TTY: Israel, Turkey Morrissey concerts in August 2016; new photomontages by SER

As announced on TTY:

Morrissey Israel - true-to-you.net
27 May 2016

Morrissey will play two concerts in Israel in August.

Morrissey in Turkey - true-to-you.net
27 May 2016

Morrissey will play one major arena date in Istanbul, Turkey in August.

38718_nfp8.jpg

'Nobody for President: Nico' photomontage by
Sam Esty Rayner

38707_nfp9.jpg

'Nobody for President: Oscar Wilde's grave' photomontage by
Sam Esty Rayner

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
He should probably stop playing America due to its treatment of non combatants in Guantanamo.
But as everyone knows....he cares more about animals than he does people....so again....why play America?

Well if your talking to me and my post I did say that the peolle aren't the government but I wouldn't put down anyone who didn't want to play here for whatever reason. I could think of better ones than Guantanamo though. As to Syria he probably just thinks Canadians more free and that there government more represents the populace as opposed to syria. also probably thinks there people need more of a release than Canadians who get lots of shows anyway. That's my guess at least

Boycott apartheid Israel.
Maybe if someone told him Israelis refer to the Palestinians as animals he'd not be totally deaf to their suffering.

Did you play South Africa back in the day Moz? No you didn't.

Only Idiots comment the way you did.

This news made my day, i miss Morrissey and his voice so much. CA date please, a lot of them.

The photo used for Nico's debut album Chelsea Girl, shot, incidentally, by Paul Morrissey. Great LP, shame about the flute though. But what has Nico got to do with the 2016 US presidential campaign? Or Jim Morrison, for that matter? (Or Morrissey...?)
I was wondering the same thing.

I agree :thumb: f*** Israel and their genocide of the Palestinian people. Ugh Moz you have disappointed me once more :(

also, anyone who defends Israel can also go to hell, just saying
I don't think anyone from The Israeli government will be going to the concert.

Excellent places to spread the message of World Peace and I'm Not a Man. He sings for the people, sometimes minorities, who share his opinions and follow him, not for the governments and groups of power of each country he visits. In Britain, he doesn't sing for the Queen or the Prime Minister. When he sings in USA he doesn't sing for Obama, Clinton or Trump.
Viva Morrissey :clap:

Excellent places to spread the message of World Peace and I'm Not a Man. He sings for the people, sometimes minorities, who share his opinions and follow him, not for the governments and groups of power of each country he visits. In Britain, he doesn't sing for the Queen or the Prime Minister. When he sings in USA he doesn't sing for Obama, Clinton or Trump.
What he said.

well im that vein im pretty sure if he played in canada there wouldnt be anybody who clubs seals coming to his shows either. if for no other reason than people they would be too poor to afford a ticket

haha 1:43 love it! :D

I don't think anyone from The Israeli government will be going to the concert.

this is such a naive thing to say. I'm sure most morrissey fans are using this dumb excuse. If you research and educate yourself on the Israel / Palestine conflict you will found out that most of the people of israel are in favour in one way or the other of the genocide of palestinian people. This is one of the few cases where the people are almost as responsible as the government. The few people from israel who are against the genocide are the ones who are not living in Israel now.

So please, before you make such an ignorant comment, educate about the subject. Thank you!

then why he banned canada tho?

this is such a naive thing to say. I'm sure most morrissey fans are using this dumb excuse. If you research and educate yourself on the Israel / Palestine conflict you will found out that most of the people of israel are in favour in one way or the other of the genocide of palestinian people. This is one of the few cases where the people are almost as responsible as the government. The few people from israel who are against the genocide are the ones who are not living in Israel now.

So please, before you make such an ignorant comment, educate about the subject. Thank you!

Let me guess your "research" include "objective" resources such as CNN and Al Jazeera??
Do us all a favor and leave poltics out of it, if Moz had to rely on where to play based on that then i guess he had to cancel every gig...

then why he banned canada tho?
Exactly. Why is he punishing Canadian fans for seal clubbing? I had take a week off from work (lost wages) to fly to LA, pay pretty hefty accommodation, meals, air transportation and of course the tickets ($250 in advnace so I can see him up close from the floor). All and all totaling to approx. $4,000. Thank you Morrissey.

Agree about Israel
Doesn't he know that US government and Israel are two peas in a pod? Israel is US military gateway to the Middle East (to create chaos, destruction and ultimately profit from selling guns to rebels and inventing bodies like ISIS?). I would flush that key down the toilet.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom