Morrissey Central "TROUBLE LOVES ME" (April 3, 2021)

I referred to some previous posts where it was debated that Morrissey didn't owe as much to Whyte as vice versa. Also, if not surprisingly, the top arse-licker replied first: how not contacting Morrissey upon Sinatra / Faithfull covering Morrissey songs is an "insult"?? For all we know, Alain might have jumped up and down for days, he just didn't brag about it or contacted Morrissey. So what? Does Morrissey contacts Marr every time someone cover aa Smiths song?
Morrissey complaining that Alain did not show excitement at Faithful covering one of their compositions always struck me as spurious. Why? Faithful didn't cover it til 2008, long after Alain had left camp Moz. The Sinatra cover seems plausible enough though, coming out as it did in 2004.

Morrissey complaining that Alain did not show excitement at Faithful covering one of their compositions always struck me as spurious. Why? Faithful didn't cover it til 2008, long after Alain had left camp Moz. The Sinatra cover seems plausible enough though, coming out as it did in 2004.

I was joking about it being an insult - his autobiography was making a few whimsical comments about them no longer being on the same wavelength. He's never gone into realistic detail about anything.

We should all be so fortunate 😊

M will probably go on making records in the way he always has, whoever writes with him is fine at this point.

For me I wish he would do something a little more radical. Maybe a spoken word record, or collaborate with someone like Tom Waits writing the backing music.

M will probably go on making records in the way he always has, whoever writes with him is fine at this point.

For me I wish he would do something a little more radical. Maybe a spoken word record, or collaborate with someone like Tom Waits writing the backing music.
Time will tell.

That fact that he calls him "St*v*n" is repulsive, but he's repeatedly stated in recent years that he tried to coax Morrissey into working with him, so... 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yep. It’s like Tony Wilson who refused to call him Morrissey, going nowhere fast with that.

Maybe the person who posted this (Sam?) doesn’t know who Alan Whyte even is...

He should know who ‘saved’ his uncles life in 92-94, the same way
he should know who Marr is that supposedly ‘saved’ his uncles life in 82. With all these folks saving Morrissey you would think he should be grateful in return.. send them a tofurkey on Thanksgiving at least!

maybe he does.

:cool:

Again, not surprisingly though, high intensity Morrissey-arselicking is going on here. I'm not one of those who think of Alain with dew-y eyes, but he definitely saved Morrissey in 1992/1994. What could have been, should have been doesn't make sense. Yes, he might have achieved the same with other musicians but he didn't. He did with Whyte. Just like, if your wife takes care of you when you're ill, it's nonsense to say "yeah, any other woman would have done the same, had she been my wife". Possibly. It just shows again Morrissey's incapability to acknowledge others' influence. Which is again, nothing new.
Well, actually, he did. By that I mean that the work he did with other songwriters between 1992 and 1994 was at least as well received as the songs written with Alain.

For example, I mentioned that Mick Ronson was regularly hailed as the hero of Your Arsenal. The two songs co-written by Mark Nevin are both very high quality and I can't imagine the opening track sounding remotely similar if it had been produced by Clive Langer. That's not to criticize Alain as he co-wrote some fine songs, but he certainly wasn't considered the star of the album. And after the first two singles, some were predicting that Morrissey was finished.

And the songs co-written with Boz were crucial to Vauxhall and I. The hit single, the opening track and the closing track being a pretty significant part of the album's success.

And before anyone makes any suggestions of Morrissey-arselicking, he and Alain wrote big chunks of Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted together. Two albums that almost killed his career stone dead, and the main reason was due to Morrissey's substandard contributions.

Again, not surprisingly though, high intensity Morrissey-arselicking is going on here. I'm not one of those who think of Alain with dew-y eyes, but he definitely saved Morrissey in 1992/1994. What could have been, should have been doesn't make sense. Yes, he might have achieved the same with other musicians but he didn't. He did with Whyte. Just like, if your wife takes care of you when you're ill, it's nonsense to say "yeah, any other woman would have done the same, had she been my wife". Possibly. It just shows again Morrissey's incapability to acknowledge others' influence. Which is again, nothing new.
o_O

WTF Mevin? are you the Lebron of Extreme Drama??:drama::drama:

I think the music industry can be unforgiving. They're all supposed to be number one or the coolest & the press pretends every new style makes the previous one obsolete.

For example:

View attachment 70563

View attachment 70564
Have you read the stuff Paul Weller has said about Morrissey over the years? It is really nasty stuff and totally uncalled for because I think Morrissey is a fan of Paul Weller's group 'The Jam'.

I don't know anything much about James Blunt. I think he comes from quite a posh background. Not sure what his connection is with Morrissey?

The other guy you mentioned is a writer and broadcaster he works for the BBC. Not sure he has much connections with the music industry? I don't think it's about him trying to be cool he is a BBC man so he probably has to keep to the BBC line of thinking or risk losing his job.

I think the reason why some don't like Morrissey is to do with the racism stuff. Morrissey is NOT a racist at all but some people who don't really know him on a personal level believe him to be a racist or xenophobic or Islamaphobic or whatever. It is from what they have heard in the media. There is also the right-wing and alt right element. There is also the right-wing conspiracy theories and 'Truth' movement stuff. There was the 'Brexit' stuff. Morrissey is against mass immigration into Britain. There is the conservative and traditional element. I don't mean politically Conservative as in the Tory Party- I mean conservative with a small 'c' and traditional. Maybe someone like Damon Albarn doesn't want to associate himself with all that stuff? I don't think it is about Damon Albarn trying to be cool he is not a teenager anymore. Damon Albarn doesn't seem to understand why Morrissey has a home in California. It is like the "wrong think" stuff. If they think the wrong way they could be "cancelled" or have their careers ruined. There is a mainstream narrative that I think they have to follow on social media, the Internet and other forms of media. Morrissey explains it is to do with freedom of speech. I don't really understand it all.

Have you read the stuff Paul Weller has said about Morrissey over the years? It is really nasty stuff and totally uncalled for because I think Morrissey is a fan of Paul Weller's group 'The Jam'.

I don't know anything much about James Blunt. I think he comes from quite a posh background. Not sure what his connection is with Morrissey?

The other guy you mentioned is a writer and broadcaster he works for the BBC. Not sure he has much connections with the music industry? I don't think it's about him trying to be cool he is a BBC man so he probably has to keep to the BBC line of thinking or risk losing his job.

I think the reason why some don't like Morrissey is to do with the racism stuff. Morrissey is NOT a racist at all but some people who don't really know him on a personal level believe him to be a racist or xenophobic or Islamaphobic or whatever. It is from what they have heard in the media. There is also the right-wing and alt right element. There is also the right-wing conspiracy theories and 'Truth' movement stuff. There was the 'Brexit' stuff. Morrissey is against mass immigration into Britain. There is the conservative and traditional element. I don't mean politically Conservative as in the Tory Party- I mean conservative with a small 'c' and traditional. Maybe someone like Damon Albarn doesn't want to associate himself with all that stuff? I don't think it is about Damon Albarn trying to be cool he is not a teenager anymore. Damon Albarn doesn't seem to understand why Morrissey has a home in California. It is like the "wrong think" stuff. If they think the wrong way they could be "cancelled" or have their careers ruined. There is a mainstream narrative that I think they have to follow on social media, the Internet and other forms of media. Morrissey explains it is to do with freedom of speech. I don't really understand it all.
I think Andrew Collins (who Nerak mentions) is a writer and broadcaster for the BBC. Did he also write music reviews in the past? Unless it is someone else called Andrew Collins? I take from what Nerak is saying that Andrew Collins isn't a Morrissey fan?

As far as I know James Blunt has always been supportive of Morrissey and he has even defended him the past which was a brave move. James Blunt seems to be his own man he doesn't follow the crowd.

I meant *Islamophobic* not Islamaphobic it was a typo. Morrissey is NOT that. Morrissey has Muslim friends and fans and I think he might of had a girlfriend called Tina who was maybe from a Muslim background not totally sure though.

I think Andrew Collins (who Nerak mentions) is a writer and broadcaster for the BBC. Did he also write music reviews in the past? Unless it is someone else called Andrew Collins? I take from what Nerak is saying that Andrew Collins isn't a Morrissey fan?
Yes, it is the same Andrew Collins and he wrote for the NME and other music publications.

He liked Morrissey, but hated the band in 1991 and the We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful single.

Yes, it is the same Andrew Collins and he wrote for the NME and other music publications.

He liked Morrissey, but hated the band in 1991 and the We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful single.
Thank you for the info. Do you know what Andrew Collins thinks of Alain Whyte?

I just meant it's fairly normal in the music industry for people to say nasty things about each other because it's highly competitive.

I reckon it is a joke around Moz Angeles that Al just moved to his little house in Pasadena that he can barely afford to be closer to California Son in Malibu, but now I reckon there have been allegations of stalking, so I reckon we can put Al into the category of all the loonie delusional foreigner stalkers on So-Low mate chipper curry fek'll fake airbnb beach mouth flower house twat inn n nn n n n n n n nnn n nnnn n it.

Fark Arse!

Completely agree. Al has probably been posting on this site for years under the name of Ketamine or Carlisle.

I reckon blikey lot m8 colour. I reckon I remember when Al first moved to Pasadena and he wanted to impress California Son so much that he went down to the Venice Beach courts wearing just Levis 501 cut off shorts and 1950's classic Americana James Dean motorcycle boots and tried to dribble a basketball, dude sucked so bad and California Son Junior was there taping it on his Iphone. I hope California Son Junior tells one of the interns at the Rancho Cucamonga office to post it on California Son Central. It would be so too right bloomin onion fark twat tit funny inn nnn njnnnj nn n nnnn n nn n it. Throw another scrimp on the barbie mate!

Air Morrissey.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom