There's nothing wrong with you

PUNKturedBIKE

Lovely Riah
Hands up who likes Maladjusted? The title track is my most played song this week, i really can't get enough of it, though much like other favourites old and new. Can't stand Alma or Roy or stomach Wide to Receive, i keep skipping back to Maladjusted today but Trouble Loves Me had me over 100 hits in a day not long ago. f***ing sterling.

I like 'Malajusted'. I even like the cover a lot. 'Trouble loves me' is one of these best songs.

The album cover is lazy, but Moz is working cute/hot (yeah yeah 8OMaGdzzz*) In all honesty i really like Wide to Receive...do i hear panpipesque action?
I even found myself singing He Cried in the shower..
"And so he froze where he stood
And he looked to the ground
And he cried"

In the words of a drunk person ""Tuuuuune!"

Last edited:
I don't understand why Moz doesn't seem to like this album. I wish I could see him singing some songs of this album on stage.

Maybe because it is so slated. Essentially the 2nd crap album after Vauxhall. Why carry on with audience art if the audience aren't interested?
Moz should open with Maladjusted now and then.

Why carry on with audience art if the audience aren't interested?

Because an artist doesn't have to take care of his audience, I really think. He just has to pursue his own desire. And personally, I like to be rushed and surprised by the artists I appreciate.

I'd say Ammunition is my favorite Morrissey song.

Maladjusted, the track, is also one of my favorites, I wish Moz would do more things like that... very disturbing...

Maladjusted is one of my favourite Morrissey albums.

I waited for the re-release so I don't know how the original version compares though.

And the Fulham Road lights stretch and invite into the night...

Great song, great album. Heavily underrated along with Southpaw. I love the b-sides as well. Papa Jack is the worst song IMO so I'm glad he left it off the reissue. Both Maladjusted and Trouble Loves Me easily make my top 10 solo songs and besides Papa Jack and He Cried I think every song on the album is great. Play some live Moz!:guitar:

The opening track is sheer brilliance, unfortunately I don't think the rest of the album lives up to it apart from a couple of tracks. But it's not as bad an album as the critics would have you believe.

This album has meant so much to me. It contains some of the rawest most powerful lyrics. I think the recent some people have such trouble with it is you really have to throw yourself into it. And it is harrowing. But then he brings it all back and you end the album with a stupid grin.

Papa Jack is shit though.

It really goes to show how varied and individual musical tastes are to read this thread, does it not? All of us are Morrissey fans and yet such difference...

For me, MALADJUSTED is not only one of my favorite Morrissey albums, but one of my favorite albums of all time and on my regular playlist, much to the lament of my nearest and dearest. :guitar: The only songs I don't leap for joy over on the album are "Ambitious Outsiders", although it is interesting lyrically, and "Papa Jack". Both catch me cold musically and even the lyrics cannot save them.

'Maladjusted' is such a rich song on all levels, the lyrics are to die for.

'Alma Matters' and 'Ammunition' are excellent ANTHEM songs, well applicable to all of life's most difficult moments.

'Trouble Loves Me', 'Wide To Receive', 'He Cried' and 'Sorrow Will Come In The End' are almost poetry to music. Especially: " I Don't Get Along With Myself, And I'm Not Too Keen On Anyone Else". "Please Fulfill Me, Otherwise Kill Me..."

"Roy's Keen" and "Satan Rejected My Soul" are just fun. Songs which put a smile on my face and lift sagging spirits.

Back
Top Bottom