TTY: Buenos Aires - Morrissey statement on Buenos Aires Dec. 9 show and Madonna; Jesse Tobias photo

An anonymous person sends the link:

Buenos Aires - true-to-you.net
10 December 2015

Photograph below of Jesse Tobias with two audience members after Morrissey's 9th December show at the Opera Theater. Many rows of seats were smashed during the show, and the band described it as one of the best of their lives.
Meanwhile, McDonna, wearing a dead animal on her head, sings out-of-tune on the streets of Paris to 60 people ... who offer fake applause ... and this rotates on the UK television news as worthy of national interest. The world is indeed full of crashing bores ...

Morrissey
Buenos Aires
10 December 2015

buenos_aires.jpg

We can always rely on them....

Yep, colour me shocked, the protected species of m-solo strikes again with predictable obsession. Again, why bother following someone you dislike so closely only to spew nothing but negativity over and over? It really only comes down to the possibility of 3 reasons - an unhealthy obsession boarding on mental illness; encouragement by the powers that be from this website to behaviour in such a manner; or, complete and utter egotism to feel you're somehow "getting one back" at Morrissey in some personal vendetta - which just comes across as so f***ing petty and childish. How do any of these people look at anyone they know in real life in the eyes and call themselves an adult? I'm willing to bet if the people who know them in real life saw the way they carried on on an internet forum they'd be embarrassed for them. You don't like Morrissey? Great! So what? Just leave it and go and do something more constructive and productive with your own life.

Again, this has nothing to do with not being able to say something negative about Morrissey. God knows he provides enough ammo for that. But there is a clear difference between a fan who can objectively make negative comments and those who just circle like vultures.

You don't like Morrissey? Great! So what? Just leave it and go and do something more constructive and productive with your own life.

Again, this has nothing to do with not being able to say something negative about Morrissey.

Eh? So are we or we aren't allowed to say anything negative about Morrissey when he acts like a twat? I'm genuinely confused after reading your post. Which is it?

Many rows of seats were smashed during the show, and the band described it as one of the best of their lives.

I'm sure the venue were thrilled.

Meanwhile, McDonna, wearing a dead animal on her head, sings out-of-tune on the streets of Paris to 60 people ... who offer fake applause ... and this rotates on the UK television news as worthy of national interest. The world is indeed full of crashing bores ...

Why is he so concerned about the press coverage another singer gets in a country he doesn't live in?

Perhaps if he had a record deal and hadn't boycotted the UK, the media there would take more of an interest in him. Instead, he has thrown himself into self-imposed irrelevance - but of course, it's always the rest of the world's fault.

Nice to see him touring that staunchly vegan of countries, Argentina, too. It's a good thing animals aren't hunted there, otherwise they'd join Canada on the boycott list.

Glad to see Jesse looking so happy. I have a lot more time for him now after seeing that photo. He rarely seems to smile on stage.

Last edited:
I'm sure the venue were thrilled.

Why is he so concerned about the press coverage another singer gets in a country he doesn't live in?

Perhaps if he had a record deal and hadn't boycotted the UK, the media there would take more of an interest in him. Instead, he has thrown himself into self-imposed irrelevance - but of course, it's always the rest of the world's fault.

Nice to see him touring that staunchly vegan of countries, Argentina, too. It's a good thing animals aren't hunted there, otherwise they'd join Canada on the boycott list.

yeah the ban of Canada bothers me so much, like it's such a hypocrite thing to do :(

The only reason Morrissey boycotts Canada is because it's part of a PETA campaign. If PETA told him to stop playing in Argentina and boycott the country, he wouldn't play there.

Desperation is such an unappealing look.

And I'm not referring to Madonna.

The only reason Morrissey boycotts Canada is because it's part of a PETA campaign. If PETA told him to stop playing in Argentina and boycott the country, he wouldn't play there.
Im going to have to disagree with this, if PETA boycotted Mexico he would sweep it under the carpet. He is definately selective.

(Nice try to *raise my interest*. I'll take the bait because, just like you, I am a *material girl*.)

He's just jealous because she gets to hug foreigners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf2VvTfxUis

I see nothing wrong with her continuing support, except she could have made a fire and brought marshmallows.

Long live this particular bullfighter. - Morrissey, do stop drinking, dear. And don't forget Uragay...

Luz y Paz a todos... Hi Jesse! :)

Im going to have to disagree with this, if PETA boycotted Mexico he would sweep it under the carpet. He is definately selective.

Seriously. If something similar happened in Mexico, Argentina or some south american country where he knows he's still popular, he would definitely ignore it and keep visiting that country

I don't know. Wrongly, I've always gravitated toward the desperate.

Though DeathDonna has all the look of street sweeper chic ..out there busking, she has no shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a5qRguWWI

You are such the Morrissey apologist. Madonna is terrible, but there's no denying her staying power. :lbf:

This reminds me of a conversation I had with the drummer from Journey, who used to be a regular customer at the pub I worked at.

Me: "If you guys brought back Steve Perry, you could sell out arenas every night."

Him: (incredulously) "We do sell out arenas every night!"

Me: "In America?"

Him: "Touche!"

Both: Laughter.

We are in the fat Elvis years. Only, Elvis never took to the media with his hand outstretched.

Yep, colour me shocked, the protected species of m-solo strikes again with predictable obsession. Again, why bother following someone you dislike so closely only to spew nothing but negativity over and over? It really only comes down to the possibility of 3 reasons - an unhealthy obsession boarding on mental illness; encouragement by the powers that be from this website to behaviour in such a manner; or, complete and utter egotism to feel you're somehow "getting one back" at Morrissey in some personal vendetta - which just comes across as so f***ing petty and childish. How do any of these people look at anyone they know in real life in the eyes and call themselves an adult? I'm willing to bet if the people who know them in real life saw the way they carried on on an internet forum they'd be embarrassed for them. You don't like Morrissey? Great! So what? Just leave it and go and do something more constructive and productive with your own life.

Ive said it before. This site represents a high in interactive trash-tabloid culture, where the subject is fascinating, even if he (or because he) is a train wreck.
Love him or hate him, he evokes a passionate response, and after years of high points, the lows are amazing. What other artist has so thoroughly demolished their own reputation in the span of a few short years? There is a hypnotizing mental illness at play here, with fan and performer alike playing their own intriguing roles.

Ive said it before. This site represents a high in interactive trash-tabloid culture, where the subject is fascinating, even if he (or because he) is a train wreck.
Love him or hate him, he evokes a passionate response, and after years of high points, the lows are amazing. What other artist has so thoroughly demolished their own reputation in the span of a few short years? There is a hypnotizing mental illness at play here, with fan and performer alike playing their own intriguing roles.

Of course, some people want to ignore the overriding reason why there's a lot of 'negative' comments compared to praiseworthy comments - there's been a total dearth of anything praiseworthy recently. If there was something worth praising - a great album - a great book - something great - then the praise would flow. In many respects, the decline of praise is a direct reflection of the lack of quality output from the subject line man. By the way, I 100% guarantee you are going to get some replying to this very post crying foul, saying bullshit, there are people who will complain no matter what the output. The evidence is against them, and there is always, always a lack of specifics. Incoming in 5...4...3...

Last edited:
Of course, some people want to ignore the overriding reason why there's a lot of 'negative' comments compared to praiseworthy comments - there's been a total dearth of anything praiseworthy recently. If there was something worth praising - a great album - a great book - something great - then the praise would flow. In many respects, the decline of praise is a direct reflection of the lack of quality output from the subject line man.
Of course, some people just want to ignore what the real reason is or they are just to shallow to understand. Moz has had a number 1 book, a top 2 record and a world wide succesfull tour at a 100,000 £ a night fee in the last year and a half, for God's sake!
Surely more to cheer about than in, say 1997, yet here we are.
The sour 50-something hypocritical trolls have taken over this site, aided by moderator and site owner alike.
You are sleeping, you do not want to believe.

Last edited:

" those who keep positing a theory similar to that involving Paul McCartney in the late 60s, in which the nonpareil performer and lyricist who fronted the Smiths passed away some years ago and was covertly replaced by a stand-in who looks like Morrissey and sounds like Morrissey, but gives the game away by dint of the fact that he appears to be an idiot. It pays no heed to anyone who suggests that there's something genuinely depressing about seeing a man who could once rightly claim to be a genius reduced to being rock music's answer to an internet troll, flaming away then whining on about free speech and how there's a vast conspiracy against him when anyone picks him up on it. It points to the way he brilliantly put the 2011 Norway terrorist attacks into perspective as "nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's every day" – a rightwing Islamophobe extremist murdering 77 people because he hated multiculturalism being entirely analogous to eating a sweet chilli crispy chicken wrap – and asks: does that even remotely resemble the kind of thing a moron would write in the comments section of a website?"

Morrissey
: from rock genius to internet troll

"His comments on the Duchess of Cambridge's pregnancy and Jacintha Saldanha's suicide sound like a global conspiracy from a man who hasn't changed out of his dressing gown in four days..."

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...2/dec/13/morrissey-rock-genius-internet-troll

album and book sold almost nothing. in his wildest dreams does moz make 100 000 quid a gig. most of his performances this last tour were in the 800-1500 seat range.
given the fact that each gig is followed by a 5 day stay at the luxury hotel and that he made no money on the book or cd, my figures show him broke and needing money. poor moz.

The thing is, I'm not even saying people shouldn't say anything negative about him. I say negative things about him. He's easy to take the piss out of and it absolutely shouldn't be 100% nothing but praise. What gets me are the people who are here not to actually engage in any kind of constructive discourse (whether it be positive or negative) but people who simply want to do nothing but feed their own ego and shit on everything. Half the posts these people write could be pre-written before anything is even posted on the front page.

It's insane that they have this figure in their life that is Morrissey and they denounce him so absolutely and completely yet they just cannot for the life of them just let it go and walk away. I've been told that if I don't like what they post that I should walk away, but the thing is I'm not here for their shit. What keeps them here is either unhealthy obsession with Morrissey, an unhealthy obsession with their own ego, or encouragement from others to post that way. I don't believe these are genuinely passionate responses being evoked by these people. It's an agenda fuled by one those drivers.

The simple solution would be that if they want to continue shitting up the place then they should be free to do so, but made to sign up to an account to do it. This gives people the option to individually block them out. It's a perfectly reasonable solution. But one that is brushed aside for what can only be devious reasons. So passionately evoked responses are great, but I don't believe that is what we are getting. We are instead getting to see the manifestation of either unhealthy obsession or an agenda at work. Or both.

Morrissey has shown the mass murder in Paris means nothing to him except publicity. First trying to get in the limelight with ITMAAP reissue and now with his professional jealousy of Madonna. Did Morrissey ever designate what charity he wanted the reissue to go to? Or did the idea of charity (other than for animals) put him off?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom