Tour backdrop 'Pointing man' - Who is it?

Did people actually see the photos of Sacha Distel and Luchino Visconti?

The guy doesn't look like them at all.
This is Visconti:

vl01976a-ViscontiLuchinoDiModrone-19061102b-19760317d.jpg

At least noone says the guy looks like Pasolini.

Last edited:
not sacha distel...this guy looks far too i-talian. i think robert deniro might be the closest guess so far, although it's not him.

edit: not visconti either, unless his appearance changed dramatically at some point. not sure if i've seen pics of him at the age he would be here, but he certainly looked nothing like this in later years.

Last edited:
i asked boz on facebook last nite and he said he didnt know his name, although my initial reaction was a young robert deniro.

Did people actually see the photos of Sacha Distel and Luchino Visconti?

The guy doesn't look like them at all.
This is Visconti:

vl01976a-ViscontiLuchinoDiModrone-19061102b-19760317d.jpg

Was he born like this or was he possibly younger at some stage?

actually, looking at that pic kewpie posted, i'm thinking it might not be such a bad suggestion after all (i know, it was already posted when i posted my last reply, but i didn't see it until afterwards). i remembered him looking a bit different, but looking closer at this, it could maybe be a much younger visconti indeed... not quite convinced, but it's a possibility.

looking at both pics i also think its Visconti now

I'm quite sure it maybe Walter Chiari. an italian actor very popular in the 60s
off some pix i've found

what do you think?

Unfortunately, this backdrop bloke looks quite like my Dad, back when I was a kid. :o
Really hoping Moz switches this before London, otherwise it's gonna bring back some bad vibes for me :squiffy:

off some pix i've found

what do you think?

Could be. (I'm afraid the solution will be something very banal. Like "an Italian steel worker posing for the camera".)

I'm 95% sure -- good work Zither! The eyebrows give it away (see how they extend to the same level as the outside corner of his eyes).

off some pix i've found

what do you think?

I'm 95% sure -- good work Zither! The eyebrows give it away (see how they extend to the same level as the outside corner of his eyes).

BINGO!
The left hand photo from King Leer is, I think, conclusive.

Well done
Dave

Tags
backdrop backdrops pointing tour of refusal
Back
Top Bottom