Tour backdrop 'Pointing man' - Who is it?

just to beat kewpie at her own game - there's a discussion in the tour forum about this. no conclusions as of yet though.

Any ideas? Did Moz refer to it ?
Fed up with cigarred sailor and later the silver curtain?

My presumption so far is (a private pic of) Klaus Nomi sans make-up.

What do you think?

I don't think so; Klaus was far more angular, and he tweezed like crazy.

I'm amazed no one's cracked this one yet.

just to beat kewpie at her own game - there's a discussion in the tour forum about this. no conclusions as of yet though.

im just wondering about your avatar, do you like Bradford?? great band and from my home town, see Ian H the singer out and about quite a lot:thumb:

love em, and on a particular kick as of late. possibly one of the most under-appreciated bands ever, if you ask me.

yeah they are very underated, did you know Morrissey still owes Ian H about £30,000 in royalties for skin storm, so ive been told by one of his friends

haha didn't know that. a bit strange if true, i mean moz was obviously a big fan. maybe he should call mike joyce's lawyer ;)

skin storm royalties

as far as i know, artists don't distribute royalties. Publishers do.

Last edited:
Re: skin storm royalties

as far as i know, artists don't distribute royalties. Publishers do.

You are right. Any writer who hasn't received money from cover versions of their work need to have a word with their publisher, because they aren't doing their job properly. Morrissey certainly won't have received his share.

Saw the thread later on.

Since there is a chance the backdrop might be hanging around more often than just in Copenhagen and the more Moz-references-spotters/detectives the better, so General Discussion seems a good place for a thread about this.

Still wishing for a good pic of it to compare eyebrows and such ...

i actually saw after posting that you had posted there as well. and i agree that this is a better place to have it.

re:bradford, obviously artists themselves don't handle royalties, i was just thinking moz would maybe have pulled some strings if they indeed didn't get their share, seeing as he was obviously a fan.

An anonymous person on the front page posted his/her snapshot of the backdrop from their angle, if this helps any:

moz20kbhallen2015060920.jpg

To me, it looked like Mario Lanza :lbf:

Yeah, that DEFINITELY doesn't look like Klaus Nomi..

What does Mozzer do with these backdrops once tours are over, anyway?

Yeah, that DEFINITELY doesn't look like Klaus Nomi..

What does Mozzer do with these backdrops once tours are over, anyway?

He gives them to friends and family to use as dropcloths when they paint their walls.

I have one, but I accidentally kicked the can of paint over and now Edith Sitwell's face is just orange. If anyone needs to borrow it, call me, ok?

An anonymous person on the front page posted his/her snapshot of the backdrop from their angle, if this helps any:

moz20kbhallen2015060920.jpg

To me, it looked like Mario Lanza :lbf:

It looks a little bit like Robert De Niro.

But that would be silly, right?

You know, I could be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 7 here, but do you think it could be Steve Cochran, after whom Morrissey was named?

npgocg.jpg

Peter

I'm afraid Peter, the guy isn't Steve Cochran.

Shape of the face is very different.

You know, I could be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 7 here, but do you think it could be Steve Cochran, after whom Morrissey was named?

npgocg.jpg

Peter

I don't think it is (He was more handsome than the backdrop person, I think.), but that'd be a great idea! He should do that. His mom would enjoy his concerts more. :lbf:

Steve Cochran seems pretty close though. The closest we've had so far, imo.

Btw, what is Moz doing in that picture..:confused: :lbf:

Tags
backdrop backdrops pointing tour of refusal
Back
Top Bottom