TTY: Morrissey, tonight in Sao Paulo

UPDATE 2:35 AM PT:

An anonymous person posted a link to the source of the image, @stracy1675 / Twitter.

An anonymous person sends the link:

Morrissey, tonight in Sao Paulo - true-to-you.net
20 November 2015

facebook_1448066793505.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Answer my question or f*** off ! (Your future posting on here rests on your answer)

Yours in debunking

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Butcher or Brummie?

'Boys will be boys'

...are they not one and the same?

Well, It's definitely not 'B.B'

Bridget Bardot !

for she is a

lover of love

and not

a lover of hate.

But it's nice to see

that you may be 'human'

for you can admit that

'Haters are gonna hate'.

But I'm sure with a few more of my

tough-love posts

and reasoning

I can bring you 'round

to seeing things

my way.

;)

NEXT !

Supermodel girlfriends and wives? Are you mad at David Bowie for being a rock star? I could help you be mad at David Bowie. He has said and done some things that are worse than making a commercial. I think every one of those commercials is his right to make. He has done so much to explore and expand the boundaries of rock music, and that doesn't always pay as well as if he had made a career out of the "Let's Dance" version of himself. I am sure that maintaining his lifestyle and having the time to research and develop his art is very expensive, and if he sells some perfume or luggage or whatever, I'm not at all offended. Those ads play on his career, remind you who he is, and were probably part of promotion for current projects. They're fun, and seem purposeful. When you have turned one down you will be in a better position to judge, I think.

Again, not my point. Would you defend Moz the same way you did with Bowie above? Maybe. I'm not mad at anybody. I'm talking about others who would be hysteric about it because they are hysteric about much lesser things.

Morrissey makes enemies at such staggering speed that I sometimes wonder if it's all a huge con, and he doesn't really want a record deal in the first place. Why else would he systematically slur and alienate label bosses over and over again - the very people that he wants to take him on?
Morrissey is in self-destruct mode again - it's like the f*** Harvest shirts, he just can't stop himself.

But why is this a great surprise? I hate to quote Ken Friedman but there you go ...

"The problem is, he can’t very easily deal with the impact he has on people. He’s afraid of success, like a lot of English people. I don’t know what it is. To us, in America, it’s what you achieve – everybody wants to be a millionaire or president or whatever. What I found baffling in England was that people didn’t really want to make it; they were so embarrassed about it. Morrissey had that attitude more than anybody I’d ever known."

Or I could quote Moz himself (although this is difficult here because everyone, then, will tell you this isn't true because, obviously, they no him better than the man knows himself) ...

"I'd obviously want some success with what I do, but I'm also slightly embarrassed to be singled out. Silly, isn't it."

just what every Parisienne wants, Morrissey rereleasing his ode to Paris for hard cash and publicity. I'm sure the younger version of Morrissey would recoil at such behaviour which is mentally perverse however anyone looks at it.

He also needs to have some editorial control on that website, posting memes about a record company exec nobody has ever heard of is f***ing pathetic. Let alone from a 56 year old man going on 11

Listening to "Paris": the phrase "throwing my arms around Paris" is infelicitous. I can see why someone might be reticent to release it as a memorial to the attacks. Obviously that's not the meaning of the lyric, but there you go.

Note: I think the word "around" is the problem. Part of the horror of the attacks is the apparent indiscriminate choice of targets.

Last edited:
I miss 'Sing Your Life' If only 'Solo' carried on in that graceful,innocent and love giving manner. Oh well.

Listen, without being offensive or anything, this ''hateful, hate this, hate that'' nonsense is getting tiresome. I understand if you find some user's language and words objectionable, but why don't you just stop for aminute and think about it: it must have a reason why many of us have problems with the modern-day Morrissey? Surely you can't dismiss everyone as ''not having a life''.

As Uncleskinny put it, i can't cite the exact words: most of us would love to praise Morrissey, but his recent TTY ramblings and in general public persona makes me (among others) embarrassed being a Morrissey fan. Up until recently i could trun a blind eye and say i still listen to his music, but, as a fan since 1987 (!) i start to skip even his music for what he became. As I wrote, you can start your ''cult of hate'' cliche, but just think about it....it's hard to defend the man when you try to be objective.

Brutal. Bowie releases an amazing new song and M. releases this image. My love for M. has been fading slowly over the past 10 years or so. I loved Quarry deeply - the tunes and lyrics were evocative and moving, he looked good, and he hadn't said anything embarrassing for a while. I think he had a solid 20 years of producing great art, which is a lot more than the vast majority of pop artists. For me (and many, maybe most, others?) he was always a Gesamtkunstwerk artist: the music, lyrics, record-sleeves, hairstyle, clothing and interviews all worked seamlessly to represent a complete picture of a "beautiful outsider." The problem, I think, is that his artistic vision was too closely tied to his personal life. As he's become less beautiful (age, fame, California!), his artistic output has degraded accordingly (music, lyrics, record-sleeves . . . etc.). Compare with Bowie, also a Gesamtkunst artist, but one who's art is more informed by an exploration of, and curiosity into, different aesthetic ideals rather than his personal life - he still produces relevant music (at the age of 103!). I respect M. for his stance on animal welfare; I think it's the one remaining aspect of his fame that is worthwhile. But his current art and his inane political views, coupled with his toxic narcissism, are leaving many of his old fans cold. I wonder if this will tarnish his old work (at least for me)? I rarely listen to him or the Smiths anymore. (FWIW I think U.S. Girls is an exciting current example of the "beautiful outsider".)

Excellent post that pretty much sums it all up for me as well. Like you have written his artistic vision is almost entirely introspective and when I was much younger he was the voice in my head, holding a torch and in the corner of my room I heard him clearly. But I am past all of that now and I have no desire to go back to the old house that stored these youthful feelings.

My knowledge of Morrissey the person was very insulated back in the 80's and 90's. No internet, websites, mass released statements. He was pretty much what I dreamt him up to be. Knowing nothing more than him being a professed vegetarian with a bent to the less masculine. But in the past few years he has gone more than out of his way to espouse ideas that are troubling to say the least and truly disturbing to be more accurate through any media channel available to him. I do feel left a little cold by this and am now down to a listen to Maladjusted every so often.

Listen, without being offensive or anything, this ''hateful, hate this, hate that'' nonsense is getting tiresome. I understand if you find some user's language and words objectionable, but why don't you just stop for aminute and think about it: it must have a reason why many of us have problems with the modern-day Morrissey? Surely you can't dismiss everyone as ''not having a life''.

As Uncleskinny put it, i can't cite the exact words: most of us would love to praise Morrissey, but his recent TTY ramblings and in general public persona makes me (among others) embarrassed being a Morrissey fan. Up until recently i could trun a blind eye and say i still listen to his music, but, as a fan since 1987 (!) i start to skip even his music for what he became. As I wrote, you can start your ''cult of hate'' cliche, but just think about it....it's hard to defend the man when you try to be objective.

Hey Musician, If you don't think all the going on and on hate M get's here is NOT tiresome, then I don't know what to say. Maybe you agree with those posts because it reinforces what you believe to be 'right'. I understand that, BUT agreeing with other peoples (to me)false claims doesn't make it right or true...It is ONLY an opinion. And in turn I'm only giving mine. You can put me on 'ignore', please do.

As far as the words I use... They are just the mirror reverse of the words others use here and I will go on using them as they go on using theirs. TIC for TACK ... children at play and the 'games' we play here are just as important... they mean nothing.

Ive also been listening to him since 87. And have been to more shows than I care to count. And still.. NO REGRETS.

peace, kS

Last edited:
Butcher or Brummie?

'Boys will be boys'

...are they not one and the same?

Well, It's definitely not 'B.B'

Bridget Bardot !

for she is a

lover of love

and not

a lover of hate.

But it's nice to see

that you may be 'human'

for you can admit that

'Haters are gonna hate'.

But I'm sure with a few more of my

tough-love posts

and reasoning

I can bring you 'round

to seeing things

my way.

;)

NEXT !

You have failed me ! Why am I not surprised !
When you can answer the question put to you about your leaders actions in light of the Paris atrocities I might give you some of my precious.

Your fired !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

You have failed me ! Why am I not surprised !
When you can answer the question put to you about your leaders actions in light of the Paris atrocities I might give you some of my precious.

Your fired !

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

Sorry B. I must confess that I really only come here to Solo for the 'promoted content' at the bottom. And well, I just clicked on ' 10 Birthday Gifts That Men Actually Want' And I must say that this IS enthralling stuff! So, I'll have to get back to your question later.

patience for MY 'precious' ?

kS.

Sans 'silly face' ...

just for you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom