TTY: Bombing Syria Is None Of Your Business - art piece by Sam Esty Rayner

An anonymous person sends the link:

Bombing Syria Is None Of Your Business - true-to-you.net
4 December 2015

art_piece_by_sam_esty_rayner.jpg

art piece by Sam Esty Rayner
Morrissey, Asuncion, 4 December 2015

I thought the "up yours" gesture was equivalent to a middle finger, but I suppose you all must find SOMETHING to bicker about. So here's my two cents that nobody asked for: I wouldn't be surprised if this pic was done on a mobile phone app with a little auto-correct, saturation and B&W filters. With text added smack on top. Now the text "World peace is none of your business" with the f*** you/up yours gestures, it totally fits. Johnny Cash in his life had many ups and downs successful songs drugs alcohol. Then he met the love of his life June. He sang in prisons did gospel songs and his songs from then on had a message of redemption just listen to man in black. Morrissey on the other hand has always told us about the ills of the world that we could easily avoid for instance, on our plates. I was just listening to the Christmas radio and heard "Do they know it's Christmas" and remembered morrisseys band-aid comments about how they were asking the wrong people for money when the queen could easily solve the problem by selling off one of her gilded carriages. World peace shouldn't be your business if you're too stupid to see that everything is planned and manipulated by those with power. Cash knew, Moz knows Do you?

But whatever.

So, so true. Morrissey knows, Brand knows, why don't you? It's the right wing - the evil old white men who only care for the,selves. Morrissey is trying to lead us on a path to knowledge, to freedom.

Overthrow this government of evildoers. Speak to our brothers around the world and negotiate peace. Share the wealth by taking it from the bankers. By force if needs be. That is the way. Morrissey is trying to tell you.

The press control you -it's the media stoopid! Look what they try to do to Corbyn and livingstone. But they can't win!

These pieces or peaces of art as I like to call them are a call to us all to rise up against the likes of Thatcher. Cameron, Blair and bush!

Use your LOAF!

moz takes a couple or shots of tequila and thinks hes been elected to the house of lords.

you are so right lets take the money from the 'bankers' with force if necessary and give it to the nice terrorists.
life as mozbot.

This is as good as anything Andy Warhol did.

Poet, I don't know you, but one thing I have noticed about you is that you're a very enthusiastic and loving fan, and that's good, but this statement is INSANE. I LOVE Warhol, he is one of my favorite artists. Nothing against Sam, but really, you have to admit this could have been done by anybody. I'm not saying this picture isn't art, because art is in the eye of the beholder, but...well, you get what I'm saying, right?

Poet, I don't know you, but one thing I have noticed about you is that you're a very enthusiastic and loving fan, and that's good, but this statement is INSANE. I LOVE Warhol, he is one of my favorite artists. Nothing against Sam, but really, you have to admit this could have been done by anybody. I'm not saying this picture isn't art, because art is in the eye of the beholder, but...well, you get what I'm saying, right?

First I thought it was Joe Pesci, then I saw the guitar. I would not call it an art. It's just cut and paste that any average preschooler can create. I am not a fan of Sam's "art" either. His skinny lingerie models are not hot, they are utterly boring bitches. He totally f***ed it up with the Kiss me a lot video. Good song - stupid video. Morrissey would fire him if they were not related. But hey, there are worst things in life.

Cash.....Morrissey....cash......morrissey....Morrissey needs more cash? Is that the message of the art? Meme prayers? Meme Cone of power? :p

I wonder if Sam's Grandpa-in-law is comfortable with this art?

I bet Morrissey is gonna do Cash's cover next. I can just see him pickin' and grinnin' to I walk the line. I bet my left testicle on it.
Don't get me wrong. Although I despise country music, I think Johnny Cash was a classic and his songs I can tolerate. But the thought of Morrissey, the legend of alternative music, is going to do country or Elvis' covers is just making me ill.

moz takes a couple or shots of tequila and thinks hes been elected to the house of lords.

you are so right lets take the money from the 'bankers' with force if necessary and give it to the nice terrorists.
life as mozbot.

Moz is getting exactly what he wants. By posting something absurd pretty much everyday, he keeps us all involved in the banter. Don't forget, there is no such thing as a bad publicity.

there is no such thing as bad publicity when you actually happen to have a career which at the present time great leader does not have.
he really has nothing to publicize. maybe draw attention AWAY from the little book. could be a form of anti publicity.

I bet Morrissey is gonna do Cash's cover next. I can just see him pickin' and grinnin' to I walk the line. I bet my left testicle on it.
Don't get me wrong. Although I despise country music, I think Johnny Cash was a classic and his songs I can tolerate. But the thought of Morrissey, the legend of alternative music, is going to do country or Elvis' covers is just making me ill.

Morrissey has already done Elvis covers. A medley of 'His Latest Flame'/'Rusholme Ruffians' was a live staple for The Smiths.

there is no such thing as bad publicity when you actually happen to have a career which at the present time great leader does not have.
he really has nothing to publicize. maybe draw attention AWAY from the little book. could be a form of anti publicity.

When you've got a minute could you please rewrite this so we can make sense of it ?
Thanks.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I admire Morrissey so much because NO one stands up for the abused and opressed
Like he does because he understands how it feels. Instead of cowering in a corner he gets up and is brave and loud and sensible. Typical response for two faced fans on this site is to make fun of him and think you are so clever by saying the same thing over and over. There are about maybe 10 people on this site that use him for their own sadistic abuse. There are thousands upon thousands like me that love him, he is one of kind haters.
Good for Morrissey because ISIS are such big fans of Humansexuals.

Morrissey has already done Elvis covers. A medley of 'His Latest Flame'/'Rusholme Ruffians' was a live staple for The Smiths.

ELVIS COVERS ALERT: Plus The Smiths covered 'A Fool Such As I' (Unreleased) and Morrissey has recently covered 'You'll Be Gone'. LONG LIVE THE KING!

It just struck me that (besides everything else) this nonsense is being advocated and encouraged by the man who took such care over colours, fonts, and quality of image on Smiths sleeves. It's indicative, again, of a person genuinely losing their marbles. I feel sadness about that.

Indeed, a point I've also raised many times in these forums. So hard to fathom where Morrissey's artistic sensibilities went to. He used to care - nowadays he clearly does not.

I remember in wonder, looking through peepholism, for the process in which the records that I had held at so many times and saw just the thought and care in how they had been made. I wonder, could a peepholism be made for the last 20 years that would be as inspiring?

It just struck me that (besides everything else) this nonsense is being advocated and encouraged by the man who took such care over colours, fonts, and quality of image on Smiths sleeves. It's indicative, again, of a person genuinely losing their marbles. I feel sadness about that.

This is easily answered. Before word-processing fonts and computer art packages were widely available, using obscure fonts etc, was a way of Morrissey signifying his elevation from Herd Culture. Once it became democratized by ubiquity, he lost interest. The sad reality after 'List of the Lost' is that he is now reveals as just a magpie, cherry-picking historic signals in an attempt to suggest literacy prowess. We now know there was nothing of real substance behind these facades. He appropriated Rebel Outsider Art to claim he was a credible successor to past Outsiders. After #ProfitFromParis and #TSAisthenewISIS it's now obvious he was a chancher and a charlatan all along.

best
BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom