The world's oldest music store Spillers Records bans Morrissey albums

Morrissey banned. Let the book burning's begin..

Spillers Records bans Morrissey music over his support for the far right - Wales Online
The world's oldest record store said it was 'saddened but not surprised'

Excerpt:

The world's oldest record store Spillers Records in Cardiff has banned Morrissey records from its store.

The shop, in Morgan Arcade, is refusing to stock the singer's releases because of his continued support for the far-right.

However, one place you won't be able to buy the album is Cardiff's much loved independent record shop Spillers.

Ashli Todd, the owner of Spillers said: "I'm saddened but ultimately not surprised that Spillers is unable to stock Morrissey’s releases any longer. I only wished I’d done it sooner.”

full

Spillers owner Ashli Todd (Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too hard. Just pointless when dealing with someone who exaggerates truths and tells flat out lies, to press your racist agenda.

“In London the only people who suffer race attack’s are white”

Why you saying that like it’s a fact? Only an idiot would believe it. You’re not honest in what you say, you need to gas up & embellish your arguments to make them sound truthful and convincing.
You can't be arsed to face the truth. But you're not alone. A lot of people have that same problem. The truth is too horrific to confront so it must be denied.

Bowie was a Paedo!!

You can't be arsed to face the truth. But you're not alone. A lot of people have that same problem. The truth is too horrific to confront so it must be denied.

I told you you’re a f***in flat out liar, or you’ll take a truth and exaggerate it. You could’ve even said the majority of gang attack’s occur on white people, and that might have actually been true. But nope, you have to bend everything to make it fit. Do you know you’re only saving grace, I don’t actually think you know you’re racist.

I told you you’re a f***in flat out liar, or you’ll take a truth and exaggerate it. You could’ve even said the majority of gang attack’s occur on white people, and that might have actually been true. But nope, you have to bend everything to make it fit. Do you know you’re only saving grace, I don’t actually think you know you’re racist.
My two main points were this:

1) White people are attacked by blacks in London every single day (fact - go check).

2) When blacks are attacked in London it is always by other blacks (ditto).

Black gangs in London fight among themselves (often fatally). They also target whites on the street for money or for plain simple sadism. Most London comprehensive schools (not private) are now virtually all black and immigrant. The only whites many black kids ever connect with are their teachers, social workers or police so they view whites as an 'authoritarian enemy'. This is expressed on the street when they violently target them.

BTW: it is not 'racist' to have a discussion on this subject or state controversial facts.

Last edited:
I just meant that one can sit here and shout insults left and right but sooner or later that’ll feel pretty silly. Bound to turn into a stale, futile and empty experience. Not just for you, mind.
And everyone IS a hypocrite. Nobody’s untouchable. I don’t agree with the record store lady but to call her a hypocrite just because she doesn’t ban every wrongdoer in the history of pop music is not a strong argument.
What if you enjoy a good debate?

Too many bad people here taking their cues from a really bad person.

The first record they sold was a recording of a welsh farmer hurling his wellies and the splash from them landing in a puddle.

The only vinyl in the village!

I was at a gig in Cardiff last night. Thee Oh Sees. Fantastic live band. Anyhoo I can report there were a lot of people wearing Spiller's Records t-shirts and nobody wearing a Morrissey/ The Smiths one

I’m not being ignorant here but I really don’t keep up with those artists, but are they merely causing offence to their subjects, or are the inciting hate on a mass scale? That’s where the difference lies, at least for me anyway. We can be offended all we want by distasteful comments about the holocaust, or Bowie shagging a minor, or Spector committing murder, you could go through every artist with a fine tooth comb and she might aswell shut up shop, ban the Beatles too, they were probably on LSD when they wrote half their albums, is that questionable and potentially offensive behaviour too? I’m sure to some people it is. But do any of those offences I’ve just mentioned incite hate? Who gets the stick when Bowie shags a kid? Bowie gets it. Who gets the stick when For Britain & Tommy Robinson recruit new knuckle dragging followers? Some innocent bystander at a bus stop that’s done absolutely nothing wrong. That’s why she’s banned Morrissey, she doesn’t want no part of it, she doesn’t want the face of a far right advocater in her shop window.

OK, I know you genuinely enjoy winding people up on here (it's your time to spend as you see fit, so go for it!), but:

Obviously Bowie shagging a minor doesn't incite hate;
Obviously the Beatles taking LSD doesn't incite hate;
Obviously Phil Spector being a nutcase and killing someone doesn't incite hate;

Andy Partridge from XTC, however, extolling various Holocaust denial theories, is 100% feeding into a culture of anti-semitism and hate crimes against Jewish people. So unless Spillers bans XTC records then either Ashli Todd is a publicity-seeking hypocrite with her moral outrage about Morrissey, or she simply doesn't care about the rise of anti-semitism in the UK. Neither of which is a terribly good look.

(And please don't give me your delightful "I really don't keep up with those artists" nonsense - if that's the case, then a polite suggestion might be to spend less time arguing with people on the site of an artist whose views you despise, and instead discover some other music to fall in love with. Perhaps try the last track on the new Waterboys album out today? Genuinely one of the most gorgeous things I've ever heard!)

Tags
california son info morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom