"This charming Manchester: is Morrissey's city still recognisable?" - The Guardian

Very nice article, thanks.

P.

Thanks, noted a few pedantic errors, like the Hacienda gig was the bands 3rd gig, not 2nd and also the video cycling around the Lads Club wasn't originally filmed for There Is A Light....

Kun Aguero

Kun ain't good player he short and live off father in law for chips and gravy. He ain't the big cheese or the chief. I see no good in shady hamstrings. Robert De Niro wants his haircut back.

Kun ain't good player he short and live off father in law for chips and gravy. He ain't the big cheese or the chief. I see no good in shady hamstrings. Robert De Niro wants his haircut back.

what the

article very decent and funny comments below

makes me very happy to live in a wonderful, vibrant city.

Kun Aguero writes:

Interesting piece on the Manchester Morrissey sang about and Manchester today:

This charming Manchester: is Morrissey's city still recognisable? - The Guardian
by Alec Herron
Thirty years on from The Smiths’ only UK No 1 studio album, how do the band’s legendary evocations of 1980s Manchester compare with life in the city today? There’s only one place to start …

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey's city ?
I understand it when people say Lowry's Manchester/city, but Morrissey's do me a favour !
4k me the Bee Gees lived in Manchester years ago, do we say Robin Gibb's Manchester ?
Morrissey is to Manchester what Ringo is to Liverpool, nothing full stop.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Oh Mancheester so mun-chee to answer roquefort.

Morrissey's city ?
I understand it when people say Lowry's Manchester/city, but Morrissey's do me a favour !
4k me the Bee Gees lived in Manchester years ago, do we say Robin Gibb's Manchester ?
Morrissey is to Manchester what Ringo is to Liverpool, nothing full stop.

New Orders city for me. With Factory, Hacienda, Dry Bar, they at least had some investment in the city and still live in the area. Morrissey was simply born there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom