Morrissey Central "The World Will Listen" (April 22, 2021)

The Armond White article appears to stem from Jesse's tweet earlier:

Screenshot_20210422-025604~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
Related Tweets by Jesse - April 22/23, 2021

Screenshot_20210423-192248~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-035909~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-0400522.png

Click here to see all tweets.

You can be clinically obese without it being immediately apparent to others. I knew someone who went for a 'Well Person' medical examination and he was told he was clinically obese. I would have described him as 'tubby'. I've been tubby too. I'm having to be careful right now because I've been relatively inactive over the past few weeks and the scales don't lie.
i told you to get over here so we can do couples peloton. whats the problem!

I believe he's asserting that the weight digs were the harshest thing you can do to someone as it challenges/mocks how he sees himself, exacerbates self-esteem issues and that all can undermine at a deep level.
My guess anyway.
FWD.
I see, and so that also explains why he mentions Adele which seems kind of tone deaf. Thanks.

Body mass index = weight ÷s squared height , example weight 70 kg size 1.70,, it is a calculated thus =70/2.89 =24.2.When the index is 25 to 29.9 is overweight, if it is 30 or more is obesity, then there are degrees of obesity

The worst attack on Morrissey doesn't seem to be obesity. We all can see he is not obese. Anyway, who cares if he becomes obese? What it's actually hurtful is the baseless accusation of hypocrisy.
The Simpsons is not funny anymore, so what is it? A tool?

I'm pretty sure Morrissey cares.

And if you read the comments on this very forum more carefully you will find that some people are unable to differentiate whether he's obese or not, and care enough to repeatedly criticise him for his 'bloated', 'whale-like' appearance.
It's almost like they've never seen an actual obese person. Or a whale.

Not that it would be okay to insult him if he actually were obese. But for some reason the same people seem to think the fact that Morrissey has a history of commenting on people's weight in an unflattering way makes it somehow acceptable for them to do the same to him...?

Edit: If the last quarter of Autobiography is any indication he's been struggling with his body image for some time (he always has, but more so as he got older) and I don't find it surprising if the weight aspect was the thing that hurt him the most about the episode).

Last edited:

And if you read the comments on this very forum more carefully you will find that some people are unable to differentiate whether he's obese or not, and care enough to repeatedly criticise him for his 'bloated', 'whale-like' appearance.

Not that it would be okay to insult him if he actually were obese. But for some reason the same people seem to think the fact that Morrissey has a history of commenting on people's weight in an unflattering way makes it somehow acceptable for them to do the same to him...?
Well why is acceptable for him to call other people fatso? He can dish it out, he should take it.

This is beyond hilarious. Morrissey is accused of racism and his (and his guitarist's) concern is he was portrayed as fat.

Would it make a difference to you if he did? Because if so you can read the Der Spiegel interview and find that he blames the victims of both men. That is a form of support, right?

I don’t believe he blamed any victims; I do recall that he asked why a young boys parents were allowing the boy to go to adult parties... or asked where the parents were, or something. Oh, & what did these people imagine was going to happen when they went to the film producers hotel room for a meeting.

Fair questions, I’d say, & not evidence of ‘blaming the victims’.

Yeah.

The Simpsons creators will just smirk at that - they were right, he's with the deplorables now - & that's not his politics at all.

Edit - I'm still sick with terror about that video. He may as well leave LA forever if they repost that.
What video?

"Its just just as deep and is just as cruel when one is attacked for one's appearance"

Well Jesse, tell your employer not to dish it out if he cannot take it. You clearly haven't read his autobiography.

Moz said R Smith was fat... but then he apologized, well Moz is like that

Poor Moz, he thought the Simpsons were going to pay homage to him, which shows that he doesn't have bad thoughts, the mistake was not to distrust that they were going to insult him, poor Mozys, he's good

Shut up Jesse. You’re literally the worst musician Moz has ever worked with. Your “cancel culture” on social media by deleting and blocking those who leave “negative” comments about you and Moz prove what a pathetic hypocrite you are. Can’t wait to throw a Lisa Simpson plush doll at you on stage before Moz offs himself in Las Vegas.

Edit: If the last quarter of Autobiography is any indication he's been struggling with his body image for some time (he always has, but more so as he got older) and I don't find it surprising if the weight aspect was the thing that hurt him the most about the episode).

The fat thing probably hurts more because he'll feel it's true. Whereas everything else is lies & distortions.

BUT - the only thing that threatens his career is the racism allegations. If the industry believes it & it a lot of it does - then he won't get booked, or get positive mentions or coverage.

It's perplexing to me that they don't grasp that & take action!!!

The fat thing probably hurts more because he'll feel it's true. Whereas everything else is lies & distortions.

BUT - the only thing that threatens his career is the racism allegations. If the industry believes it & it a lot of it does - then he won't get booked, or get positive mentions or coverage.

It's perplexing to me that they don't grasp that & take action!!!

Yeah, I was surprised they didn't seem to take more offence at the meat eating and sausage shooting thing as well, because that seems to be what most fans felt was most inappropriate. But I suppose it's so far from the truth that it didn't hurt as much.

The thing about the racism allegations is that it was widely believed even before the Simpsons debacle and I don't think the episode makes a huge difference in that area.

I think they're just hoping for the wind to change, which seems delusional.

Can you remember when Morrissey walked off stage because someone threw a sausage at him in the early days? I'm not crediting the Simpsons crew with having done enough research to know this. There is a certain irony to Morrissey shooting sausages at his audience though, in this context.

Can you remember when Morrissey walked off stage because someone threw a sausage at him in the early days? I'm not crediting the Simpsons crew with having done enough research to know this. There is a certain irony to Morrissey shooting sausages at his audience though, in this context.

I think that's why they did it. To show he'd changed so much he was now throwing meat at his audience.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom