Morrissey Central "TIME IS NOT ON OUR SIDE" (August 24, 2021)

TIME IS NOT ON OUR SIDE

images-4_kfvnb7.jpg

CHARLIE WATTS
REST IN STRENGTH

Regards,
FWD.

While I am certainly not much of a Stones fan, I can appreciate how much of a genuine guy he was in a scene full of fakes and phoneys from what I have read. RIP. ❤️

Death comes for alll of us, the well
knowns and the unknowns, it shows no mercy.

🥁🖤 🥁

Stones cover in Vegas?

At last, CW got off the stage. Anybody would've thought Steven would be chuffed. He's just so mercurial, isn't he?

How good it is to have Moz!! All grateful for having our Steve Morrissey alive!!!. My special special singer I ask you to take good care of yourself and keep singing, I enjoy you every day!!!. No one but no one can say as much when he sings as Mozy!!!! Maddened by Mozuss :bow: :microphone: :bow: ❤️:bow::bow::bow:loca por Moz!

Endlessly cool and suave and an unbreakable backbone behind the nutters up front. Fantastic band, exquisite drummer. God bless him and may he Rest In Peace.

I love this quote from Charlie in a 1966 interview:

'You can sing about "sexual intercourse" all night long and it wouldn't draw any effect. But if the person who's singing it has got one of those faces that women like, then he's gonna be a big success. [chuckles] You see, that's the funny thing about it. It really is only your face, which makes this sort of life to me a bit shallow.'

There is a passage in Moz's book about the stones, on the lines of 'I never appreciated the importance / significance of the stones to myself until later in my life'

Reminder that it is never too late to do anything.

"In New York, Mick Jagger arrives backstage and extends the hand of friendship. It is a big moment for Johnny, but I, of course, am a nightmare of judgment, and it takes me years to understand the genius secret of the Rolling Stones. Dismissal can be a secret form of arrogance, and I held this proudly against the Stones until the light shifted and I caught myself being utterly wrong. The in-built censorship can also often be a substitute for not actually knowing any better, and I now agonize over my criticisms of the Stones – with blather that was anything but a true reflection of the facts."

I was close enough haha
"In New York, Mick Jagger arrives backstage and extends the hand of friendship. It is a big moment for Johnny, but I, of course, am a nightmare of judgment, and it takes me years to understand the genius secret of the Rolling Stones. Dismissal can be a secret form of arrogance, and I held this proudly against the Stones until the light shifted and I caught myself being utterly wrong. The in-built censorship can also often be a substitute for not actually knowing any better, and I now agonize over my criticisms of the Stones – with blather that was anything but a true reflection of the facts.

"In New York, Mick Jagger arrives backstage and extends the hand of friendship. It is a big moment for Johnny, but I, of course, am a nightmare of judgment, and it takes me years to understand the genius secret of the Rolling Stones. Dismissal can be a secret form of arrogance, and I held this proudly against the Stones until the light shifted and I caught myself being utterly wrong. The in-built censorship can also often be a substitute for not actually knowing any better, and I now agonize over my criticisms of the Stones – with blather that was anything but a true reflection of the facts."
I love this part of the book. Morrissey dropping the facade and the persona and just admitting that he was wrong and that he has regrets. Would like some more of that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom