TTY: Morrissey Shows Confirmed (US, Asia, Australia, Sep. - Nov. 2016)

Morrissey Shows Confirmed - true-to-you.net
26 July 2016

September
20 LOUISVILLE, Palace Theatre, Kentucky (USA)
22 PHILADELPHIA, Tower Theater, Pennsylvania (USA)
24 BROOKLYN, Kings Theatre, New York (USA)
28 TOKYO, Orchard Hall (Japan)
29 TOKYO, Orchard Hall (Japan)
October
1 YOKOHAMA, Bay Hall (Japan)
2 OSAKA, IMP Hall (Japan)
6 HONG KONG, MacPherson Stadium (China)
12 JAKARTA, Senayan Golf Driving Range (Indonesia)
15 SINGAPORE CITY, Marina Barrage (Singapore)
18 BANGKOK, Moonstar Studio (Thailand)
22 MELBOURNE, Festival Hall (Australia)
26 ADELAIDE, Thebarton Theatre (Australia)
28 CANBERRA, Royal Theatre (Australia)
29 WOLLONGONG, WIN Centre (Australia)
31 NEWCASTLE, Civic Theatre (Australia)
November
9 IRVINE, Bren Events Center, California (USA)
11 RENO, Grand Theatre, Nevada (USA)
14 BOULDER, Boulder Theater, Colorado (USA)
16 DALLAS, McFarlin Auditorium, Texas (USA)
17 SAN ANTONIO, Tobin Center, Texas (USA)
19 HOUSTON, White Oak Music Hall, Texas (USA)
23 EL PASO, Abraham Chavez Theatre, Texas (USA)

Last edited by a moderator:
El Paso the night before thanksgiving. Damn. That's the closest show to me but not if I need to be 400 miles the other way for thanksgiving dinner.

Blikey, It hasn't even been a year yet. I reckon November will be 10 months, so almost a year. Here we go again. I haven't even worn my "Morrissey for President" shirt I bought on NYE. Deal with Ticketmaster, wait in line, spend $40 on a shirt, have all the girls beg to stand in front of me, the Blue Rose guy holding his arm up the entire concert, Jesse making my ears bleed, the smell of bacon wrapped hot dog carts in the parking lot...etc

Oh, and all you hick Morrissey fans in Texas, it's not going to be like your VHS tape of the 1991 concert in Dallas, it's going to be all Mexicans, I have not seen him hit Texas this hard ever.

Any true Morrissey fan knows why he doesn't go to Pittsburgh.

LOL! Yeah I can't believe we're getting him this soon. So surreal. And ridiculously lucky! You gonna do a pilgrimage this time around, Pokey?

Unfortunately not, student budget just won't allow for a pilgrimage so will have to settle for just the Melbourne show

Very strange. :straightface:

Both Japan (remember dolphins) and China (dog fest) are scheduled but no Canada ? Why ? Because of seal hunting ? Really ? This is ridiculous. Sorry for my buddies in Canada. :oops:

Plus, he always says, "oh, I love Istanbul, the streets, its essence, I even recorded a song called Istanbul bla bla". But no message of support or solidarity ? Terrorists attacked Istanbul Ataturk airport, dozens of innocent people died. And then the coup thing. Hundreds of people died again. But no words. I'm not expecting him to do a show here (even though Joss Stone gave a concert here recently and Damien Rice, Sia, Ricky Martin, Sting, Enrique Iglesias and -possible- Elton John shows are coming soon). If he thinks that this country is not safe enough, it's his decision. I totally respect this. But he should say something if he really cares about this city and country. He always writes about the things that he cares. Vegan thing, anti-royal thing, etc. I'm so saddened by his apathy.

Further, possible Izmir show is not -officially- cancelled either ? If he refuses to come here, he should again make a statement. We are confused here. No ISTANBUL, ok, but what happened to Izmir ? :squiffy:

GG

Had a dream last night that I was on Morrissey's gig in a small garden and someone told me that it's his last one as he is 60 years old now and stops touring. Went to check if the tour dates were updated as soon as I woke up. Hope another part of the dream won't happen in real life though..

Going to travel from San Francisco to Irvine and Reno, see you there!

I'm surprised he's going to perform for the sub-species, one must assume they have all gone vegan.

I can never weigh up Steven and all this animal shit he comes out with. Basically he just seems to perform anywhere for the wonga, his morals seem to fly out of the window I'm starting to come to the conclusion that all this animal stuff is just a gimmick to make money. Canada should explore taking him to court for all the times he's dissed them. In all honesty let's agree on one thing his behaviour/morals/scruples/beliefs/statements etc, just don't stack up full stop. He's an animal pimp !
If your struggling to take this instead of getting all angry and vexed with me just take another look at latest tour announcement.

Sorry if I've upset y'all but we don't call him CrankFraud for nothing you know ! :eek:
Meat is murder :rolleyes: do you care ? Do you care ? Do you care ? :rofl:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Not a pain if you live in Brooklyn! The venue is perfect and very beautiful. Just that parking is a problem so it's easier to take the train.

There is free parking around the corner in the Stop and Shop parking lot.

Being a Canadian, I am very sad (yet not at all surprised) to see no Canadian dates. I've given up on that one, frankly! However, 2 years ago I had tickets to see him very close to the US/Can border, and the show was cancelled! Boo!! If I want to go this time around, it's at least a 7 hour drive to either Brooklyn or Philadelphia. Contemplating AirBNB just to save a bit of dough, as it will be pricey for me to make the trip. Though... I don't know how many more shows/years he has left - would hate to miss it!!

Last edited:
Suck it up. It's a 5 hour drive. Less if you speed. Lots of folks on here don't even have hm playing on the same continent. and you are complaining even though he is playing one show in your hometown and another less than 300 miles away. I'm in Chicago too and seriously thinking about doing Louisville instead of Riot Fest. I hate Riot Fest that much…
I'm a few states over from Kentucky, not in Chicago or Illinois at all...

This is nice but I was hoping he would have another show in Chicago besides Riot Fest. Kentucky is the closest to me but it is still very far away... I really want to see Morrissey but can't justify traveling that far. I hope there are more dates announced, as unlikely as it is.

Notice that Riot Fest isn't on this confirmed list;)

Excellent. Looking forward to the Texas dates. I'll at least get to two.

Blikey, It hasn't even been a year yet. I reckon November will be 10 months, so almost a year. Here we go again. I haven't even worn my "Morrissey for President" shirt I bought on NYE. Deal with Ticketmaster, wait in line, spend $40 on a shirt, have all the girls beg to stand in front of me, the Blue Rose guy holding his arm up the entire concert, Jesse making my ears bleed, the smell of bacon wrapped hot dog carts in the parking lot...etc

Oh, and all you hick Morrissey fans in Texas, it's not going to be like your VHS tape of the 1991 concert in Dallas, it's going to be all Mexicans, I have not seen him hit Texas this hard ever.

Any true Morrissey fan knows why he doesn't go to Pittsburgh.

He plays multiple Texas dates every single tour...and the concerts are a mix of all races, though mostly white, in the 10 or so Texas dates I've been to.

I can't eat, I can't sleep, giggling no stop., this is happening!!! :p

... If he thinks that this country is not safe enough, it's his decision. I totally respect this. ...

I thought the Istanbul show cancellation was more to do with the Manchester show happening the next day to be honest...

Although the re-scheduled date (19th Aug) was announced on the same day as the Istanbul airport incident so hard to tell, although the cancellation was reported here (Jul 13th) before the coup attempt (Jul 15th) so they're not related.

Izmir could be good though if there's any chance of it.

he could play in these moaning bastards back gardens and they would still have something to moan about.

Damn right I would complain. Do you think I want those miserable fekking 'regulars' camped outside my house all night? Assholes.

I'm surprised he's going to perform for the sub-species, one must assume they have all gone vegan.

Well - technically Hong Kong is part of China again now, but it was British for 99 years, and is now - theoretically, at least - a semi-'autonomous territory'. So, whether he still considers the locals to be a sub-species will be interesting.

There's no way he'd play mainland China - they heavily vet and censor any lyrics that are even slightly iffy, and I can't imagine Morrissey's thinly veiled homoeroticisms getting allowed. Let alone something like 'Meat is Murder' (which he can still probably get away with in Hong Kong).

Very strange. :straightface:

Both Japan (remember dolphins) and China (dog fest) are scheduled but no Canada ? Why ? Because of seal hunting ? Really ? This is ridiculous. Sorry for my buddies in Canada. :oops:
It's hard to deny that Morrissey can be a hypocrite when it comes to where he will and won't play based on a country's animal rights record, but to be fair, Hong Kong is an autonomous territory with a legal and monetary system (among other things) separate from mainland China, and it has a better animal rights record, with strong citizen-led animal rights campaigns and in general a greater awareness of animal cruelty issues. This could be a factor in Morrissey's decision to play there (or maybe I'm giving him too much credit).

At any rate, I'm on the fence about attending shows this time around. I could make it to the Philly and Brooklyn dates, and the Tower is one of my favorite places to see a show, but whether I go depends upon a few factors, including ticket price. Someone on Reddit is claiming tickets for both shows are in the $180 range, which isn't too far off from what was being charged for floor tickets at MSG last year; however, it seems really steep for small theater shows.

I can't find information about either show on the venue websites or Live Nation, so I'm not sure where this person is getting their information from if it's legitimate. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Last edited:
Damn right I would complain. Do you think I want those miserable fekking 'regulars' camped outside my house all night? Assholes.
so your saying you live next door to a concert hall.iv never seen a concert in a residential area that you would be that close.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom