Morrissey Central "The World Will Listen" (April 22, 2021)

The Armond White article appears to stem from Jesse's tweet earlier:

Screenshot_20210422-025604~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Update:
Related Tweets by Jesse - April 22/23, 2021

Screenshot_20210423-192248~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-035909~2.png
Screenshot_20210423-0400522.png

Click here to see all tweets.

Yeah, I was surprised they didn't seem to take more offence at the meat eating and sausage shooting thing as well, because that seems to be what most fans felt was most inappropriate. But I suppose it's so far from the truth that it didn't hurt as much.

The thing about the racism allegations is that it was widely believed even before the Simpsons debacle and I don't think the episode makes a huge difference in that area.

I think they're just hoping for the wind to change, which seems delusional.

It's given it wider attention. I've got some actor friends in LA & the shock that he's a racist is now as much a topic of conversation in their arts scene as it was here when everyone was getting hysterical.

I think that's why they did it. To show he'd changed so much he was now throwing meat at his audience.

I agree, I think it was definitely a reference to that incident. It's been used in memes, so it's not too obscure. After all, they had so many "fans" on board, didn't they? 🙃

They're decadent, they drew Moz fatter than Homer S.Se mocked his veganism, something sacred to him, and accused him of being racist, but they discriminated against him for being overweight.. Contradictory and with low blows. Morrissey doesn't deserve that mistreatment, I wonder if there were any colleagues who came out to defend Moz and Johnny Marr ??? It would be nice if Johnny said something, wouldn't it
You'll hear nothing from that woke hipster mate. Not a sausage....it had to be said.

Johnny has been a complete waste of time for over 30 years now.

He's such a weird cat... he actually blocked me from his Twitter account. :rolleyes: I'd called out someone he was championing as being a Neo-lib bootlicker (I think that's what I said.) and he assigned the term to himself, oddly. Then he proceeded to attempt to mock me behind the locked account. Major insecurities, it would seem. Having said that, I don't know him personally and maybe he was just having (another) bad day.
Seems about right.

It's given it wider attention. I've got some actor friends in LA & the shock that he's a racist is now as much a topic of conversation in their arts scene as it was here when everyone was getting hysterical.
NOBODY outside of this site is talking about Melvis. See - ticket and record sales. ;)

The Simpsons did not try to cancel Morrissey the very notion is stupid. All Jesse Tobias is doing is defending his paycheck because he’s not that talented of a guitarist and Morrissey is probably his only income, Morrissey is not your friend Jesse because in his mind your just the hired help, just ask Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke they’ll tell you, plus nobody cancels Morrissey more then Morrissey himself. The man is a walking self sabatoge, he’s sabatoged his own career and then blames execs and the music industry or anyone else for it, he has the same narcissistic victim card as Donald Trump, they’re out to get me. Boo Hoo.

Last edited:
You can be clinically obese without it being immediately apparent to others. I knew someone who went for a 'Well Person' medical examination and he was told he was clinically obese. I would have described him as 'tubby'. I've been tubby too. I'm having to be careful right now because I've been relatively inactive over the past few weeks and the scales don't lie.
Your right here Dale...
My good self now tipis the scales at 12st 5lb
About 10 years ago a Doctor asked me to jump on the scales, I did then he looked me straight in the eye and said, your obese weather you like it or not...
I don’t think I was much more than what I am now..
I was furious when walking home as I’ve never been called a fat Bastard before.....
But as you say, you don’t have to look fat to be obese .

I'll never forget the way Nick spoke to me after his health check. He looked all forlorn and said that he was clinically obese. I told him he was tubby but not obese. He lost a bit of weight later on through stress. because he'd misappropriated his computer. at work.
Tubby????
4ck me Dale....
You have the sensitively of a
JCB 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Van Morrison in The Times today (the subject is lockdown):

“If I can write about it, I do. Poetic licence, freedom of speech . . . these used to be OK. Why not now? I don’t understand it. Some people call it a cult. It is like a religion. Whether anyone agrees with me or not is irrelevant. Just as there should be freedom of the press, there should be freedom of speech, and at the minute it feels like that is not in the framework. If you do songs that are an expression of freedom of speech you get a very negative reaction.”

Freedom of speech is fundamentally the freedom to offend. Receiving a negative backlash from something you've said is the essence of freedom of speech in action. The question then becomes, to what extent do the media owe you a platform.

They should have used Boris Johnson instead. He definitely would make a laughable character,
no far from reality.
th-1.jpg

Van Morrison in The Times today (the subject is lockdown):

“If I can write about it, I do. Poetic licence, freedom of speech . . . these used to be OK. Why not now? I don’t understand it. Some people call it a cult. It is like a religion. Whether anyone agrees with me or not is irrelevant. Just as there should be freedom of the press, there should be freedom of speech, and at the minute it feels like that is not in the framework. If you do songs that are an expression of freedom of speech you get a very negative reaction.”
Broke through some resistance today. Painlessly, I set them and myself free.

Just because I'm curious and haven't watched the episode: Is it true that, contrary to the writer's statement, they didn't incorporate any of Robert Smith's and Ian Curtis' traits into the Quilloughby character? Because that part seemed fishy to me from the beginning, as it was obvious from the promotion that he wasn't supposed to be 'generic gloomy 80s indie singer' but seemed to be based solely on Morrissey...
if they did incorporate robert smith the best way to attack him would have him with a bar of soap,guy looks filthy,him and soap are like long lost cousins that have never met.just my tuppence worth on this fine saturday morning.

Obesity is defined as 30+ in BMI. I’d suspect Morrissey has been obese using that definition

I agree that “The Simpsons” tried to cancel Morrissey. Which is a shame because the first half of episode is pretty playful and fair in satirizing Lisa’s “lonely superiority” by pairing her with an equal in the young Moz fantasy. The Moz quips are not unlike the real Moz of the time, but it’s all fair.

Also fair is the fact Moz enjoys insulting certain audiences verbally. I’ve seen him three times in Buffalo NY and he has essentially insulted the city (“So when are you going to leave Buffalo?”) and its residents by association. Then he leaves us to reconcile it with a great performance. So that criticism of him is fair.

What’s less fair is the weight gag. What’s completely unfair is the implication he’s a fraud vegetarian when his life has been dedicated to it. What’s possibly fair are his views on race, especially as expressed in song (“life is hard enough when you belong here”) and flirting with the right and ideas of English purity.
As usual with Moz it’s tangled and there’s contradictions to wrestle with.

I agree that “The Simpsons” tried to cancel Morrissey. Which is a shame because the first half of episode is pretty playful and fair in satirizing Lisa’s “lonely superiority” by pairing her with an equal in the young Moz fantasy. The Moz quips are not unlike the real Moz of the time, but it’s all fair.

Also fair is the fact Moz enjoys insulting certain audiences verbally. I’ve seen him three times in Buffalo NY and he has essentially insulted the city (“So when are you going to leave Buffalo?”) and its residents by association. Then he leaves us to reconcile it with a great performance. So that criticism of him is fair.

What’s less fair is the weight gag. What’s completely unfair is the implication he’s a fraud vegetarian when his life has been dedicated to it. What’s possibly fair are his views on race, especially as expressed in song (“life is hard enough when you belong here”) and flirting with the right and ideas of English purity.
As usual with Moz it’s tangled and there’s contradictions to wrestle with.

I am, once again, here to remind all of you that this entire unpleasant experience is the result of poor management.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom