TTY: Morrissey, tonight in Sao Paulo

UPDATE 2:35 AM PT:

An anonymous person posted a link to the source of the image, @stracy1675 / Twitter.

An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey, tonight in Sao Paulo - true-to-you.net
20 November 2015

facebook_1448066793505.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
geez. ffs. how can you write such nonsense. there are more posts here in a week than all other moz sites combined.
most of them have no posts whatsoever.

True enough, but how many of them are of any quality? How many of them are penned by the same group of nutcases trying to hold Morrissey accountable for crimes against everything, everywhere?

i agree and you could say the same thing about the man in your avatar :(

What, do you mean the neo-fascist who currently most resembles the crypt keeper? ;) But my God, he was gorgeous in his prime (as was our man) - just look at those eyes!
[I hurts to look at recent photos of him, Loren and Bardot; they were exceedingly good looking as young people, each perfect in his or her own way. It's like seeing a great work of art vandalized. :(]

Last edited:
True enough, but how many of them are of any quality? How many of them are penned by the same group of nutcases trying to hold Morrissey accountable for crimes against everything, everywhere?

if they were of no quality and not based on obvious truth, you mozbots wouldn't be alerted. you all don't even post in
the cultic sites.
if moz is so wonderful why are you all not over there posting about it.

How is it that you're always first to post? Do you sit by the computer refreshing the main page every five seconds hoping for Morrissey to say something you disapprove of so you can spring into action?

100% accurate.

@Uncleskinny - don't waste your time on these fair weathered "fans" that joined the fray in the past 10 years or less. They obviously don't have a clue, let alone show proper respect.
This site, and really Morrissey in general are nearly 180 degrees different from the good 'ol days. I'm saddened more and more by the lack of comradery and kindness that used to pulse thru Morrissey-Solo. It's almost as if these newer fans are the spawns of the worst parts of what Morrissey has become. Morrissey was right, money changes everything,.

Back in 1997-2000 most of us who had internet-connected computers were nerds who scoured newsgroups and chat rooms. The fact that a Morrissey site existed back then was remarkable. There were so few people on the net back then that it was amazing that we could even reach out to one another. I remember when this site popped up and only a few months later I had met David in line getting tickets to a Morrissey show in Toronto (the one ironically that is pictured in my avatar). It was like meeting a pen pal whom I shared so much in common with. And David is from California!

Fast forward to now and we have a completely different landscape. Everyone is connected from phones, hotspots, libraries, hotels, etc. We TMZ.com and websites devoted strictly to shaming people, anonymously. I wonder how many young people are Morrissey fans and use this site. Makes me think of my niece who lives in my home because her parents couldn't handle her. She is 22 now, a single mom, and living in my spare bedroom. If I ask her to put her dishes in the sink she tells me to f*** off. She is irrational, immature, entitled, and spends hours on the internet every day gossiping on websites and arguing with ex-friends about who stole whose boyfriend. I do not exaggerate. She does not look for a job nor attempt to go back to school. Her days consist of changing diapers, making fridge runs, and telling people on the internet to go f*** themselves.

So of course it saddens me when I see a grown man whom I once idolized stoop to such low behaviour. His actions are not that different from my niece really, and so I suppose I should also not be surprised that there are people out there like him, and my niece, that find his behaviour acceptable. Just like I tell my niece that posting pictures of her smoking bongs on Facebook won't help her career opportunities later, I wish someone close to Morrissey would do the same. But would it make a difference? I am not convinced that Morrissey cares anymore. He has all the money and fame he needs, all that left is his legacy.

Morrissey owes a debt of gratitude to David Tseng. I couldn't imagine how much money this site has made for Morrissey. I wouldn't have known about the dozens of concerts I have attended if not for it. After all is said in done we as fans have a lot more in common with each other than we will ever have with Morrissey. And if his recent behaviour is any indication, he really doesn't care. Yes people say shitty things to one another here. But the intelligent ones among us filter out fact from fiction, the good from the bad. We are all born with the ability to take what we read and form our own opinions.

P.S: Alain, you should post more often. You have far more to offer.

Last edited:
Good God, you dumbass. Do you think I'm stupid? I know about these commercials. That wasn't my point. It's NOTHING compared to Bowie's commercial "career". And, as I said, since both Johnny Marr and Morrissey have been criticized heavily for both commercials, imagine the uproar had they done ALL the Bowie ads and more. Apart from that, show me the commercial where Morrissey appears in person. Show me catwalks Moz walked on. Show me his own perfume or clothes line on the market. Show me his many supermodel girlfriends or wifes. Show me his yacht. Show me his award appearances (I know there are some, but not many). Show me the "Moz-Bonds". You sometimes have to take a closer look at others to realize everything that Moz doesn't do. We are lucky, believe me. Oh, and luckily Moz never wore this

david-bowie-amp-iman-via-bohemea.jpeg

David Bowie seemed to be going after commercial success blatantly with "Let's Dance," to the point that you could argue that the image he presented then was consciously almost a parody of a pop star, and the Pepsi commercial could easily be part of that whole image. I didn't watch the others. I don't think owning a yacht disqualifies him as a serious artist. His new song and the film that goes with it are great.
I did notice that the Pepe Jeans ad does not use Morrissey's voice or image, but I'm not sure whose decision that was. I'm sure he cashed the check. Supermodel girlfriends and wives? Are you mad at David Bowie for being a rock star? I could help you be mad at David Bowie. He has said and done some things that are worse than making a commercial. I think every one of those commercials is his right to make. He has done so much to explore and expand the boundaries of rock music, and that doesn't always pay as well as if he had made a career out of the "Let's Dance" version of himself. I am sure that maintaining his lifestyle and having the time to research and develop his art is very expensive, and if he sells some perfume or luggage or whatever, I'm not at all offended. Those ads play on his career, remind you who he is, and were probably part of promotion for current projects. They're fun, and seem purposeful. When you have turned one down you will be in a better position to judge, I think.

Back in 1997-2000 most of us who had internet-connected computers were nerds who scoured newsgroups and chat rooms. The fact that a Morrissey site existed back then was remarkable. There were so few people on the net back then that it was amazing that we could even reach out to one another. I remember when this site popped up and only a few months later I had met David in line getting tickets to a Morrissey show in Toronto (the one ironically that is pictured in my avatar). It was like meeting a pen pal whom I shared so much in common with. And David is from California!

Fast forward to now and we have a completely different landscape. Everyone is connected from phones, hotspots, libraries, hotels, etc. We TMZ.com and websites devoted strictly to shaming people, anonymously. I wonder how many young people are Morrissey fans and use this site. Makes me think of my niece who lives in my home because her parents couldn't handle her. She is 22 now, a single mom, and living in my spare bedroom. If I ask her to put her dishes in the sink she tells me to f*** off. She is irrational, immature, entitled, and spends hours on the internet every day gossiping on websites and arguing with ex-friends about who stole whose boyfriend. I do not exaggerate. She does not look for a job nor attempt to go back to school. Her days consist of changing diapers, making fridge runs, and telling people on the internet to go f*** themselves.

So of course it saddens me when I see a grown man whom I once idolized stoop to such low behaviour. His actions are not that different from my niece really, and so I suppose I should also not be surprised that there are people out there like him, and my niece, that find his behaviour acceptable. Just like I tell my niece that posting pictures of her smoking bongs on Facebook won't help her career opportunities later, I wish someone close to Morrissey would do the same. But would it make a difference? I am not convinced that Morrissey cares anymore. He has all the money and fame he needs, all that left is his legacy.

Morrissey owes a debt of gratitude to David Tseng. I couldn't imagine how much money this site has made for Morrissey. I wouldn't have known about the dozens of concerts I have attended if not for it. After all is said in done we as fans have a lot more in common with each other than we will ever have with Morrissey. And if his recent behaviour is any indication, he really doesn't care. Yes people say shitty things to one another here. But the intelligent ones among us filter out fact from fiction, the good from the bad. We are all born with the ability to take what we read and form our own opinions.

Thank you for this

Thanks for the kind encouragement!

I agree with you that M. should be grateful for this site. Growing up in Canada I used to have to go to the local public library to scour the NME for any tidbits on Morrissey's life; just seeing his name mentioned (in bold!) would lift my spirits. Then, around 98-99 (?), I stumbled upon this site. What a strange creature, with its odd color-scheme and contributors from such "exotic" places as LA, Paris and London! I was in heaven: pictures, rumors of tours, reviews of tours, sightings, stories of personal encounters . . . all of these helped keep me in touch with my idol for the past 15 years. My story is not uncommon, and so I have no doubt that this site helped to provide some continuity for his fanbase. And it's true that I used to enjoy visiting this site more in the early days than I do now. But I think those posters who are angry with Morrissey's current critics are largely missing the point. No one here denies that Morrissey, at his best, is glorious. But the (perceived) rise in critical posts is a straightforward effect of M's increasingly poor artistic output, and, more importantly, downright mean-spirited and irrational behavior. I don't always agree with some of the "articles" that are posted on the Main Page (e.g. the highly speculative and salacious stuff), but this site provides a forum for lovers (spurned or otherwise) of M. to share their experiences and frustrations with the community. And I don't always agree with the more vitriolic rhetoric of his critics (though I usually read those as ongoing works of conceptual art - I'm lookking at you BBB :)), but I value hearing how people's affections for M. have changed. Mine have as well, and it's nice to be able to share that.

