TTY: Morrissey y Malvinas

Morrissey y Malvinas - true-to-you.net
15 December 2015

Political hope died with the wrong one among many wrong ones; that thug of ego overload known as Margaret Thatcher. Proudly wearing the badge of the brute, thug Thatcher murdered Argentinian boys and gave the world the thumbs up. Atrocity has some validation if ownership is the final result, and to hell with intellect! Ensconced on her own throne, thug Thatcher's glut of excess set almost every major British city alight in flames. But that wasn't enough. Dressed in combat gear (!) the show-'em-all pilot blew up Argentina's Belgrano even though it posed no threat to British troops; youth too soon gone. England wondered how badly it had behaved in order to deserve Margaret Thatcher, who invented a civilization of hate. Legless war heroes still support Thatcher, for if they did not, they would be forced to face the truth of their lives: that their limbs were used to fuel her ego.
The Malvinas belong to the people of Argentina, not least of all because they are right here, in the windily warm Argentinian air. The Malvinas are not three miles west of Knightsbridge. Thatcher the destroyer did not care whether British or Argentinian lives were lost, and it is only her menu of horrors that ensure her legacy. No Thatcher monument would ever stand on British soil, for it would be felled in an instant as a symbol of poisoned terror. However, world peace is none of your business.

​Morrissey
​15 December 2015
​Buenos Aires

Photograph of Morrissey taken on 14 December 2015 in Argentina by Ginger Shortcake.

morrissey_in_argentina.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pointing out that the public face he presents exhibits many of the recognised traits of a psychopath, and that he has long advocated suicide in both song and in interviews, most recently in his Larry King interview, where he called it "admirable," where it is anything but to the poor souls left behind and devastated.

Asleep, as beautiful as it is, is famously a call to self-destruction, and was cited in the media shortly after release as being potentially a trigger for suicide. It is a subject to which he has returned repeatedly. How many vulnerable, impressionable people were finally persuaded to kill themselves by his musings? I would suggest perhaps many down the decades and that he might consider that before suggesting others bear responsibility for the deaths of people.

I don't recall any specific mentions of Morrissey-induced suicide in the press (nor am I aware of anyone mentioning him in a suicide note for that matter). I'm old enough to remember The Smiths, and to have known some pretty unhinged fans who followed Morrissey everywhere (one of them camped out in his LA driveway for far too long). No one (in my experience at least) ever died as a result.

Lots of folks have, however, credited Morrissey with being an inspiration, comforting them and letting them know they're not alone (songs like "Asleep" can have that effect). There have been plenty of notices on this very site of media personalities who say that, in some capacity, Morrissey saved either their sanity or their life. One hears far more often that Morrissey got someone through a tough time than, say, Morrissey drove someone to the brink of despair.

I actually agree with you: the man is clearly spiraling out, and increasingly desperate. His Paris comment truly does come from a place of damage and derangement, and that's a sad (and somewhat predictable) state of affairs for someone who has suffered from depression for most of his life.

Psychopath or not, Morrissey's sum-total effect on the world of music (and in the lives of his admirers) has been overwhelmingly positive. I hope it stays that way...

I don't recall any specific mentions of Morrissey-induced suicide in the press (nor am I aware of anyone mentioning him in a suicide note for that matter). I'm old enough to remember The Smiths, and to have known some pretty unhinged fans who followed Morrissey everywhere (one of them camped out in his LA driveway for far too long). No one (in my experience at least) ever died as a result.

Lots of folks have, however, credited Morrissey with being an inspiration, comforting them and letting them know they're not alone (songs like "Asleep" can have that effect). There have been plenty of notices on this very site of media personalities who say that, in some capacity, Morrissey saved either their sanity or their life. One hears far more often that Morrissey got someone through a tough time than, say, Morrissey drove someone to the brink of despair.

I actually agree with you: the man is clearly spiraling out, and increasingly desperate. His Paris comment truly does come from a place of damage and derangement, and that's a sad (and somewhat predictable) state of affairs for someone who has suffered from depression for most of his life.

Psychopath or not, Morrissey's sum-total effect on the world of music (and in the lives of his admirers) has been overwhelmingly positive. I hope it stays that way...

Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

by davidt
Published on March 14, 2013 09:02 AM 362 Comments Comments
Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

Benny-the-British-Butcher

dude your idol wishes death on people on a regular basis? what is wrong with you?
who cares if someone wishes death on moz? he himself does it regularly.
are you senseless?

You again? You haven't read a word I've said. I will repeat myself this once, just because you obviously seem to be...challenged:
No, just because Moz does it doesn't make it ok. That's a stupid argument. And we can't control what he posts on his own website, but we could keep it reasonably sane here.

Now, try and start your next post or sentence with a different word than 'dude'. Ok, Sk8er Boi?

There have been plenty of notices on this very site of media personalities who say that, in some capacity, Morrissey saved either their sanity or their life.

In fact, a prominent example of that would be Peter Birro, that Swedish script writer, poet and musician.

So everything is allowed to be written here except explicit death threats? Wishing people dead are fine, however. I guess the moderators here cannot be very busy. Their working-load is kept on the most minimal level possible. Once every century they might have to make some minor adjustment to a post.

Of course, this is also reflected in the atmosphere here. It somehow feels like a kindergarten filled with kids competing at insulting or making fun of Morrissey. The one who goes furthest wins. It is certainly an interesting "fan" community.

wtf? of coure britian owned ireland for many many years, and then gave you your freedom. its not like you fought them for it or anything.
britian whupped ireland too many times to count.
have you been sampling the product?

You're as thick as barleycunt, the Republic of Ireland wasn't formed until 1937, the Brits were kicked out in 1922 when the free state was formed, therefore Britain never "owned" the Republic of Ireland you thick prick, British colonialism is dead, time for the Brits to get out of the six counties, the Maldives, and Gibraltar

Blykey! I reckon ya'll I was waiting for this, but he really went to town on this one chaps.

I have to say Morrissey has lost some rep points wearing that track jacket with "fly emirates". I had to take 30 seconds from sipping my morning coffee and looking out over the vast Pacific from my deck to look up what "fly emirates" is. If I was British Airways, I would be pissed. They really cater to him.

"warm Argentina air" That place didn't look very warm when I see Argentiniannan soldiers getting blown to pieces and burned alive on documentaries. At least the old lady president of England gives kind of a Grandma vibe, this Margaret Thatcher looks like a psycho Brit bitch. Anonymous-

Last edited:
'It is a ticket selling exercise. He's using the deaths of British and Argentine servicemen to line his own pockets. The Argentinians are now getting as wise ..'

REALLY ?

Just who is reading these statements then running to buy tickets? And is it because they agree with him? Is it because of their own patriotism /love of their country? Or is it because they disagree with him but are still intrigued by a person that would even bother to remember and feel strongly to come out and make such statements on said subject?

And why would you think M would say such things in order in the hope to sell tickets? Do you think that he feels that his own publicity team(does he have one?) can't drum up enough promotion?

Also he's been saying 'outrageous things' because he feels strongly about certain subjects. Don't you think if he was doing this over the years as a way to 'sell tickets' that having to continue in this way(making TTY statements,etc) that it doesn't work that well and should find another way to 'sell tickets' ?

There must then be another reason for him to continue to make statements at all... and I don't think it's to 'sell tickets'.

The local press read and print it when the covered wagon rolls in to town for chug-rock showtime.

Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

by davidt
Published on March 14, 2013 09:02 AM 362 Comments Comments
Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

I never met Margaret. Your post implies that Morrissey was somehow responsible for her death. It is equally likely that he kept her going. I really don't know. He didn't kill any of the Smiths/Morrissey lifers that I know.

It would be interesting to see a tally of fan suicides: how does Smiths/Morrissey rate against, say, The Cure, U2, REM, Prince, or anyone else big in the '80s? We'll probably never know.

My point stands: you'd have to be suffering from Morrissey Derangement Syndrome to believe that he's done more harm than good.

So everything is allowed to be written here except explicit death threats? Wishing people dead are fine, however. I guess the moderators here cannot be very busy. Their working-load is kept on the most minimal level possible. Once every century they might have to make some minor adjustment to a post.

Of course, this is also reflected in the atmosphere here. It somehow feels like a kindergarten filled with kids competing at insulting or making fun of Morrissey. The one who goes furthest wins. It is certainly an interesting "fan" community.

what's good for the goose is good for the gander
Contents
English
Proverb
English Edit

Proverb Edit
what's good for the goose is good for the gander

What is good for a woman is equally good for a man; or, what a woman can have or do, so can a man have or do. This comes from an earlier proverb, “What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.”
What is good for one type is equally good for another type, despite any irrelevant differences between the types.

It wouldn't have to be a "much greater" level of civility. Nor does this site has to be churchlike. That would be just as extreme as what we have now. Just stop wishing death on people. Make at least certain things non-permissible.

Wishing death on someone should be considered worse than going off topic.

You are totally off topic, and you are repeating yourself which is spam. You're engaging in character defamation of other posters rather than refuting facts. USE YOUR IGNORE FUNCTION, YOU SIMPLETON.

It must be tiring being as permanently angry as you are Plastic. How's your British passport and benefits book? :thumb:

The island of Ireland was ruled from London for a considerable period of time, you terrorist loving piece of shit. (Is that how it's done?)

'It is a ticket selling exercise. He's using the deaths of British and Argentine servicemen to line his own pockets. The Argentinians are now getting as wise ..'

REALLY ?

Just who is reading these statements then running to buy tickets? And is it because they agree with him? Is it because of their own patriotism /love of their country? Or is it because they disagree with him but are still intrigued by a person that would even bother to remember and feel strongly to come out and make such statements on said subject?

And why would you think M would say such things in order in the hope to sell tickets? Do you think that he feels that his own publicity team(does he have one?) can't drum up enough promotion?

Also he's been saying 'outrageous things' because he feels strongly about certain subjects. Don't you think if he was doing this over the years as a way to 'sell tickets' that having to continue in this way(making TTY statements,etc) that it doesn't work that well and should find another way to 'sell tickets' ?

There must then be another reason for him to continue to make statements at all... and I don't think it's to 'sell tickets'.

You don't see that the bullfighting post has a picture with a song title? Or that the post after that comcludes with an album title? Or that he is on record, in the leaked email, as wondering why a recent press outrage didn't produce a hit single?
Nobody said it's working. That's why many people think he is losing the plot. Go back to the other thread where you discuss a book you haven't read or an audio recording you haven't listened to. Or maybe just stay in the frink thread and the one where people post songs they are listening to. Anything that doesn't involve logic and reason.

It must be tiring being as permanently angry as you are Plastic. How's your British passport and benefits book? :thumb:

The island of Ireland was ruled from London for a considerable period of time, you terrorist loving piece of shit. (Is that how it's done?)

Oh it's the island of Ireland now, earlier it was the Republic of Ireland, make your mind up simpleton

:lbf: 'He must have been responsible for a significant number of suicides down the years'

proof ? Do you have ANY suicide notes proclaiming M as the sole reason of their decision to take their lives ?

'but must have the blood of hundreds, perhaps thousands of people on his hands. '
'to ask him how many vulnerable people he calculates he has helped usher into an early grave? '

:lbf: what a mind you have that has led you to carry on with such imaginative lines as above.

'Edit: I'm watching a programme now about Jimmy Savile and the character traits that made him a psychopath. The most commonly used professional guidelines employed to measure such behaviour includes: manipulative, lacks empathy, grandiose, insincere charm, frequent liar, shallow emotions, impulsive, unable to take responsibilty for own failings... '

And your point here is....?

I'm not sure why you need this explained to you again KS, as you patently aren't daft, and my points were clear enough, but I have a few minutes spare so I shall indulge you.

I'm pointing out he's often praised those who have committed suicide and the act of suicide itself. It's not a great stretch of the imagination to conclude some people may have been vulnerable enough to listen to his nonsense and perhaps be so ill they take his words as dark approval and a final push over the edge. You ask for proof it has happened. Prove it hasn't. You obviously don't recall some of the media reports during the Smiths era particularly.

He could easily be indirectly responsible for the deaths of many people. Look at the way a few of you here hang on his every word and treat his views with an almost religious fervour. It's quite possible others have literally hanged on those words too. I think he should be asked for his comments on this delicate subject. It would at least make a change from "World Peace album subject to Harvest rejection, am it?" which is what we get at the moment.

Morrissey today has given up the music business and run away to join the circus. Part of that career change has meant that he is pointing more fingers than ever before in an effort just to be noticed at all. He should examine the mote in his own eye. His inner psychopath is showing.

Oh it's the island of Ireland now, earlier it was the Republic of Ireland, make your mind up simpleton

Read it again, dopey bollocks. France wasn't always France and Argentina wasn't even a state when the British first got their hands on the Falklands.

I find it necessary when dealing with people like you, the recent Morrissey fan, to simplify certain issues or you struggle to grasp the most basic concepts.

Part of the Argentinian argument is that the Falklands are on "their" continental shelf, just as Ireland - or would you prefer Hibernia? - is on ours.

the republic of ireland is in the island of of ireland. dont act stupid.
before it was a republic ireland existed and it was owned by the british.
you are fake, from scotland on a british passport. ffs do you have any sense?

You're as thick as barleycunt, the Republic of Ireland wasn't formed until 1937, the Brits were kicked out in 1922 when the free state was formed, therefore Britain never "owned" the Republic of Ireland you thick prick, British colonialism is dead, time for the Brits to get out of the six counties, the Maldives, and Gibraltar

the british let you all have your republic. LOL ffs the irish have yet to win a regular war.
it was nothing but a headache that produced little.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom