TTY: Glastonbury Festival is not animal friendly

Re: True to You: Glastonbury

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_150409_01

9 April 2015

Glastonbury Festival is not animal friendly

barbarism begins at home

Last year the artist Banksy burst into the Glastonbury Festival with his very clever moving art-piece called Sirens of the Lambs, which shows the screaming faces of lambs crying out from a truck bound for slaughter of the most unimaginably corrupt and vicious savagery.
Michael Eavis, the gentlemanly God of Glastonbury, was not impressed.
"Is it some kind of animal rights thing?" he asked, pretending not to understand what the rest of us saw so clearly. No, Michael, it was a preview of the UK entry for the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest…

"Our cows are actually very happy," Michael Eavis, now suddenly Dr. Dolittle, assured reporters, "they have the highest milk yield in the county."
What Michael Eavis meant by this statement was: WE are economically very happy because our cows have the highest milk yield in the county. No Glastonbury cow was available for comment, and no cows were heard laughing. Dr. Eavis equates milk yield as a sign of happiness, we note.

In order to 'have the highest milk yield in the county', a cow must be persistently 'raped' against its will (a logical assumption), or it must be artificially inseminated from the age of 13 months onwards, or injected with bovine growth hormone. The latter is banned (that is, frowned upon) in the UK, but since farmers pay no heed to the law when it comes to gassing badgers, shooting foxes or hunting, then we're safe to assume that the bovine growth hormone practice continues. In the UK, the farmers' financial gluttony is unassailably up there with the holy scriptures.
Dairy cows are not allowed to not be in lactation because then their milk production decreases and they do not produce enough milk to justify the cost of their board and lodgings. Therefore, cows are repeatedly raped and raped and raped … which Michael Eavis presumably thinks is a great way to make sentient beings happy. Dairy cows are only allowed to live for as long as they are useful to the farmer, which is about 4 years. If left alone, the cow could live for 20 years.
I assume that the dairy cows at Glastonbury who no longer yield milk are brought into the home of Michael Eavis and allowed to sit down and watch Emmerdale until they gently pass away in their later years, because, after all, Michael insists that Glastonbury cows are "very happy."
In truth, of course, as soon as a cow is a substandard producer of milk, she and her friends are sent off to have their throats slit.
We can easily imagine Michael Eavis waving the cattle truck off, and we can see his cows being "very happy" about that, and waving back to Michael.
A male calf produced by a dairy cow is immediately shot, or raised to be murdered for beef, or allowed no daylight during its entire short lifespan where it is trapped in a crate, unable to move, and thus the creation of veal. After calving, newborns are hit on the head with a hammer or pulled away from their mothers after just one day together, which causes explosive stress to both mother and baby. Does Michael Eavis approve of this? It appears so. Milk is worse than "meat" because on dairy farms the cows are tortured for YEARS before they are killed. Calves are pulled away from their mothers by dragging the calf with one leg, both mother and calf in a state of chaotic distress.
Does Michael Eavis at his Glastonbury Farm accommodate any cows at all that do not yield money his way? I doubt it. Off with their heads!
Does Michael Eavis care about the insane environmental damage caused by dairy farming? I doubt it. To hell with the environment! People who do not care about animal rights usually do not care about human rights. It naturally follows.
Should you actually agree to play at the Glastonbury Festival you might find visual arts expert Michael Eavis meddling with your presentations. In 2011 I played Glastonbury and attempted to sing the song Meat is murder. Behind me, a screen that usually shows the many evils of factory farming remained blank. I was told that Michael Eavis had stopped the screening of the film because it wasn't indicative of how his dairy farm operated. He didn't quite understand that the poor souls in the actual film did not want to be there in the first place. Michael Eavis also went on to justify banning the film by saying it would "upset" younger people. What Michael Eavis was saying, in effect, was:

it's OK for our belly, but not for our eyes … and at all costs don't educate anyone on animal cruelty because it might damage the financial profits of our happy Glastonbury Farm.

If he had thought the film gave an incorrect view of dairy farming, he wouldn't have cared if the film had been shown, but he banned the film because he knew the film was truth.

Like most animal haters, Michael appears to be one of those people who love dead animals, yet hate live ones. How is this sane, or logical, or possible?
If dogs and cats aren't 'food', then why are cows and sheep? The BBC recently made a terrible fuss when some unfortunate dogs were allegedly poisoned at Crufts - which, yes, was abysmal. But the BBC had no concern or report on the 40,000 piglets whose throats were slit in the UK in that very same week.
Why is the latter not a BBC story? Why is a poisoned dog at Crufts a story for national lamentation, yet the slaughter of 40,000 screaming piglets is not mentioned anywhere on any known news program?
If a dog is not food, then why is a pig?
Well, you might argue that 'oooh I love bacon', but if you love the pig dead, why do you not love the pig while it is alive, and why do you not protect it from slaughter … if you "love" "bacon" so much? Surely if you eat animals it's because you hate rather than love them?
Is a cat 'food'? No. So why is a lamb?
We have been trained and brainwashed to believe that some animals deserve to be killed and some don't, and much advertising effort is put into the hope that we do not ever decide for ourselves. No celebrity vegetarian chefs on the BBC! There is also heavy reliance on the hope that humans never quite become intelligent enough to understand that both humans and animals have natural rights. After all, as Gary Yourofsky brilliantly observed: if you remove bees or ants from the planet the entire cycle of life is damaged, but if you remove human beings from the planet then the entire planet will prosper and be saved.
Should we care that factory farming (which isn't farming at all - it's an industry very much like any other) is irrefutably linked to cancer in humans? Are you aware that the "country smell" so powerful in idyllic areas is actually the smell of mass slaughter of animals? Does anyone actually believe that the badger kill (not 'cull') is a move to protect cows, or to protect godly farmers' income? Are you aware that the virus of factory farming causes more greenhouse gas emissions than all combined forms of motorized transport? Of course you're not, for if you knew how much the "meat" industry is destroying the planet, well, you might grow wise to the biggest threat to your own life.

Like many animal haters, Michael Eavis was awarded a CBE by Elizabeth Battenberg (you have been ordered to address her as The Queen) in 2007. In 2005 he expressed how it was "outrageous to ban hunting". For such as Michael Eavis, there just cannot be enough bloodshed. More! More! More! Kill! Kill! Kill! Would he object if the hunters were also hunted?

Animal rights is now the leading social justice issue on the planet. Your decision is whether you support either the butcher or the butchered. It cannot be both.

Morrissey
8 April 2015

more sour grapes from the mozzer. he didnt get the invite so he bashes the poor old sod.
all this about meat and milk and sheep is fine, but im paying to attend a concert not a lecture on animal rights.

What the hell do you expect by attending a show by a man who named an entire album Meat is Murder?

You don't like it, don't go.

Many thanks for your support, humour and devastatingly pertinent posts throughout #Cheesegate.

The real 'hero' in this is David Tseng, for refusing to bow to the mob and 'ban' dissident voices here and for upholding a decent stab at 'Free Speech'.

I'm delighted for Morrissey. And I agree with all you say about him rehabilitating his reputation, ensuring his legacy isn't appropriated by the Dairy Devils ("Morrissey was a vegetarian like Linda McCartney, kiddo, you can eat our milk and cheese") and I hope that he slowly and elegantly begins to remove the snake like coils of cognitive dissonance which have been dragging him beneath the quicksand.

I do take enormous pleasure in having taken on the Cult GroupThink on this forum, though it's not about "me" or Morrissey or Benny, it's about the truth of his closing argument:

"Animal rights is now the leading social justice issue on the planet. Your decision is whether you support either the butcher or the butchered. It cannot be both."

There's a lot of stuff to work through with regard to Social Justice and Food Bank Veganism For The Poor, etc. But the fact that Morrissey is now aligning his celebrity megaphone so it's congruent with his core beliefs in one area is heartening. The issues of PETA's objectification of women is perhaps the next shoe to fall as he surveys the bombsite that the video for KMAL represents for his credibility on Feminism/LGBTIQ/"I'mNoTAMan-ism".

I totally agree that his future is potentially much brighter than his past. The reason Leonard Cohen is revered is partly because of his ability to say "I'm a total f*** up" but also because he has the existential rigour to actually delve deeper into the reasons. He also has a 'mea culpa' to issue about his Zen Sex Pest Guru, but I'm censored by "The Leonard Cohen Files" each time I engage on that topic. Which brings me back to my opening statement in this comment:

The real 'hero' in all of this is David Tseng. Morrissey would do well to consider lifting the ban on his attendance at concerts. DavidT has hosted #Cheesegate. What's obvious is that "fame, fame, fatal fame" did indeed play hideous tricks on Morrissey's brain such that every single arse-kissing musician/manager/producer/PR agent/"friend" and, especially, *fan*, including Julia, didn't have the balls to stand up to his Cheesetarianism and just fed themselves at the payroll/hospitality/guest-list trough whilst he sank deeper into the abyss. If he'd had me, or you, or other members of his wider Audience within earshot, he'd have sacked/banned/slagged us, but the message would have been in his subconscious mind earlier and, perhaps, more painfully. I've no idea about the minutae of Morrissey's issues with DavidT but I think Morrissey is well-advised to ensure his legacy is one of taking on the Dairy Devils, not endlessly trying to censor the micro-Social Media excesses of this site.

Sharon has just called me from the mental hospital. She wants to come home. Morrissey drove her mad with his Cheesetarianism. She loved him, trusted him, then found out the truth when she became my "Secretary". My voice here has largely been hers. It's all going to be documented in a film, the follow up to "The Secretary". Etc. And LOL! I was sorry to listen to Suki's distressing message on Soundcloud....Factual statement: I have friends in Broadcasting House and made a TV show with a member of the Panorama team about one version of my life story in 2003. I will get to the bottom of this. Lord Grade, the Director General is terrified of me. He will read this today and think "f***! This will be worse than #Clarksongate! I can't deal with BrummieBoy again! Or that Sharon, his "Secretary"

but let's keep on topic. Let's put Michael Eavis on trial now, instead of Morrissey. Let's all work to uncover the truth of Glastonbury and Morrissey's censorship by The Dairy Devils of BBC Countryfile.

best
BB

#Glastogate
What Sharon wants to come home? did not "the Mozziah on the Messia" pan out
Oh i told her not to marry him

Thanks for the links. I wonder if any reason was given for cancelling Glastonbury in 1992? The set lists for the gigs following Glastonbury do not include 'Meat Is Murder'.

best
BB

If I remember correct there were 2 reasons given for the cancellation

Moz said that it had never been confirmed " cough"

NME reported he had fallen out with Gary Day and that's why it was cancelled

He was replaced by James who did cover of " we hate it when our friends become successful " in their set

What the hell do you expect by attending a show by a man who named an entire album Meat is Murder?

You don't like it, don't go.

i will not be going, by the way, the video lectures coupled with the many cancellations, have taught me a lesson, that others too have learned, as tickets sell slower and slower.

I see Morrissey is quoting Gary Yourofsky. Another quote from the same source goes:

"Deep down, I truly hope that oppression, torture and murder return to each uncaring human tenfold! I hope that fathers accidentally shoot their sons on hunting excursions, while carnivores suffer heart attacks that kill them slowly. Every women ensconced in fur should endure a rape so vicious that it scars them forever. While every man entrenched in fur should suffer an anal raping so horrific that they become disembowelled. Every rodeo cowboy and matador should be gored to death, while circus abusers are trampled by elephants and mauled by tigers. And, lastly, may irony shine its esoteric head in the form of animal researchers catching debilitating diseases and painfully withering away because research dollars that could have been used to treat them was wasted on the barbaric, unscientific practice of vivisection."

I wonder if Yourofsky feels the same way about animal carnivores - that they should be wiped out, and only herbivores remain on the planet. The peculiar thing about animal rights activists is that, essentially, they cannot tolerate animal behaviour. The hypocrisy inevitably comes out when violence is advocated with such relish as a moral response to the fact that violence is abominable.

Re: True to You: Glastonbury

Says the so called 'man' 'animal right activist' who RAN AWAY INTO THE DISTANCE WAVING A WHITE FLAG ! Rather than face some old age men known as THE DUCK DYNASTY ! That's right you heard me THE 4KING DUCK DYNASTY !
You just can't make this shit up L M A O, everything he says or touches turns into a comedy club piss up,.
Keep it up Silly Steven you charlatan crankfraud.
Action is your middle name my arse you're an embarrassment to the Salford school of hard knocks, never show your boat race in Manchester ever again.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Go Benny your nail gun is on smoking keep drivin em home.

Sorry if i missed something, i'm tired today, but are you stating that "animal behaviour" means violence, murder and torture?

I'm not sure animals have a concept of murder, but there's certainly plenty of violence, including torture (if by that is meant the infliction of severe physical pain) in the animal kingdom.

Sorry if i missed something, i'm tired today, but are you stating that "animal behaviour" means violence, murder and torture?

I wrote a reply that didn't appear for some reason.

Anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9BncSXEVJk

I wouldn't call it murder, because the law does not apply in this case, and this is what animals do to get food. I would call it violent, though, and the buffalo might well experience it as torture.

Good evening Brummie tonight I would like to kick off by putting "Goodbye horses" on the solo jukebox by Lazzarus and I dedicate it to certain people I/you know ! The silence of the fans.
Hope you like it, I reckon Steven should cover it on the U S tour and dedicate it to us both.
Stranger things have happened.

I see Morrissey is quoting Gary Yourofsky. Another quote from the same source goes:

"Deep down, I truly hope that oppression, torture and murder return to each uncaring human tenfold! I hope that fathers accidentally shoot their sons on hunting excursions, while carnivores suffer heart attacks that kill them slowly. Every women ensconced in fur should endure a rape so vicious that it scars them forever. While every man entrenched in fur should suffer an anal raping so horrific that they become disembowelled. Every rodeo cowboy and matador should be gored to death, while circus abusers are trampled by elephants and mauled by tigers. And, lastly, may irony shine its esoteric head in the form of animal researchers catching debilitating diseases and painfully withering away because research dollars that could have been used to treat them was wasted on the barbaric, unscientific practice of vivisection."

I wonder if Yourofsky feels the same way about animal carnivores - that they should be wiped out, and only herbivores remain on the planet. The peculiar thing about animal rights activists is that, essentially, they cannot tolerate animal behaviour. The hypocrisy inevitably comes out when violence is advocated with such relish as a moral response to the fact that violence is abominable.

You make globalised assumptons about 'animal rights activists', that they all agree on everything, including using violence as a tactic/response to violence. This is nonsense. Also, you don't provide a link to the quote to see what the context of his statement is. It is from a long, nuanced interview.

http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/227470

However, Yourofsky is entirely reflecting Morrissey's views. I do not share them. I share those of Melanie Joy. All that is required for Carnism to collapse is education and empathy. We live in a world-wide Carnist matrix. All that is required is for 'Clueless Consumers' to make different choices. Like Yourofsky I am an Abolitionist and also despise PETA. I'm not sure how Morrissey can continue to be associated with Ingrid after this statement.

The only power anyone has is their mind. If everyone just left the Torture/Slaughter foods out of their shopping baskets and left the leather and fur on the shop shelves, the whole economic basis of Carnism would collapse. If you are a starving peasant or relying on foodstamps, your options may be limited. Not everyone has a Waitrose budget. But many/most of us can just walk away from most if not all of it. You do NOT need to eat any animal products. Full stop. It's a choice.

The issue of animal predatory behaviour causing suffering in the 'wild' is a completely different debate to that of human engineering of additional suffering after destroying natural habitats and creating animal factory farm gulags/circuses/zoos.

best
BB

If I was as big as my cat and my cat was as big as me I'd have been dead years ago.

I remember hearing a fascinating quote on the BBC from some years ago, and I can't for the life of me remember who said it, but they were standing in their back garden and said "There's a war going on here that nobody ever sees." I often think of it when I go into my garden. Red in tooth and claw and all that.

Good evening Brummie tonight I would like to kick off by putting "Goodbye horses" on the solo jukebox by Lazzarus and I dedicate it to certain people I/you know ! The silence of the fans.
Hope you like it, I reckon Steven should cover it on the U S tour and dedicate it to us both.
Stranger things have happened.

Where, exactly, is silent?

If I was as big as my cat and my cat was as big as me I'd have been dead years ago.

I remember hearing a fascinating quote on the BBC from some years ago, and I can't for the life of me remember who said it, but they were standing in their back garden and said "There's a war going on here that nobody ever sees." I often think of it when I go into my garden. Red in tooth and claw and all that.

cats murder birds
and dogs possums so they too have to go along with humans. tiger too. lions eat bambi. elephants mice. all should be eliminated.

I think it's absolutely fascinating that Morrissey has been friends with Chrissie Hynde and involved with PETA for so many years and been deaf to their beliefs about the vegan diet, yet he comes on here and reads the posts about how awful he is for eating dairy and suddenly he makes the change. It must have been the fabulously persuasive way those posts were written that got to him in the end. Ppppppppwwfff!

What has this got to do with animal behaviour?

battery11.jpg

Hog_confinement_barn_interior.jpg

cow-farming1.jpg

I've had a look around the web for non-human animals taking part in this sort of behaviour and I'm struggling to find any instances...

I think it's absolutely fascinating that Morrissey has been friends with Chrissie Hynde and involved with PETA for so many years and been deaf to their beliefs about the vegan diet, yet he comes on here and reads the posts about how awful he is for eating dairy and suddenly he makes the change. It must have been the fabulously persuasive way those posts were written that got to him in the end. Ppppppppwwfff!

If Morrissey reads within the vegan blogosphere he would have been aware of the issue of his diet failing to align with his expressed ethics on animals has been a topic of discussion for many years.

Is Morrissey Vegan Yet?

"During his recent UK tour he showed videos of dairy + egg cruelty, and in a recent post about Glastonbury festival he explained that the festival is not animal friendly due to it being a dairy farm. I can only assume that he's vegan but doesn't want to suddenly announce it as it'll mean admitting to year and years of eating dairy + eggs and therefore contributing to animal cruelty. I love Moz, but I think he maybe won't make a song and dance about his personal veganism because it'd mean admitting his wrongdoings in the past. That's just a possible explanation I have, anyway."

"I was told by an australian animal rights group member that Morrissey answered questions at the end of a gig and he apparently confirmed that he IS vegan. However, I find it very hard to believe that if Morrissey was vegan, he wouldn't be shouting it from the rooftops. I pray he is, because I absolutely worship him but I won't believe it until I hear it from the horses mouth.

I struggle to believe someone so intelligent and so passionate about animal welfare, could possibly consume animal products, it's very hypocrital if he does."

http://www.yourdailyvegan.com/2014/05/22/is-morrissey-vegan-yet/

best
BB

What has this got to do with animal behaviour?

battery11.jpg

Hog_confinement_barn_interior.jpg

cow-farming1.jpg

I've had a look around the web for non-human animals taking part in this sort of behaviour and I'm struggling to find any instances...

Where have you been the last few days ? Honest to God you always turn up days late just like the police when everything is out in the open and the dust has settled. Get back on your fence it's going cold. You need to learn to be more pro-active and get your finger on the pulse young man. Oh hang on, you were busy talking about the general election wasn't you ! Well I take it all back Charles. Ha ha ha ha ha, ho ho ho ho ho !

I
Please provide a link that confirms this.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

It would be helpful if you can point to a link that confirms this.

best
BB

#Glastogate

Ah yeah don't need to be finding a link. I was there in 2004! I was a cute little 16 year old goth with terrible fashion sense and a boyfriend with the most ridiculous long blonde ringlets, so no photos, but I can confirm both me and Morrissey were there. He was dead good as well! I think I lost my virginity that night too. Good night for everybody eh.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom