TTY: Morrissey show in Manchester (Aug. 20, 2016; on sale Fri.)

Morrissey show in Manchester - true-to-you.net
5 July 2016

Morrissey will play Manchester Arena on Saturday 20 August.
Damien Dempsey is very special guest.
Tickets are on sale this Friday (8 July), max 4 per person.
This will be Morrissey's first appearance in Manchester for four years, and his only 2016 show in England.

38834_morrissey_a4_new.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I see. And what happened to this...

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_150917_03

"17 September 2015

Hammersmith Statement

Morrissey has commented:

"There is absolutely no way that we can generate any interest from record labels in the United Kingdom, therefore the imminent two nights at Hammersmith are likely to be our final ever UK shows. We are obsessively grateful for all interest and loyalty from our audience ... throughout 28 years ... but without new releases, there is no point in any additional touring. Thank you for so many absolutely incredible times. The pleasure and privilege is mine ... "

"17 September 2015

Hammersmith Statement

Morrissey has commented:

"There is absolutely no way that we can generate any interest from record labels in the United Kingdom, therefore the imminent two nights at Hammersmith are likely to be our final ever UK shows. We are obsessively grateful for all interest and loyalty from our audience ... throughout 28 years ... but without new releases, there is no point in any additional touring. Thank you for so many absolutely incredible times. The pleasure and privilege is mine ... "

Same old skinny, maybe the words LIKELY TO BE, didn't register with you. Anyway stop moaning and just enjoy the fact moz is playing Manchester again.

Same old skinny, maybe the words LIKELY TO BE, didn't register with you. Anyway stop moaning and just enjoy the fact moz is playing Manchester again.

I find it highly amusing that my powers are such that by the very act of putting some alphanumeric characters on a website, goons such as yourself are Pavlovially impelled to do the same. And I see you chose your words selectively, as the words "there is no point in any additional touring" clearly didn't register with your unidirectional view.

To be fair to Skinny, Morrissey did finish the London show by saying "So this concludes are UK days"!!!

Didnt wait long to change his tune, the very next tour hes playing the UK again.
Couldnt find any interest anywhere else.

"17 September 2015

Hammersmith Statement

Morrissey has commented:

Haha
Morrissey must be bi-polar and/or likes to strike fear into the hearts of his fans. Either way, it's good news. Have fun!

Yeah didn't take long for that to change. Maybe it mean s anew album though which would be nice

So, something Morrissey said turned out to be hysterical over-statement. I can't tell you how shocked I am. Never thought this day would come.

Manchester Arena is the worst venue I have ever been in. I wonder if he has managed to get them to close the McDonalds.

"17 September 2015

Hammersmith Statement

Morrissey has commented:

13 minutes between the original post and someone bringing this up, and it just happened to be you. Tiresome. We'll all go and enjoy ourselves; I assume you're banned. Lobe him outside.

Same old skinny, maybe the words LIKELY TO BE, didn't register with you. Anyway stop moaning and just enjoy the fact moz is playing Manchester again. And I see you chose your words selectively, as the words "there is no point in any additional touring" clearly didn;t r
13 minutes between the original post and someone bringing this up, and it just happened to be you. Tiresome. We'll all go and enjoy ourselves; I assume you're banned. Lobe him outside.

I'll assume you are indeed a native English speaker and you are talking about a medical procedure.

Hammersmith was incredible and would have been a fitting way to end the UK shows, but I'm really glad he's playing Manchester now. I'm taking my parents to Bergen as well, and we're going to have a holiday in Norway and then I'll be in Manchester for the rest of the summer so I'm definitely going to get a ticket for this.

I'm really happy, I'm glad he's changed his mind. Nice one, Moz.

"Look at me! I can STILL sell out Manchester Arena like all those other bands! Give me a record contract!" *stamps feet & screams*

It didn't sell out last time, doubt it will this time. Unless there's a decent new album or some spectacularly episodes of inflammatory trolling. Expect a TTY whine about Brexit or Bowie once the tickets go on sale if they don't shift. What a totally boring development.

I'll be honest, truly devastated its at The Arena, was an awful gig last time and struggled to sell then, this time be even worse. Would be nice to play the Apollo again.

Why so much moaning???

I'm totally stoked!

Why don't the piss and moan brigade f*** off and get your Ed Sheeran tix booked!

I'm happy as chuffing Larry!!!

The day after playing in Istanbul? Seems odd...
That would be a tight schedule but I guess he could fly over. Don't know the distance myself but it seems possible I suppose. Not the best bit of scheduling though

Amazing news!

Does anyone know if this poster is the first case of Morrissey successfully using Finney for his artwork?
I know he was the original choice for Heaven Knows, but I wondered if he'd ever been used on any backdrops or tour posters before?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom