The world's oldest music store Spillers Records bans Morrissey albums

Morrissey banned. Let the book burning's begin..

Spillers Records bans Morrissey music over his support for the far right - Wales Online
The world's oldest record store said it was 'saddened but not surprised'

Excerpt:

The world's oldest record store Spillers Records in Cardiff has banned Morrissey records from its store.

The shop, in Morgan Arcade, is refusing to stock the singer's releases because of his continued support for the far-right.

However, one place you won't be able to buy the album is Cardiff's much loved independent record shop Spillers.

Ashli Todd, the owner of Spillers said: "I'm saddened but ultimately not surprised that Spillers is unable to stock Morrissey’s releases any longer. I only wished I’d done it sooner.”

full

Spillers owner Ashli Todd (Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Difficult to argue with your point. However I think some of the recent hatred and race crime is not as well thought out as your very valid points. I have personally seen racism in my line of work and in various other places in the last few years and for some there is a tendency to only see the colour of the skin or name of the person to form an opinion that is nothing short of sickening to a fellow human.

And that’s exactly the point. And it’s campaigns like the ones Morrissey is endorsing that account for the some of the upsurge in recent, mindless race crimes. And for that reason alone, it’s baffling as to why anyone would support these campaigns, knowing full well, somewhere, some poor bastard is being beat up or verbally abused for no good reason.

And that’s exactly the point. And it’s campaigns like the ones Morrissey is endorsing that account for the some of the upsurge in recent, mindless race crimes. And for that reason alone, it’s baffling as to why anyone would support these campaigns, knowing full well, somewhere, some poor bastard is being beat up or verbally abused for no good reason.
In London the only people who suffer race attacks are white people.

This trend will soon be the future for the rest of England.

Difficult to argue with your point. However I think some of the recent hatred and race crime is not as well thought out as your very valid points. I have personally seen racism in my line of work and in various other places in the last few years and for some there is a tendency to only see the colour of the skin or name of the person to form an opinion that is nothing short of sickening to a fellow human.

:rolleyes:

theres racism in the dole line?:ha-no:

Lolllllllllll. Lies.
Many white people are attacked every day in London by blacks or gangs of blacks. Pick up any local paper and check out the description of the suspects after an attack. White gangs hanging on street corners in London are a thing of the past. They are extinct. All the white working class estates have been colonised over the past two decades by a mishmash of ethnicities, but strangely the gangs on these estates are mostly all black - with a few Middle Easterns or Asians thrown in depending on the area.

Whenever a black person is attacked in London it is always by another black.

If an elderly black woman was mugged and kicked about on the street by a white suspect in London I believe there would be riots that would make 2011 look like child's play. The whole thing would be hyped and politicized. Reverse the colours here and no repercussion happens at all.

Uncomfortable (but undeniable) truths.

Many white people are attacked every day in London by blacks or gangs of blacks. Pick up any local paper and check out the description of the suspects after an attack. White gangs hanging on street corners in London are a thing of the past. They are extinct. All the white working class estates have been colonised over the past two decades by a mishmash of ethnicities, but strangely the gangs on these estates are mostly all black - with a few Middle Easterns or Asians thrown in depending on the area.

Whenever a black person is attacked in London it is always by another black.

If an elderly black woman was mugged and kicked about on the street by a white suspect in London I believe there would be riots that would make 2011 look like child's play. The whole thing would be hyped and politicized. Reverse the colours here and no repercussion happens at all.

Uncomfortable (but undeniable) truths.

I can’t be arsed

Many of those people would be doing that anyway Morrissey or no. For Britain didn’t create racist people of tell them to do anything. Is there a way to oppose immigration or to be against Islam that won’t have racists emboldened. Any party that speaks out against Islam will be cheered on by racists

I think I figured that!

Some thing are too hard to think about.

I don't want to hear the truth, it depresses me. Now what time is Love Island on?

Not too hard. Just pointless when dealing with someone who exaggerates truths and tells flat out lies, to press your racist agenda.

“In London the only people who suffer race attack’s are white”

Why you saying that like it’s a fact? Only an idiot would believe it. You’re not honest in what you say, you need to gas up & embellish your arguments to make them sound truthful and convincing.

:Life catching up with us and we're all hypocrites' etc.... what were you on about?
I just meant that one can sit here and shout insults left and right but sooner or later that’ll feel pretty silly. Bound to turn into a stale, futile and empty experience. Not just for you, mind.
And everyone IS a hypocrite. Nobody’s untouchable. I don’t agree with the record store lady but to call her a hypocrite just because she doesn’t ban every wrongdoer in the history of pop music is not a strong argument.

Tags
california son info morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom