TTY: Morrissey in California (billboard photo, Irvine 2nd show and Tel Aviv sold out)

Morrissey in California - true-to-you.net
12 August 2016

38948_ca_billboard.jpg

Both Morrissey shows at Bren Events Center in Irvine have sold out.

Morrissey in Tel-Aviv - true-to-you.net
12 August 2016

Morrissey's show at the Charles Bronfman Auditorium in Tel-Aviv on 23 August is sold out.

Well, I'm not sure I would call myself a 'bot' and Morrissey is certainly not my 'hero', but I have listened to The Smiths and Morrissey most days for the past thirty years and, as my little one is watching BabyTV, I thought I'd offer my twopenneth worth...

1) The 'Devious, Unreliable...' statement is old hat now (it was first said nearly 20 years ago) and pretty meaningless. It's a bit like trotting out 'Reissue, Repackage...' every time there is a re-release.
2) I seriously could not give a monkeys what Morrissey eats. Apart from one or two obsessives on here, does anyone actually care? He has used his platform to ask people to be kind to animals. I've no problem with that as it seems like a worthwhile way forward. Whether or not he eats cheese is irrelevant to most people.
3) Did he actually degrade the 'innocent slaughtered children'? That is a lot of emotive language (do you write for the Daily Mail?) and a very hyperbolic interpretation of something Morrissey didn't actually say.
4) I agree that the letter from Boz requesting the re-release of '...Paris' is very difficult to explain without thinking the worst. If the intention was to give the proceeds to an appropriate charity, then fair enough, but as this was never made clear, then yes, it makes Morrissey appear both opportunistic and mindless.
5) You think that Morrissey is both a 'c***' and 'a laughing stock'. Fair enough. You are totally entitled to your opinion. I've never met Morrissey and would never want to. I've been to see him perform many times and, with one or two exceptions (Nottingham last year was a low point), had a grand old time. I enjoy his music. I like the atmosphere in the crowd. I think that 'Come back to Camden' and 'The never-played symphonies' are works of near-genius. That's it. Like the vast majority of people who visit this site, I've no investment in the man himself. He makes some exceptional, enduring music that I like listening to. That is as far as my interest goes. Isn't that the case for 99.9% of 'fans'?

I'm sorry that Morrissey has made you so angry. I think it might help if you stop taking him so seriously. My grandad always used to tell me how much he liked football, but didn't like footballers. His dislike didn't stop him attending matches for 40 years.

Right, Charlie and the Numbers has finished, so reality calls.

Have fun in Manchester y'all, I'm genuinely sorry that I cannot be there.

I think he just really believes In the communicative messages in songs like when he played that anna calvi song for his Audience

Your hero demanding that ITMAAP be rereleased in the aftermath of the terror attacks? (This is the point at which he was really exposed as a horrid c***, Boorer's letter is extremely revealing).

Gross Grocer will liquefy in Hell.
His long-term bossmate will join him, and whilst his flesh is cooked to "crispy bacon", he will wail a hymn entitled "Rivers of Fat", a tribute to their everlastingly scheming intellectually repellent musically runothemill humanly mediocre partnership.

It's all taken care of.
:tiphat:

So basically munchkins ! Stay on the yellow brick road and follow the wizard of moz!
The wizard does exist and let nobody try to tell you otherwise, there are dark forces before you on the path to meet the wizard but just ignore them and don't listen to what they say and you're wishes shall be granted to you upon meeting the wizard. At nightfall always keep the Kerrygold cheese moon in your left.
After three now munchkins ' we're off to see the wizard ! The wonderful wizard of moz ! Because because because because ! Because of the wonderful things he does '

BtBB:greatbritain::knife:

Liars, trolls, and bots, oh my! :horny: :drama: :highfive: :ahhh: :popcorn: :clap: :tiphat: :sleeping:

You would think the world's most famous vegan would dispatch his beer gut if he's going to be the world's avatar of meat-free living. It doesn't help the cause.

Wouldn't it be great if, seeing as he's so vocally vegan these days, Morrissey did a Prince cover at the LA shows, to memorialize that equally anti-record label vegan star? Prince definitely did it his way, and name-checked Moz with approval when referencing record label ownership of the pop charts.
I'm thinking "Pop Life" or, if Morrissey's feeling really pissy and intrepid, the brilliant "Colonized Mind".

He is correct most of the time 3rd party ticket sellers like stubhub or cheap tickets.com buy tickets in bulk so they can sell at higher price also the venue itself will keep unsold tickets till the day of the show so they can sell at the box office so they can make more money on top of what the artist has paid to play there. Oh let's not forget ticket scalpers as well.

actually it makes sense since most of his sell out shows have tons of unsold tix.

Seems like a bit of a waste of money getting a billboard advertising the show when the tickets have sold out anyway? :confused:

Morrissey is old. Billboards mean something to him. Like billboards mean something to local radio talent.

They don't realize that everyone now is looking at their phone.

This is so much Bull Ox. This is the S15 outside of Manc. Everyone knows Morrissey is at his house in Manc and "visiting relatives in Dublin". Have any of you heard the songs America Is Not The World and Far Off Places?...He would never live in LA!

A jar of Ragu marinara sauce for who can name the freeway.

The fraud is obsessed with ticket sales. It's only about money these days.

Bots like marred will bury their heads in the sand and blindly defend their cult fraud leader. One day they'll grow a pair and realise how much of an utter shit their idol is.

Devious

He be eating cheese? Nigga wut?
Unreliable

Truculent

Never truer words spoken.

Just out of interest marred and other bots, what do you think of the following:

Your hero eating cheese for 30 years while lecturing anyone who'd care to listen on animal cruelty?

Your hero shaming and degrading the innocent children slaughtered in Norway?

Your hero demanding that ITMAAP be rereleased in the aftermath of the terror attacks? (This is the point at which he was really exposed as a horrid c***, Boorer's letter is extremely revealing).

These are just 3 of the many things that have caused one-time fans to turn and realise that Morrissey is a nasty nasty piece of work.

I'm very interested to know what your passive aggressive bot response will be to the 3 instances summarised above.

Something tells me, in typical bot fashion, you'll avoid answering them and sidestep your way out of it.

Grow some balls and admit to yourself that the man is a laughing stock. Don't worry, he won't find out. Despite what you think, he won't remember you from one dreary book signing.

Does Moz know that the Charles Bronfman Theatre in Tev Aviv is named for his most hated country of Canada? Maybe anti fur trading T shirts for the show. Wink. Wink.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom