Thread for Bootleg Concerts- soundboard, VG audience only

good idea sky, if you don't mind heres the costa show with cosmic http://rapidshare.com/files/2557407296/morrissey costa mesa june 1_ 91.zip

info stolen from passions

1 June 1991
Pacific Amphitheater, Costa Mesa, CA

Interesting Drug
Mute Witness
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
November Spawned A Monster
Will Never Marry
Sing Your Life
Asian Rut
Our Frank
King Leer
Everyday Is Like Sunday
(I'm) The End Of The Family Line
There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends
Piccadilly Palare
Trash
Suedehead
That's Entertainment
/Cosmic Dancer
/Disappointed
The presence of all the cameras seemed to have an effect on the atmosphere in some portions of the audience, but overall, the crowd in Costa Mesa was almost as enthusiastic as in San Diego. Many fans managed to successly climb on stage to hug their idol and shake his hand.
After entering stage, Morrissey shouted "Hello! Halla!" and teased the cheering audience. In "Interesting Drug", he changed a line to "You wonder why I'm only half-ashamed". After "Sing Your Life", he asked "Should I say something? Or should I not say anything?". After "Trash" he said "Well you've been very kind... which is very unusual... so thank you". In "Suedehead", for the first time in a while, Morrissey sang "Oh so many blank pages" instead of "Oh so many illustration".

The main set was again completed with a rocking version of "That's Entertainment" with frantic ending. After that Morrissey supposedly took Boz's guitar and pretended to play, but this might have happened earlier in the set because after that song everyone left stage for a break. As an encore, Morrissey did his cover of T-Rex's "Cosmic Dancer", and followed it by "Disappointed" without giving the fans time to applaude in between.

The 18000 tickets for this concert were sold out in only one hour. Soundchecks of "Sing Your Life" and "There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends" filmed before this concert were shown on MTV a week later along with interviews of the band members.

This concert and the pre-concert activities outside were taped by Tim Broad to be shown on MTV, but at this point in time, only "Will Never Marry", "Sing Your Life" and "Mute Witness" were shown on ABC's "In Concert '91".

The live performance of "Cosmic Dancer" from this concert can be found on the "My Early Burglary Years" album, while "Trash" was released on the 2010 reissue of "Everyday Is Like Sunday".

The three songs shown on ABC's "In Concert '91" are commonly found on VHS and DVD bootlegs of various television appearances.

An excellent soundboard recording of the whole concert is circulated on a bootleg cd titled "My Chance To Shine". The source may be the Tim Broad recording mentioned above.

The whole concert is also available on a manufactured bootleg cd titled "There's A Place In L.A. For Me And My Friends". It was produced from the same recording and sounds just as good. The plus side is that the gig is paired here with a full aborted concert from 1 November 1991 and a selection of songs from 4 October 1991 (although credited as London 1992).

The audio for the three songs broadcast on television programme "In Concert '91" is available on the mixed-content bootleg "Angelic Upstart".

All the above is also available on the internet, along with a useless inferior sounding audience recording of the complete concert.

Cool. Not sure why my copy doesn't have it, but thanks all the same.

This is probably the best 1995 boot there is; it's soundboard and 320. But this is one large file and I have not split the tracks yet. It's a 320 conversion from the wave ripped from HipsterDisco's YouTube audio. The Smithstorrents link he credits for the original audio is an old torrent and it was coming in VERY slowly...very few seeders. So I just ripped the sound from his video.

When I split the tracks, I will re-up accordingly.

Drury Lane 1995

Malmo 2002

This is a really, really fun show and the recording is great...it's either soundboard or extremely good audience.

Unfortunately this is in 128, I've had it for years and don't know if a better quality mp3 upload exists. I've never looked because frankly the sound is so good in his case that I don't care about the bitrate, but I'm letting you know in advance it's 128. If you have better, please share.

There is an alternate recording of this show in FLAC on Smithstorrents and it's a decent boot by all means but although it's FLAC, the recording itself is a very noticeable downgrade from this one.

Roskilde 2004...

This link contains two boots of the same show...the FM broadcast as well as the full tape of the soundboard source it came from which has several additional songs not included in the broadcast.

VG audience only?

I knew people loved when I went to shows ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'll have to get out my scrapbook and see what recordings I have

-VG (in the audience) :)

this must go through your head every time you see someone else post.
"oh, somebody posted on solow… quick, let me think of something controversial so Viva will like me"

-MSGINGA

this must go through your head every time you see someone else post.
"oh, somebody posted on solow… quick, let me think of something controversial so Viva will like me"

-MSGINGA

Yep, that's it exactly. You've figured me out. So clever!

But what goes through your head? "I'm a marginally sociopathic loser and embittered former regular poster here; I'd better construct an alter-ego and pose as a rich ditzy blonde, because I blatantly hate myself."

Yeah? Somethin' like that, sweetie?

Yep, that's it exactly. You've figured me out. So clever!

But what goes through your head? "I'm a marginally sociopathic loser and embittered former regular poster here; I'd better construct an alter-ego and pose as a rich ditzy blonde, because I blatantly hate myself."

Yeah? Somethin' like that, sweetie?

825578235_1159900.gif

Back
Top Bottom