Madrid will go for Neymar instead.

The only way forward!

LOL

Don’t start talking shit now, you’ve been sensible of late but England dominating the international scence for years to come? All the top sides in Europe have as strong, if not stronger squads than England plus that little bit extra know how and money in the bank in terms of history and winning major tournaments. Italy will be back stronger, Holland, Spain, Belgium will kick on, Germany, then you have the South Americans, Brazil & Argentina, they’ll come good next time around. Winning is embedded in their football culture.
With England, they need that monkey off their back, but it’s almost like they need a leg-up, the draw to open for them, stars to align, and it did, this was their shot. They had enough talent and enough experience to win it. We as a nation need to get accustomed to only celebrating when it matters, not throwing pints in the air and chanting its coming home after 6-1 vs Panama, i couldn’t believe the hysteria. But if all England fans want to do is to have a pint & a sing song while we roll over some shite side, then they’re in luck, I predict more of the same in the years to come.
I base it on the success for the youth sides and that has always been the spring board for other sides. It's not a certainty of course but the signs are there.

The idea that the Russian mobs bosses, Arab sheiks & other foreign 21st century tycoons who increasingly own Brit footie clubs are gonna get more “homegrown talent” is an interesting one :p
You forgot jewish oligarks and jewish businessmen from Lithuania living in America owning american sports clubs as well.
The academies will always be there producing talent and they make a lot of money from it even if the players end up elsewhere.

Yep he stayed rooted. Is that a new tactic we have? Losing World Cup Semi Final... few seconds to go... freekick...man down... don't send Keeper up!! We might lose two nil if we do .........:ahhh::ahhh::ahhh:

I'm DONE with England.

Yep he stayed rooted. Is that a new tactic we have? Losing World Cup Semi Final... few seconds to go... freekick...man down... don't send Keeper up!! We might lose two nil if we do .........:ahhh::ahhh::ahhh:

I'm DONE with England.
This heroes crap won't wash with me.

Kane, Dele can go get faked after this.

Player who most impressed me this time was Pickford. I would happily see him as Captain (gives the rest of the team a bollocking when he needs to) Trippier wasn't bad either.

I'm DONE with England.
I think everyone was already done with them but then the summer weather was better than ever and people were bored and the world cup was played not that far away and so everyone got onboard and supported them.
I still believe international football is a thing of the past and will never generate the wide interest it once did. I see it more as a summer festival and a bit like the famous swedish Gothenburg football tournament Gothia Cup when kids from all over the world have a bit of fun and a kick about during the summer.
The only thing keeping it alive is the fact it only takes place every 4 years so it would be weird if enough people weren't up for it. The next Euro in 2 years time is spread all over Europe and I suspect it was hard for any european country to host it alone economically and therefor the 2020 Euros will be the first ever tournament of its kind to be shared by countries all over Europe with the final being played at Wembley and I feel that Euro 2020 is made for England.

The local Chelsea fan was having a go at the Man United defence this past season yet United conceded 10 goals less than his Chelsea side. Just goes to show that fans can feel and think something that has nothing at all to do with reality.

I think Pickford WANTED to run up the pitch near the death moments, but Carrot Nose Southgate didn't want us to lose TWO Nil lol
Southgate may have a different vision for England (and some stuff has worked) but I don't agree with a lot of what he did this tournament. Kane was completely pointless last two games, so WHY play him?

Sometimes you need an outsider to give you advice and I was hearing over and over again, 'start Rashford'... NOPE... well done Gareth... well done...

I think Pickford WANTED to run up the pitch near the death moments, but Carrot Nose Southgate didn't want us to lose TWO Nil lol
I was missing Young for that free kick and instead Rashford took it cause Young had to go off earlier in the game. It was the typical way for England to lose control of the game and Southgate waited too long to bring on Dier and a few others.
The end with a player down cause of injury and all subs being used despite having the luxury of a fourth substitution in extra time was exactly the kind of chaos England always find themselves in.

Southgate may have a different vision for England (and some stuff has worked) but I don't agree with a lot of what he did this tournament. Kane was completely pointless last two games, so WHY play him?

Sometimes you need an outsider to give you advice and I was hearing over and over again, 'start Rashford'... NOPE... well done Gareth... well done...
Kane is easily the most overrated player since Bryan Robson.

Rashford is in his worst form if his short career. The guy has lost everything that made him great and it's obvious it is a mental thing.

Rashford is in his worst form if his short career. The guy has lost everything that made him great and it's obvious it is a mental thing.
Hence my previous comments about English clubs & English players. You can see Rashford wanted to make an impact and I think him starting or at least being in the majority of a game would have helped. Southgate had him start with the 2nd team... well done again Gareth... clap clap... Southgate kept saying he didn't want the players to have any regrets, well he's probably screwed up Marcus in that department... c***

Hence my previous comments about English clubs & English players. You can see Rashford wanted to make an impact and I think him starting or at least being in the majority of a game would have helped. Southgate had him start with the 2nd team... well done again Gareth... clap clap... Southgate kept saying he didn't want the players to have any regrets, well he's probably screwed up Marcus in that department... c***
Yeah me and Pilla actually talked about the fact that most sides in this world played virtually the same side game after game and Southgate did not dare change the system or players enough to make it to the final and Rashford from the start would have been interesting cause he had a few moments in that game when he looked quite sharp.
But we will never know.....

Yeah me and Pilla actually talked about the fact that most sides in this world played virtually the same side game after game and Southgate did not dare change the system or players enough to make it to the final and Rashford from the start would have been interesting cause he had a few moments in that game when he looked quite sharp.
But we will never know.....
I hope they get seriously smashed by England *cough* Belgium on Saturday. I want the anger to come back to people. I want us to forget about the England football team entering competitions completely. EPL or having successful English players... make your choice. :D

I hope they get seriously smashed by England *cough* Belgium on Saturday. I want the anger to come back to people. I want us to forget about the England football team entering competitions completely. EPL or having successful English players... make your choice. :D
The league is the bread and butter for fans and media and players and so on. People have been banging on for ages about how boring and meaningless international football is and the international break for 2 weeks during a league season sends some fans into suicide mode.
If international football disappeared I would not miss it one bit and there is of course the debate about how important can international football be when so few are in fact playing for their own countries. Zlatan was never swedish and never will be but he lived here but should of course have played for his parents side instead. He never sang our national song and always talked about the racism in Sweden and slagged off older swedes despite them being his biggest fans.
The same people wanting to end borders and nations are the ones making money from the world cup.

Back
Top Bottom