Last edited:
Do you honestly, honestly believe that Morrissey wanted I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris re-released for financial gain? Honestly? Or maybe, just maybe, the man who has become numb to all the human atrocities that go on day in, day out all over the world, might ACTUALLY have been genuinely touched by the Paris killings? We all know that Morrissey has a love affair with France, and the song I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris OBVIOUSLY means an awful lot to Moz because he has kept it in his set for a very long time - much to the condemnation of most of the users on here. Jean Cocteau, Jean Marais, Jean Genet, Brigitte Bardot, Alain Delon, Françoise Hardy, Serge Gainsbourg, Sacha Distel, Maxims, La Fabrique.... these are just a few of the MANY, MANY things that Morrissey loves about France, and what was the last concert Morrissey attended? It was Charles Aznavour at the Palais des Sports in Paris in September. f*** you and your nasty, negative views. I for one am NOT a Moz cultist, I am a Moz fan. You, Skinny, Geezer, Tseng, Brummie Boy, Benny et al have ALL forgotten why you came here in the first place, your love of Morrissey. Why do you come here? Is your life SO dull that the only thing that gives you life is hating the man you once loved? It's mirror time, my friend.

R

:) merci !

As for this site being a 'problem'? To who? Morrissey, clearly, as he made his hirelings wear t-shirts in Bradford with 'f*** Morrissey-Solo.com' on them because folk like me ridiculed his rubbish demos (KAL, PATSE, etc) He has repeatedly harassed the site proprietor for allowing Free Speech. Seriously: f*** you SSOB. And f*** Morrissey!

best
GoBB

' folk like me' !

:lbf::lbf::lbf: Don't flatter yourself!

Dear Lord. Has it come to this? The downward spiral of the quality of TTY posts these days....

I really think at this point in his career, the best thing for Morrissey to do would be to close down True To You, stop giving interviews, and just shut the f*** up for at least five years. Then we might forget all this nonsense, and start remembering him as the great man he was, instead of the human car-crash he is now. All he is doing is eroding what little good will people have left for him by acting like a tit at every given opportunity. Damon or Sam or someone needs to stage an intervention, and take away his internet privileges, and put him back on the fax machine communication where he'll do less damage.

Well said. David T is just one of many down the years whose generosity to Morrissey has been repaid with anger, recrimination and contempt. It has been well documented from numerous sources from the very start.

As for Bowie, and the comparisons drawn here, my first album of his was Lodger. That means I was getting into his music as his peak period was coming to an end. Scary Monsters followed, then Let's Dance then... Well it's best to draw a veil over the next decade at the very least. Perhaps two decades. Some would say Let's Dance was a Let Down, but I rather like it. Perhaps you had to be there. Quite what an older Bowie fan would have made of it having been there since Hunky Dory or before one can only imagine. Horror I would think. Looking at the Bowie playlist on my phone I notice I carry eighty-three songs of his around with me. Only eleven are from after 1982.

What I'm trying to say is that all artists change, rarely for the better, and it is not surprising that some fans join and others fall away. The business plan only works however if the former continues to outnumber the latter. It might help Morrissey's cause therefore that should he decide to pursue any remaining muse he may have he does so without being a monumental arsehole. It's his speaking voice that has led him here, not his singing voice.

He should shut up and sing.

One thing we sometimes forget, although it has been discussed here before, is that Morrissey's main goal often seems to be to promote himself as a media personality instead of as a singer. If they are discussing his latest outrageous statement in the press I think he gets the same sense of validation as if his latest record is doing well in the charts, and maybe more.

These days record companies don't have to re-issue songs. People just have to want to download them and they are chart eligible. If enough people buy it it will get to number one....

You're quite right of course. "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" is not exactly out of print. Digital downloads never are (unless the artist pulls them, as Taylor Swift did).

I think Morrissey was asking for a physical release, which is not only anachronistic but would take far too long to be relevant, even with a rush-release. (See "Satellite of Love", which was released physically in January of 2014; Lou Reed died in October of 2013. Even the digital download took a month to get ready, by which time the momentum had passed.)

Nothing would have stopped him, though, from asking his fanbase to buy "...Paris" on-line with his promise to donate the proceedings of the coming month or two to relevant charities. The song is already there for download.

- - - Updated - - -

I think David misunderstood when they told him to put a sock in it.

Back in 1997-2000 most of us who had internet-connected computers were nerds who scoured newsgroups and chat rooms. The fact that a Morrissey site existed back then was remarkable. There were so few people on the net back then that it was amazing that we could even reach out to one another. [...]

Fast forward to now and we have a completely different landscape. Everyone is connected from phones, hotspots, libraries, hotels, etc. We TMZ.com and websites devoted strictly to shaming people, anonymously. I wonder how many young people are Morrissey fans and use this site. [...]

So of course it saddens me when I see a grown man whom I once idolized stoop to such low behaviour. [...]

Morrissey owes a debt of gratitude to David Tseng. I couldn't imagine how much money this site has made for Morrissey. I wouldn't have known about the dozens of concerts I have attended if not for it. After all is said in done we as fans have a lot more in common with each other than we will ever have with Morrissey. And if his recent behaviour is any indication, he really doesn't care. Yes people say shitty things to one another here. But the intelligent ones among us filter out fact from fiction, the good from the bad. We are all born with the ability to take what we read and form our own opinions. [...]

Well said indeed.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom